Irish Mountain
Running Association

Navigation for mountain runners - Beginners

AuthorDateMessage
Tanya SheridanFeb 24 2017, 3:59pmHi everyone,

Paul Nolan has agreed to run two further half day courses in navigation skills for mountain runners – one beginners and one intermediate/advanced. Further details on the beginners course is below. There is a separate thread for the intermediate/advanced course.

We will give priority to anyone who was on the wait list for last year’s event as long as they respond confirming their attendance on the appropriate thread by the end of the day on Monday February 27. The wait list is: Brendan Neville, Christopher Willoughby, Donna Mahon and Morgan O'Halloran.

Beginners Course:

- Date: Sunday March 12 (Annagh Hill recovery day!).

- Time: 10.30 to 2.00/2.30 pm

- Meeting place: Upper car park in Glendalough

- Cost: Eur 30 (please bring cash on the day)

- What to bring: whatever maps you have and a compass (Paul will also provide a standard map for each participant to use for the session). Clothes for fast walking with stops rather than running will be ideal.

We have capacity for ten people, subject to the wait list priority. Please indicate your interest by responding below. If your plans subsequently change and you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as you can.

Please try to car pool as much as you can.

Many thanks to Paul for making this course available!

The Committee
Niall McGuinnessFeb 24 2017, 4:33pmI'd love to do this...please put my name down. Niall McGuinness. Thanks a million Paul for organising.
S.M. GriffithFeb 24 2017, 9:30pmMe please! Thanks Paul
Orla McEvoyFeb 24 2017, 9:59pmI'd like to put my name down too, thanks for organizing
Brendan NevilleFeb 26 2017, 10:37pmPaul, I'm in for 12th and thanks for organizing. Brendan
S.M. GriffithMar 7 2017, 10:48pmHi Paul/Tanya... any update on whether this is going ahead? Please and thanks
Paul NolanMar 8 2017, 10:31amHi Sorcha
Yes this session will be going ahead as planned.
S.M. GriffithMar 8 2017, 1:44pmCool, thanks a million :)
Paul NolanMar 10 2017, 4:19pmJust confirming we'll kick off at 10:30 from the upper lake carpark in Glendalough on Sunday. Given the recent weather bring suncream and raincoats.
Declan BrennanMar 12 2017, 12:00amHey are there are any places left on this? If so do I need to join IMRA and can I do that on the day?
Thanks!
Pól Ó MurchúMar 12 2017, 12:44amHi Declan,
I think you should be fine to just go along. While it is organised by IMRA mainly for members it is not an IMRA event. It looks like there are a couple of spaces left if you still want to go along.
Paul NolanMar 12 2017, 7:20amHi Declan
As Pol says you are welcome to come along today.
Declan BrennanMar 12 2017, 9:38amThanks Pol and Paul for the quick replies! I'm afraid I won't make it after all this time but thanks for being so inclusive. Enjoy the day!
Shane MceneaneyMar 14 2017, 8:36amHi Paul,

Any plans for another beginner navigation course? I couldn't make this one.

Thanks,

Shane