Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Relay

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Lorna RoeJan 30 2017, 10:22amHi there

I'm really interested in putting together a team for the Wicklow Way Relay, but I'm in the dark about the logistics of the race....I have a few questions which I would be really grateful if someone in the "know" could answer!

1. Are there rules governing the composition of your team? - males/females/ages etc
2. Is there a cut-off time for completion (i.e. can slightly slower runners participate?).
3. Is there any sign-posting during the race, or do the team need to know the route from beforehand?
4. Is there any transport organised to get people to the start of each leg?
5. Am I OK to develop my team in the next month or so, or should I register one this week if the relay will sell out?

Thanks so much!
Lorna
Rene BorgJan 30 2017, 10:54amHi Lorna:

answers below:

1. Are there rules governing the composition of your team? - males/females/ages etc

Any eight man team must have a minimum of 2 female runners and 2 masters runners (over-40, which can be male or female). the remaining 4 spots can be any age. A female masters runner does not count 'double'.

2. Is there a cut-off time for completion (i.e. can slightly slower runners participate?).

All abilities compete here really as long as they can competently complete a recce of their leg ahead of the event (this is a requirement for participation). there's no cut-off but there is a mass-start at Drumgoff at 13:15 (handover between leg 5 and leg 6). any teams that have not arrived at that stage must send their leg 6 runner away with the mass-start so the marshals in Shillelagh don't have to wait around until the early evening. The time is manually corrected later for these teams.

3. Is there any sign-posting during the race, or do the team need to know the route from beforehand?

The Wicklow Way is way-marked but there is no other marking provided except at the end (see below) so it is a requirement that each runner has run and is confident they can complete their leg. There online maps available as well as several booklets showing the whole Wicklow Way. As you run the legs yourself you will note the places where the official 'yellow man markers' are not entirely intuitive to follow.

On the final leg we divert away from the Wicklow Way to Shillelagh. At the diversion point markings will be provided but the runner must still know the route by heart.

4. Is there any transport organised to get people to the start of each leg?

No, each team must be self-sufficient and organise their own pick-ups and drop-offs. This is part of the challenge as you do not want to bring too many cars out on the roads at any given time as many of the hand-overs are on narrow roads and small parking spots. Schedule in your expected times, ensure you know when each runner is likely to arrive and ensure the next runners will be brought or brings themselves to the start in plenty of time.

5. Am I OK to develop my team in the next month or so, or should I register one this week if the relay will sell out?

Registration is not currently open. We generally open registration March. Several warnings will be posted on this forum and when registration opens, the first 30 teams to register will get in. any teams after that go on a waiting list and usually 1-2 teams drop out because of injuries etc. we collect money only from the teams who get in.
Rene BorgMar 8 2017, 11:43amI plan to open registration for this event Friday 18th of March, so best get your initial team sheets ready. Limit to 30 teams entered and only 1 official team per athletic club, triathlon club or similar.
Rene BorgMar 8 2017, 11:54amthat should read Friday 17th of March
Ronan McCarthyMar 8 2017, 2:49pmHi,

I'm just wondering how much the cost of entry is?
Also do you enter through the IMRA site?

Thanks,
Ronan
Rene BorgMar 8 2017, 3:51pmHi Ronan, 120 euros per team. A special product will be created on the IMRA website and opened up once the 30 teams have been confirmed. The registration process will be posted soon but basically you don't pay until your spot is confirmed among the 30 teams to ensure we don't have to pay any refunds to teams purchasing that didn't make it in.
Rene BorgMar 9 2017, 9:59amNote information on the page is currently out of date and the links to the leg descriptions are broken. Check last year's events for details until I get full access to change the event page and the webmaster has a chance to fix the broken links.
Rene BorgMar 9 2017, 10:02amLEG DESCRIPTIONS

There has been changes to legs 3 and 6 in particular over the last few years and this year also sees big changes to leg 4. The routes are not massively different in climb and length but for leg 3, 4 and 6 in particular it is a 'true re-route' of the older courses.

Below are some of the GPX files we have compiled over the years showing the routes - some are no longer current and/or missing, so if you have newer links please send them along.

LEG 1 (13.6 km, 470m climb):
https://www.strava.com/activities/92085482
LEG 2 (15 km, 680m climb)
https://www.strava.com/activities/103626946
LEG 3 (8.3 km, 125m climb)
https://www.strava.com/activities/305232985
LEG 4 (9.5 km, 350m climb): https://www.strava.com/activities/103627338
(no longer current version)
LEG 5 (13.7 km, 560m climb):
https://www.strava.com/activities/103558582
LEG 6 (12.7 km, 533m climb):
https://www.strava.com/activities/310369687
LEG 7 (21.1 km, 610m climb):
https://www.strava.com/activities/103626641
LEG 8 (10 km, 147m climb):
https://www.strava.com/activities/56460833
Rene BorgMar 10 2017, 11:10amLeg description links have been fixed.
Rene BorgMar 10 2017, 4:31pmThree steps registration process for this event:

1. Fill in the Word form at this link with your preliminary form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nzZ-N6J3GWvrMzZiXe50DgZ73pqqHFkjOWIpEt386WU/edit?usp=sharing

2. Send the form as an attachment to the email listed on the form from 4 pm on Thursday 16th of March. Early entries will be told to resubmit.

(first 30 forms to reach me after 4 pm take the spaces available. Following entries will be put on a waiting list)

3. Await confirmation that your team is in and once received go to the IMRA products page and purchase the Wicklow Way Relay product: https://www.imra.ie/shop/products

(you must be logged into MyImra for this to work)

This completes registration. Then you have two more tasks to do before your team will be allowed to start on the day:

1. Fill out your team details for our database here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j51fPDKOiikrPtSALaB3HQMwR_xHaNTQypn7wGjMYRE/edit#. Here you will confirm the IMRA numbers for the year of each team member (if they have one) for insurance purposes

(you can make changes to this entry up until 5 pm on Friday May 12th)

2. For any team member who is not a member of IMRA, they have two options:

- Register for a free one-day membership (process to be confirmed)
- Register for IMRA as usual by purchasing the Annual Membership product: https://www.imra.ie/shop/products
Inigo AlanaMar 13 2017, 9:15pmIf there's a team in need of an M40 male, I'd like to run this race. I've never organised anything like this but I'd be happy to get involved. A final note: I'm slow but I have a car with a big boot that could come in handy on race day!
Rene BorgMar 15 2017, 12:41pmTomorrow is the day, we open registrations, so have your entry forms ready to post to rene.borg@outlook.ie
Shane O'MalleyMar 15 2017, 5:06pmHi Rene

Thursday the 16Th March then for registration?

What time does registration open. 16:00 ?

Thanks

Shane
Rene BorgMar 15 2017, 6:12pmShane - yes and yes.
Rene BorgMar 16 2017, 2:24pmJust over 1.5 hours to go before forms need to be send through to me. Don't panic if you don't receive a response straight away as I'll be driving during that time. I will see your forms arriving in my inbox anyway in the correct order. Last year we did not get 30 entries at all so there was no problem with teams not getting in - but it has happened in previous years. A notification will be send early evening of the teams that got in. Save a copy of your outbound email and CC yourself so you can confirm it went through.
Rene BorgMar 16 2017, 2:50pmDoes anyone know if Leg 6 is back to normal or still diverted to the much shorter course from last year?
Rene BorgMar 16 2017, 6:46pmOk, we had 30 teams in before 6 pm! You can send further entries but these will go on the waiting list.

I am heading out for a few hours, so will sort through the forms tonight or tomorrow and send confirmation. But if you send your form through between 4 pm and 6 pm you can be fairly certain that 'you're in'.
Rene BorgMar 17 2017, 9:14amSorry for keeping everyone in suspense - arrived back too late after club training to send out the final tally. It will be up in the next 30 minutes.

In the meantime I have fixed the links to historical results so you can use them as potential predictors of times this year. Remember last years leg 6 was shortened significantly and the times cannot be used to gauge how fast runners will be on the normal course (we're awaiting confirmation that the re-route is now removed).
Rene BorgMar 17 2017, 10:51amPRELIMINARY TEAM-LIST

34 teams arrived near-simultaneously so registration is now closed at that number versus 29 teams last year. 18 of last years teams are towing the line again and they have been assigned the same number as their finish position (So defending champions TT runners are number 1).

The 'gap numbers' have been assigned to the 16 'new' teams competing this year. Team captains should circulate this number to their crew as they will need to shout this at the hand-over marshals.

Team No Team Competed last year?
1 TT Racers © Yes
2 Rathfarnham Runners Yes
3 UCDO Yes
4 Crusaders AC Yes
5 Hurt Squad Yes
7 Mountain Swifts Yes
8 Glendalough AC Yes
9 Tinahely Tri Club Yes
12 Croghan Warriors Yes
14 Dunshaughlin Demons Yes
16 Cork Orientierungsläufer Yes
20 Liffey Trail Runners Yes
21 Brothers Pearse A.C Yes
22 West Waterford AC Yes
24 Mullaghmeen Warriors Yes
25 Le Cheile AC Yes
27 Studs, sweat and stunners Yes
29 Out and about Yes
6 SIGue SIGue Sputniks
10 Athenry AC
11 Three Rock Runners
13 Not much faster, but certainly furiouser!
15 Fast Fingers
17 All My Running Friends Are Actually Deer
18 Lactic Lunatics
19 Where's Patrick
23 Three Rock and Rollers
26 Grassroots
28 Agony of Defeet
30 Tipping Off There
31 Western Warriors
32 The Kilcoolers
33 Murchu's Men
34 Rush Running
Rene BorgMar 17 2017, 10:54amNEXT STEP FOR TEAM CAPTAINS

To confirm your team, please purchase the WWR product in the Purchase IMRA Products section by Tuesday next - end of day.

The payment will confirm your team. If payment is not received I will assume the team will not go ahead and contact you to confirm and we will give the spot to the first team on the waiting list.

A separate email will be send with this instruction.
Rene BorgMar 17 2017, 11:28amNote product isn't updated yet in the IMRA Purchase page - check back over the next 1-2 days and it should be there.
John RoweMar 17 2017, 11:34amHi Rene,I sent an entry yesterday after 4.00, but my team does not appear on your list of entries. I forwarded you a copy of the entry from to confirm it was sent. Can you check this out for me. John, Team Bravehearts
Rene BorgMar 17 2017, 11:40amHi JOhn, as discussed you're in as well as you had evidence of the outbound email.

This means you get number 24 which was your placing last year so the whole number list is revised below:

No Team Competed last year?
1 TT Racers © Yes
3 UCDO Yes
4 Crusaders AC Yes
5 Hurt Squad Yes
6 SIGue SIGue Sputniks
7 Mountain Swifts Yes
8 Glendalough AC Yes
9 Tinahely Tri Club Yes
10 Athenry AC
11 Three Rock Runners
12 Croghan Warriors Yes
13 Mullaghmeen Warriors Yes
15 Fast Fingers
18 Not much faster, but certainly furiouser!
19 Where's Patrick
22 West Waterford AC Yes
24 Bravehearts Yes
25 Le Cheile AC Yes
26 Grassroots
28 Agony of Defeet
29 Out and about Yes
30 Tipping Off There
31 Western Warriors
32 The Kilcoolers
33 Murchu's Men
34 Rush Running
35 Lactic Lunatics

I have a proposal for the committee to setup a better registration process in the future - we'll discuss that at some stage.
Karen JohnsMar 17 2017, 11:49amCan't find relay on purchase page?!?
John RoweMar 17 2017, 12:04pmThanks Rene. Appreciate your help. John
Rene BorgMar 17 2017, 3:01pmProduct doesn't seem to be live yet - check in tomorrow and/or Sunday and it should be there.
Clare KeeleyMar 18 2017, 1:22pmHi Rene, Leg 6 is still as it is on the map you have on the events page( was up that way couple weeks ago). Up into Drumgoff on Wicklow way as normal, really muddy section is now board walk, there is a left turn at T junction (original wicklow way goes to the right)which is well sign posted that brings you out on to Military Road, all signposted. Clare
Cuan McCarrickMar 19 2017, 9:24amI can't find the relay on the purchase page.
Rene BorgMar 20 2017, 2:48pmPlease note the WW Relay product wasn't made available at the planned time so the current deadline for payment will move out to Monday next week.

Do not send any emails until further notice around this is given here on the forum - once there's a change in status I will update everyone here.
Vanessa McShaneMar 24 2017, 2:55pmHi, Wicklow Way Relay not on purchase page?
Rene BorgMar 24 2017, 3:47pmhi Vanessa, see my last post for your answer.
Andrew HanneyMar 25 2017, 1:38pmAnyone wanna go over leg 5 the second weekend in April?
Emma ParkinsonMar 28 2017, 2:05pmIf anyone is going out to recce Leg 6 over next few weeks at a nice easy pace could they post it up here & I might try to tag along. Thanks
Rene BorgMar 28 2017, 5:09pmThe Wicklow Way Relay product is now available for purchase, please confirm your team's registration by paying before end of day this Friday 31st.

https://www.imra.ie/shop/products
Rene BorgMar 28 2017, 5:30pmUpdated team list and numbers - if all teams confirm by paying by end of Friday, this will be the final list.

No Team Competed last year?
1 TT Racers © Yes
3 UCDO Yes
4 Crusaders AC Yes
5 Hurt Squad Yes
6 SIGue SIGue Sputniks
7 Mountain Swifts Yes
8 Glendalough AC Yes
9 Tinahely Tri Club Yes
10 Lactic Lunatics
11 The Hatefull 8 Yes
12 Gap Trail Runners Yes
13 Mullaghmeen Warriors Yes
15 Fast Fingers
18 Not much faster, but certainly furiouser!
19 The Lucky 8
22 West Waterford AC Yes
24 Bravehearts Yes
25 Le Cheile AC Yes
26 Grassroots
28 Agony of Defeet
29 Out and about Yes
30 Tipping Off There
31 Western Warriors
32 The Kilcoolers
33 Murchu's Men
34 Rush Running
35 Three Rock Runners
Rene BorgMar 28 2017, 7:16pmQuestion regarding free one-day memberships:

- these will still be in place like last year
- I am confirming with the IMRA committee whether these 1-day members need to submit a physical form or not this year
Gareth LittleMar 30 2017, 9:39pmPlanning an out and back recce of Leg 4 this Saturday. Approx 11:30 am. ~19k

Message me if interested in going me. Thx
Dermot MurphyMar 31 2017, 9:54amWith all the recces taking part, here is an ideal opportunity to give back to hills with little effort. Could people bring a small bag with them on their recces and remove any rubbish they see along the route? If everyone does a bit, it would go a long way to cleaning up the trail. Please mention on this thread any "hotspots" you encounter where there is any build up of rubbish (ie along the Glencree river on leg 2, between Curtlestown and Crone wood).
Andrew HanneyApr 1 2017, 9:04amI plan to go over Leg 5 on Easter weekend if anyone is interested in going...
Ronan McCarthyApr 4 2017, 11:42amHi,

We are just trying to get our recces organised on our team. There's just a bit of confusion over the legs.
You mentioned above that some legs have small changes and some big, I'm just wondering though are the Start/Finish/Handover points still the same for every leg, once we have those we should be able to find our way.
Thanks,
Ronan.
Ronan McCarthyApr 4 2017, 11:43amHi,

We are just trying to get our recces organised on our team. There's just a bit of confusion over the legs.
You mentioned above that some legs have small changes and some big, I'm just wondering though are the Start/Finish/Handover points still the same for every leg, once we have those we should be able to find our way.
Thanks,
Ronan.
Rene BorgApr 4 2017, 2:26pmAll hand-over spots are the same. they haven't changed - only the routes in between continue to be upgraded and sometimes rerouted.
Rene BorgApr 4 2017, 2:27pmA tree is down on leg 4 just before the crossing of the Military Road towards Glenmacnass.

A small muddy path on the left hand side leads around the tree - at most it will cost runners 3-4 seconds but the tree may well be removed by the time 13th May comes around
Rene BorgApr 6 2017, 11:59amUpdated leg descriptions now available

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xegthwdiriajk20/WWR%20leg%20descriptions.docx?dl=0
Jim RyanApr 10 2017, 5:20pmHey all, I was doing Leg 6 recently and there is a diversion in place coming out of the boardwalk section onto the wider fire road. The traditional WW marker tells you to go right, but the diversion goes left bringing you onto Military road much earlier. There is a steady climb up Military road until the next and final offroad section to the left. tks
Mick HanneyApr 14 2017, 12:47pmThe new boardwalk section in leg 6 over the previously very mucky trail section is a welcome addition.

As previous poster said the long middle section on the road continues on what is sadly a pretty long-term diversion at this stage - are we into the 3rd or 4th year of it now...
Rene BorgApr 18 2017, 10:52amLEG 6 DETOUR

We have confirmation that the leg 6 detour from 2016 is still in place. You can look back in the results file - you'll notice time are much quicker in 2016 and use these to estimate your team's splits.

As a quick overview:

Normal Current detour
Distance 12.7 km 10.3 km
Climb 533m 444m
Best time 47:40 43:48
Average time 73 minutes 58 minutes

So teams at the front should expect to be 3-6 minutes quicker and the average team could be almost 15 minutes quicker. Teams further down may be even faster.

As last year it means no new overall record can be set this year and no new record for leg 6.
Dermot MurphyApr 18 2017, 12:54pmHi Rene - I recced leg 6 a few days ago, and the current detour is slightly different to last year. The map that is linked in the Event page looks spot on - length of this years version is 11.7km (climb just over 500 meters).

Last year, the route missed the first turn off the road - continued with an initial climb along the road, before detouring back in to the trails. The second road section detour from the Drumgoff car park is the same as last year.
Rene BorgApr 18 2017, 2:49pmThanks Dermot. Only about one kilometer short this year then. Records will obviously still not be counted on this detour - both for overall and leg 6.
Jason KehoeApr 21 2017, 9:35am***************************
VOLUNTEER UPDATE
Hi Everyone,

We are looking for volunteers for the Relay. It may suit if you are hanging around between legs or if you fancy just spectating the action.
Handover Marshalls: Record team numbers and times as they arrive.
Traffic Marshalls: Ensure no illegal parking and no blocking of roads and handover area

Current assignments:
1) Kilmashogue/ Start: 07:00 - Jason Kehoe [STARTER] & [REGISTRATIONS]
2) Curtlestown/ Est. Arrival: 07:55 - Orla McEvoy [HANDOVER MARSHALL] & Peter O'Farrell
3) Lough Tay/ Est. Arrival: 08:55 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL] & [TRAFFIC MARSHALL]
4) Oldbridge/ Est. Arrival: 09:20 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL] & [TRAFFIC MARSHALL]
5) Glendalough/ Est. Arrival: 10:00 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL]
6) Drumgoff/ Est. Arrival: 10:55 - MASS START - 13:15 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL] & [2 X TRAFFIC MARSHALL]
7) Ironbridge/ Est. Arrival: 11:45 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL] & [TRAFFIC MARSHALL]
8) Crossbridge/ Est. Arrival: 13:00 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL] & [TRAFFIC MARSHALL]
9) Finish Line: Shillelagh/ Est. Arrival: 13:35 - Joe Lawlor?? [FINISH MARSHALL]

You can volunteer online or drop me an email at jason@championseverywhere.com

Thanks,
Jason
Mick HanneyApr 21 2017, 1:47pmI can do Ironbridge.
Angela FlynnApr 22 2017, 10:51amHi, Jason I can do Lough Tay handover for you- angela
Jason KehoeApr 22 2017, 7:14pm***************************
VOLUNTEER UPDATE

7 Volunteers still required!

Handover Marshall's: Record team numbers and times as they arrive.
Traffic Marshalls: Ensure no illegal parking and no blocking of roads and handover area

Current assignments:
1) Kilmashogue/ Start: 07:00 - Starter: Jason Kehoe
2) Curtlestown/ Est. Arrival: 07:55 - [HM: Orla McEvoy] & [TM: Peter O'Farrell]
3) Lough Tay/ Est. Arrival: 08:55 - [HM: James Cahill] & [TM: Angela flynn]
4) Oldbridge/ Est. Arrival: 09:20 - [HM: Anna (Snjezana Frketic)] & [TM: Gordon Place]
5) Glendalough/ Est. Arrival: 10:00 - [HM: Lindie Naughton]
6) Drumgoff/ Est. Arrival: 10:55 - MASS START - 13:15 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL] & [2 X TRAFFIC MARSHALL]
7) Ironbridge/ Est. Arrival: 11:45 - [HM: Mick Hanney] & [TRAFFIC MARSHALL]
9) Finish Line: Shillelagh/ Est. Arrival: 13:35 - [FINISH MARSHALL]

You can volunteer online or drop me an email at: jason@championseverywhere.com

Thanks,
Jason
Lillian DeeganApr 23 2017, 10:01amHi Jason,
I'm happy to work the finish line in Shillelagh. I'm down home the same w/e.
Rene BorgApr 23 2017, 4:22pmOfficial 'inspection' of Wicklow Way Leg 6 today. The noteable changes are as stated previously:

- Start is the same as normal (no long road start like last year)
- Detour back onto the road after the steep forest climb still in place and clearly marked
- New boardwalks put in place on the steep forest climb meaning there's no muddy-rocky section there anymore to climb up
Rene BorgApr 23 2017, 4:23pmMeant to include link: https://www.strava.com/activities/954743283?segment_created=true

so roughly 1200 metres shorter than the full 'normal' route. Let's hope it's back next year!
Jason KehoeApr 23 2017, 7:44pmThanks Lillian! Drop me an email so I have your address and phone number. Also add yourself to the volunteer list.

Thanks,
Jason
John RoweApr 27 2017, 1:37pmHi Rene. What is the process for registering a runner who is not currently a member of IMRA and is running the WWR. You mentioned in an earlier post that the process had to be finalised. Regards, John
Rene BorgApr 27 2017, 2:27pmStill waiting for final decision John. I have suggested to setup a 0 value product called '1 day membership' in the IMRA products page and have each of these runners register for myIMRA to purchase it. will let you know if this is accepted and all captains will be informed through the mail updates on this.
Rene BorgApr 27 2017, 2:40pmSpecial offer on Wicklow Way maps at the moment:

https://www.trailheadireland.com/Walking_Trails/Wicklow_Way/Various-Wicklow_Way_Book_Offer
Jason KehoeMay 1 2017, 6:53pm***************************
VOLUNTEER UPDATE

Tick Tock! 12 days to go and 6 Volunteers urgently required before this event can go ahead. This is a fundraising race so it would be a crying shame to have to take all that money back off the junior international teams and make all those recces go to waste! :(

Handover Marshall's: Record team numbers and times as they arrive.

Volunteers needed:
Leg 6) Drumgoff/ Est. Arrival: 10:55 - MASS START - 13:15 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL] & [2 X TRAFFIC MARSHALL]
Leg 7) Ironbridge/ Est. Arrival: 11:45 - [HM: Mick Hanney] & [TRAFFIC MARSHALL]
Leg 8) Crossbridge/ Est. Arrival: 13:00 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL] & [TRAFFIC MARSHALL]

You can volunteer online or drop me an email at jason@championseverywhere.com

Thanks,
Jason
Jason KehoeMay 1 2017, 11:34pmJane Porter has stepped up to do Drumgoff. So 1 more Handover Marshal (leg 8 Crossbridge) and 4 Traffic Marshalls still required (L6,L7,L8).
Shane O'MalleyMay 3 2017, 10:52amHi, Quick question.

Is it possible to edit the details for our team without re entering all the details. I just want to add a IMRA number to one of the members.

Thanks

Shane
Shane O'MalleyMay 3 2017, 10:52amHi, Quick question.

Is it possible to edit the details for our team without re entering all the details. I just want to add a IMRA number to one of the members.

Thanks

Shane
Rene BorgMay 3 2017, 11:09am@ Shane: responded to you by email

Everyone else: any runners you have who are not IMRA members will fill in an online form to confirm terms and conditions for a 1 day membership. I will send all captains a link over the weekend.

also for those who have not paid yet - we are getting the product reactivated. watch for updates.
Rene BorgMay 5 2017, 4:50pmTeam captains - 8 days to go. For those who missed the payment, the product is now back online.
Rene BorgMay 5 2017, 4:55pmPlease note teams 14 (Dunshaughlin Demons) and team 33 (Murchu's Men) won't be competing and so are off the roster. This leaves 33 teams competing.
Brian O MurchuMay 5 2017, 5:06pmYeah, I got my legal team after #33 for unendorsed use of my name
Jason KehoeMay 5 2017, 9:16pm***************************
VOLUNTEER UPDATE
Still need a Marshall for leg 8 as well as traffic marshals on 6/7/8.

We have restrictions at Drumgoff so if we don't have traffic marshalls here (where everyone is milling about for ages anyway) we can't go ahead.

There is no reason why involved teams cannot supply traffic marshals at the very least. I feel a new rule coming into effect for next year that if your team don't supply a volunteer on the day you are deemed non-competitive!

Please guys make our jobs easier and also get your volunteering stint done for the year.

6) Drumgoff/ Est. Arrival: 10:55 - MASS START - 13:15 - [Jane Porter] & [2 X TRAFFIC MARSHALL]

Jason
Rene BorgMay 6 2017, 2:17pmAnyone who is racing in this event but not an IMRA member, please fill out the below form to acquire your 1-day temporary membership for the race:

https://goo.gl/forms/Gs0NdIaCvhvoMRPK2
Jason KehoeMay 6 2017, 5:15pm*********************************
Last handover marshall position filled by Renata, even though she will be running earlier in the day! Be sure to add your name to the volunteer list.

4 Traffic marshals still required.

6) Drumgoff/ Est. Arrival: 10:55 - MASS START - 13:15 - [Jane Porter] & [2 X TRAFFIC MARSHALL]
8) Crossbridge/ Est. Arrival: 13:00 - [HM: Renata Rogic] & [TRAFFIC MARSHALL]

David PowerMay 6 2017, 10:15pmI can do traffic Marshall on leg 8. I'm running leg 6 so should be there ahead of first runners.
Question on leg 6: Do we turn off onto diversion at marked point with sign, or is it 300m before at top of boardwalk? The earlier instructions say at the boardwalk, but the trail continues uphill to the next fire road and that's where the diversion is marked. Just want to be sure.
Mark PearceMay 8 2017, 10:55amIs there a source where I can download the GPX files for each of the legs?
Gordon PlaceMay 8 2017, 11:43amCan you download from the Strava links above? Note not all current routes
Mark PearceMay 8 2017, 11:48amNo as you need to be a premium member
Shane O'MalleyMay 8 2017, 11:53amGive me a little while and I will download them and send you a sharing link.
I have some of them done already.
Gordon PlaceMay 8 2017, 12:04pmHere's a link to the strava ones above. Use at own risk and note leg 4 not current. I had them already downloaded Shane so just had to send to Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzx9Rrz3E2Evam1vMTlvbHpXV3c
Shane O'MalleyMay 8 2017, 12:08pmLink to all the gpx files at https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiU2qZKMAwnp5hhBM_LbB9GtIdut

Most of them are the ones shared by Rene (including the amended Leg 6) Leg 1 is from another source as Rene's GPX could not be downloaded for some reason.

Appreciate if you can check the GPX for accuracy before relying on it too much. You can upload it to http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/ and it will show you the map or to your garmin or strava account.

Shane
Gordon PlaceMay 8 2017, 12:35pmThere seems a slight difference in the end of leg 4/start leg 5 at Glendalough in the ones I downloaded for some reason so I'd say ignore them all and go with Shane's link. I can't delete the post but have deleted the files
Jason KehoeMay 8 2017, 1:46pm*****************
Volunteer Update
Thanks David Power and Desie Shorten for stepping forward.

One Traffic marshal still required at Leg 4.

4) Oldbridge/ Est. Arrival: 09:20 - [HM: Gordon Place] & [TRAFFIC MARSHALL: ]

It's a busy junction where we especially need to keep the locals happy and not block gates or park on grassy verges. Park down towards Lough Dan road (3-5min walk). All teams are required to keep entire junction clear, 50m all approaches, absolutely no exceptions (besides volunteers).

Jason KehoeMay 9 2017, 9:38amThanks to Vivian O'Gorman for stepping up (again!) at Leg4. Please follow his strict traffic instructions at this handover point.

Jason
Mark PearceMay 9 2017, 10:55amThanks Shane and Gordon ! Very much appreciated.
Rene BorgMay 10 2017, 12:19pmCurrent team details - the obsession about other teams can begin. WE are missing details for 1, 6, 9, 25 and 31

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9lu3mt8lwpr60m/IMRA%20WWR%202017%20Teams.xlsx?dl=0
Brian O MurchuMay 10 2017, 1:34pmNow to send trash talking messages to other leg 7 runners....oops, did I say that?
Paul MahonMay 10 2017, 5:21pmI'm available if anyone looking for a M40 sort to do leg 1 (~63') or leg 2 (~73') on Sat.
Drop mail to info at outfront dot ie if in need.
Could do leg 6 or 7 if stuck either
Kate O'MahonyMay 11 2017, 11:14amHi,

Is there a mandatory kit requirement to be carried on Saturday?

Thanks, Kate
Rodger QuinnMay 11 2017, 8:16pmI was trying to email you Rene but it bounced back, we have an amendment to our Le Cheile team. Daniel Farrell unfortunately can't run leg 5 so our replacement for leg 5 is Orlaith Nason dob 07/03/72.
Regards
Rodger
Rene BorgMay 11 2017, 8:43pmWhat email did you use Rodger? I am receiving emails fine and what team are you referring to - I don't have you down as team captain for any team.
Rene BorgMay 12 2017, 9:43amhi Rodger, sorry I see you are Le Cheile. I have no details entered for your team. Please enter your full team here by 5 pm today:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j51fPDKOiikrPtSALaB3HQMwR_xHaNTQypn7wGjMYRE/edit#
Rene BorgMay 12 2017, 12:24pmPlease note there was an error made in the team numbers circulated - please have a look at the revised numbers below and check that yours has or has not changed. If it has changed inform your team.

1 TT Racers Terry McConnon
2 Rathfarnham AC David Power
3 UCDO Mike Long
4 Crusaders John mcauley
5 Hurt Squad Brian Byrne
6 SIGue SIGue Sputniks Rob McDonald
7 Mountain Swifts Vivian O'Gorman
8 Glendalough/Parnell Fusion Marcus Murphy
9 Tinahely Tri Club
10 Athenry AC Dave Noone
11 The Hateful 8 Brian Mcguckin
12 The Wicklow Pulsers Paddy Holohan
13 Mullaghmeen Warriors Gerard Heery
15 Studs, Sweat and Stunners Derek cullen
16 Cork Orientierungsläufer Rob McEvoy
17 All My Running Friends Are Actually Deer Lorna Roe
18 Not much faster, but certainly furiouser! Jeff Swords/Keith Mulvey
19 The Lucky 8 Gareth Little
20 Liffey Trailrunners Jarlath Hynes
21 Brothers Pearse A.C. Eoin Kennedy
22 West Waterford AC Irene Clark
23 The Gap Trail Runners Vanessa Mc shane
24 Bravehearts John Rowe
25 Le Cheile Rodger Quinn
26 Grassroots Fitness Alison Underwood
27 Fast Fingers Shane O' Malley
28 Wicklow Waysters John Quinn
29 Tipping Off there Barry cormack
30 Out and About Karen johns
31 Western Warriors Cuan Mc Carrick
32 The Kilcoolers Andrew Hanney
34 Rush Running Andreas Kusch
35 Ticknock Trailers Caoimhin MacMaolain
36 Agony of Defeet Kate Murray

details updated in the full team details file.
Rene BorgMay 12 2017, 12:34pmGolly, posted with another mistake - note team 29 is Out and About and Tipping Off there is 30.

Team number Team name Team captain
1 TT Racers Terry McConnon
2 Rathfarnham AC David Power
3 UCDO Mike Long
4 Crusaders John mcauley
5 Hurt Squad Brian Byrne
6 SIGue SIGue Sputniks Rob McDonald
7 Mountain Swifts Vivian O'Gorman
8 Glendalough/Parnell Fusion Marcus Murphy
9 Tinahely tri club Ray Caulfield
10 Athenry AC Dave Noone
11 The Hateful 8 Brian Mcguckin
12 The Wicklow Pulsers Paddy Holohan
13 Mullaghmeen Warriors Gerard Heery
15 Studs, Sweat and Stunners Derek cullen
16 Cork Orientierungsläufer Rob McEvoy
17 All My Running Friends Are Actually Deer Lorna Roe
18 Not much faster, but certainly furiouser! Jeff Swords/Keith Mulvey
19 The Lucky 8 Gareth Little
20 Liffey Trailrunners Jarlath Hynes
21 Brothers Pearse A.C. Eoin Kennedy
22 West Waterford AC Irene Clark
23 The Gap Trail Runners Vanessa Mc shane
24 Bravehearts John Rowe
25 Le Cheile
26 Grassroots Fitness Alison Underwood
27 Fast Fingers Shane O' Malley
28 Wicklow Waysters John Quinn
29 Out and About Karen johns
30 Tipping Off there Barry cormack
31 Western Warriors Cuan Mc Carrick
32 The Kilcoolers Andrew Hanney
34 Rush Running Andreas Kusch
35 Ticknock Trailers Caoimhin MacMaolain
36 Agony of Defeet Kate Murray
Gordon PlaceMay 12 2017, 12:57pmHi Rene,
Is the dropbox excel file the final version of team numbers & names, was just going to print off just to have with me at leg 4 handover.
Thanks
Rene BorgMay 12 2017, 1:11pmHI Gordon, the file will only be locked at 5 pm today.
Rene BorgMay 12 2017, 1:14pmA bit of a preview to help fan the excitement :)

http://www.mountain-runner.com/2017/05/preview-wicklow-way-relay-2017.html
Jason KehoeMay 12 2017, 1:45pm*****************
Final Volunteer Instructions
Thanks for giving up your time to run this great event!

Handover Marshalls:
* Record team numbers and accurate 'Time Of Day' arrival times for leg records
* Send photo of final list to WhatsApp group.
* Ask outgoing/incoming runners to produce IMRA mandatory rain jacket if not already visible.

Traffic Marshalls:
* Ensure no obstructive parking, especially at legs 4/6/7/8
* Ask waiting pedestrian teams to keep off the middle of junctions
* Advise me on the day of any non compliance of car registrations / individuals, no exceptions. This will result in their team being DQ'd or deemed non-competitive.

Assignments:
1) Kilmashogue/ Start: 07:00 - Starter: Jason Kehoe
2) Curtlestown/ Est. Arrival: 07:55 - [HM: Orla McEvoy] & [TM: Peter O'Farrell]
3) Lough Tay/ Est. Arrival: 08:55 - [HM: James Cahill] & [TM: Angela flynn]
4) Oldbridge/ Est. Arrival: 09:20 - [HM: Gordon Place] & [TM: Vivian O'Gorman; Adrian Hennessy]
5) Glendalough/ Est. Arrival: 10:00 - [HM: Emma Sokell]
6) Drumgoff/ Est. Arrival: 10:55 - MASS START - 13:15 - [Jane Porter] & [TM: Anna (Snjezana Frketic); Paul Mahon]
7) Ironbridge/ Est. Arrival: 11:45 - [HM: Mick Hanney] & [Desie Shorten]
8) Crossbridge/ Est. Arrival: 13:00 - [Renata Rogic] & [David Power]
9) Shillelagh/ Est. Arrival: 13:35 - [Finish Line: Lillian Deegan]

Jason KehoeMay 12 2017, 3:23pm*****************************
Teams Parking Instructions for WWR
In the typical IMRA fashion please attempt to carpool as much as possible. It keeps our footprint on the route down as well as makes a cracking day out with your team.

If ever the race is at future risk it will be because of one or two sloppy parking runners. This is a genuine threat to the race. Captains please ensure all runners and especially newcomers are forewarned as your team is at risk of disqualification or time penalties if found to bring the race into disrepute.

1) Kilmashogue - No restrictions
* Park as close together as possible

2) Curtlestown - No restrictions
* Keep outgoing runners exit clear to the road
* Follow marshals instructions

3) Lough Tay - No restrictions

4) Oldbridge - HIGH PRIORITY RESTRICTIONS!
* Follow marshals instructions to park down Lough Dan road.
* Keep handover point clear of all cars 50m (entire visible junction)
* Do not park on grass verges
* Do not block house entrances or farm gates
* Allow spacing between parked cars

5) Glendalough - No restrictions
* Pay parking may be in operation
* Do not park on yellow lines or footpaths

6) Drumgoff - HIGH PRIORITY RESTRICTIONS!
*Park at back right of Glenmalure Lodge car park and work out from there.
*Do not park at front of pub or on road
*Waiting teams are to KEEP CROSSROADS CLEAR for traffic
* Move onto next handover point as ASAP
*Follow marshals instructions

7) Ironbridge - HIGH PRIORITY RESTRICTIONS!
* Fill car park firstly and then probably best to park across other side of the bridge
* Keep incoming runners route entirely free
* Space should be left for large vehicles to pass - No vans!
* Do not block gates

8) Crossbridge - HIGH PRIORITY RESTRICTIONS!
Parking is at the far side of the hill (300m) and there are no cars allowed up to the changeover point (besides WWR volunteers).
Do not park on bridge at river when supporting incoming runners

9) Shillelagh - No restrictions
* Park in Kennys Lounge car park

Patricia McLoughlinMay 12 2017, 3:40pmTransfer back to Leg 1 start?
---- Need lift back to start of Leg 1. Will finish around 8:10am. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Rene BorgMay 12 2017, 4:53pmLast team details now added as well as final amendments. Captains have 8 more minutes but this will probably be the final file. Volunteers - feel free to print it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9lu3mt8lwpr60m/IMRA%20WWR%202017%20Teams.xlsx?dl=0
Angus TynerMay 12 2017, 6:30pmPatricia, did you get sorted for lift. Amidou also looking for lift back
S.M. GriffithMay 12 2017, 9:21pmI can fit another 1 or maybe even 2 (if very skinny) runners in my car back to Kimashogue. Am dropping Keith back so have a look out for me.
Angus TynerMay 12 2017, 9:36pmThat'd be great Sorcha, I'll ask Amidou to avoid the chipper tonight, and I'm sure Patricia will fit as well :)
Patricia McLoughlinMay 12 2017, 9:58pmSorcha, that would be great if I can jump in. I am with team 25 and expect to be in approx 815am. Thank you :)
Dermot MurphyMay 13 2017, 7:04pmMany thanks to Rene and Jason and all the volunteers for another great Relay race today! Well done to the TT Racers!
Richard NunanMay 13 2017, 8:46pmSavage effort from Rene, Jason and all the Volunteers on the Relay today !!

Super event, well done to TT Racers!
Michelle RowleyMay 13 2017, 9:00pmMany thanks to all for such a great event today.
Rene BorgMay 13 2017, 10:23pmWWR SHORT STORY
Results will be sorted and crunched over the next 24-48 hours and released as we have reasonably 'clean sets'.
In the meantime a few confirmed facts from today's events:

PODIUM SPOTS
1. TT Racers 7:17:00
2. Crusaders AC 7:40:00
3. Rathfarnham WSAF 7:49:02

All 34 teams completed the event and the usual challenge played a part both in the podium battle and battles further down the pack: runners getting lost!

TT Racers led from start to finish with Crusaders 2nd. This is how it stayed as 3rd placed Rathfarnham took a substantial detour on leg 2 and dropped to 10th by Lough Tay. From here they eventually clawed their way back to the podium. there was also close battles for 4th to 6th place midway through but eventually substantial gaps settled between these teams. Top-10 was hotly contested with Cork Orienteers only securing it by a minute ahead of St Brigid's Mullaghmeen Warriors.

Much more to come ...
Pól Ó MurchúMay 13 2017, 10:59pmWell done to Jason and Rene on a fantastically well organised event today. Events like these take take weeks even months of organizing and the lads do an amazing job each year with a great group of marshalls helping out along the way.

Great going by all the teams today in weather and conditions which were far from ideal at times. Another great win from TT Racers this year. Thanks also to Wiep for covering the race for runners world. Look forward to reading all about it.

What a great day out this race is. The atmosphere and comraderie between all the teams at the changeovers and right to the end really makes this the race that it is. Great day in the hills!
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 12:04amLEG 1 PROVISIONAL RESULTS

Any amends/errors detected, post here.

Leg 1 Position Time
Niall Lynch 1 0:57:49
Michael Kiely 2 0:59:25
Peter O'Farrell 3 0:59:58
Greg Byrne 4 1:01:56
Eoin Condron 5 1:02:23
Mikey Fry 6 1:02:25
Shane Walsh 7 1:02:33
Graham K. Bushe 8 1:03:07
Shane McAuley 9 1:03:29
Amidou Dembele 10 1:04:47
Brian Leonard 11 1:06:14
Paul Mahon 12 1:06:34
Mick Roche 13 1:07:00
Brian Corbett 14 1:11:15
Mick Patterson 15 1:11:53
Pat Fitzgerald 16 1:12:21
Ray Caulfield 17 1:13:26
Ian O'Donnell 18 1:13:35
David Cunningham 19 1:14:03
Padraig somers 20 1:14:38
Tricia McLoughlin 21 1:14:53
Shay Foody 22 1:14:57
Brendan Galvin 23 1:16:34
John McCann 24 1:18:24
David J Hynes 25 1:19:09
Cuan Mc Carrick 26 1:20:32
Sean Fitzgerald 27 1:21:26
Keith Mulvey 28 1:21:30
Barry Cormack 29 1:23:29
Kate Murray 30 1:26:34
Declan Swords 31 1:28:48
Mary Rogers 32 1:34:23
Lorna Roe 33 1:40:59
Nadya Dunne 34 1:42:54
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 12:14amLEG 2 PROVISIONAL RESULTS

Leg 2 Position Split2
Des Kennedy 1 01:08:53
Warren Swords 2 01:14:19
Sean Fox 3 01:11:35
Brian Caulfield 4 01:13:30
Ray Kenny 5 01:13:49
Caoimhin MacMaolain 6 01:16:37
Rory Campbell 7 01:17:22
Brian Mcguckin 8 01:18:37
Pat Mc Cavana 9 01:23:39
Paul Fleming 10 01:27:48
Brian Gurrin 11 01:14:17
Pat Sneyd 12 01:21:39
Brian Flannelly 13 01:20:03
Ivan Mahon 14 01:25:49
Dermot maguire 15 01:22:10
Micheal Dunford 16 01:23:48
Brendan Buck 17 01:24:35
Aidan Blake 18 01:21:36
Fechin Heery 19 01:24:08
Tony Proudfoot 20 01:39:57
Jim Leahy 21 01:28:38
Paul Morrissey 22 01:29:43
Richard Nunan 23 01:29:53
Liam cannon 24 01:34:17
Brian O' Callaghan 25 01:38:39
Thomas Galvin 26 01:39:24
Andy stafford 27 01:50:38
Snjezanna Frketic 28 01:53:53
Emma Cathart 29 01:59:21
Darryl Thomas 30 01:51:45
Robert Farrell 31 02:00:18
Eoin Dunne 32 01:50:56
Gavin fleet 33 02:11:28
Sarah Shiel 34 02:14:27
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 12:17amLEG 2 PROVISIONAL RESULTS (IN CORRECT ORDER - INDIVIDUAL PLACINGS)

Leg 2 Position Time
Des Kennedy 1 01:08:53
Sean Fox 2 01:11:35
Brian Caulfield 3 01:13:30
Ray Kenny 4 01:13:49
Brian Gurrin 5 01:14:17
Warren Swords 6 01:14:19
Caoimhin MacMaolain 7 01:16:37
Rory Campbell 8 01:17:22
Brian Mcguckin 9 01:18:37
Brian Flannelly 10 01:20:03
Aidan Blake 11 01:21:36
Pat Sneyd 12 01:21:39
Dermot maguire 13 01:22:10
Pat Mc Cavana 14 01:23:39
Micheal Dunford 15 01:23:48
Fechin Heery 16 01:24:08
Brendan Buck 17 01:24:35
Ivan Mahon 18 01:25:49
Paul Fleming 19 01:27:48
Jim Leahy 20 01:28:38
Paul Morrissey 21 01:29:43
Richard Nunan 22 01:29:53
Liam cannon 23 01:34:17
Brian O' Callaghan 24 01:38:39
Thomas Galvin 25 01:39:24
Tony Proudfoot 26 01:39:57
Andy stafford 27 01:50:38
Eoin Dunne 28 01:50:56
Darryl Thomas 29 01:51:45
Snjezanna Frketic 30 01:53:53
Emma Cathart 31 01:59:21
Robert Farrell 32 02:00:18
Gavin fleet 33 02:11:28
Sarah Shiel 34 02:14:27
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 8:44amPROVISIONAL RESULTS LEG 3 (INDIVIDUAL PLACINGS)

Leg Time Position
Niamh Devlin 00:34:39 1
Sonya McConnon 00:34:40 2
Patrick stratford 00:36:15 3
Catherine Devitt 00:36:23 4
Jane Wallace 00:37:00 5
Arne Klohn 00:37:13 6
Clare keeley 00:37:40 7
Elizabeth Wheeler 00:37:42 8
Amy Wright 00:37:57 9
Vanessa Sallier 00:37:57 9
Lucy O'Malley 00:38:31 11
Emily O Conner 00:39:15 12
Laura Flannelly 00:39:18 13
Stephanie Devineau 00:40:55 14
Bronagh Cheetham 00:41:12 15
Eamonn Hodge 00:41:28 16
Louise Long 00:41:33 17
Sandra Pegman 00:43:20 18
Amy Connery 00:45:03 19
Donna Baker 00:46:20 20
Mark Melia 00:46:25 21
Kate O' Mahony 00:46:36 22
Rea Walshe 00:48:08 23
Louise Fitzpatrick 00:50:21 24
Irene Clark 00:50:32 25
Rachel O'Callaghan 00:50:53 26
Grace Egan 00:51:23 27
Ursula Redmond 00:51:26 28
Frances Leahy 00:51:26 28
Olga Brennan 00:52:36 30
Mairin Shine 00:54:02 31
Billy quinlan 00:54:10 32
Magda Supernat 00:54:40 33
Eithne Bowe 00:55:26 34
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 9:14amPROVISIONAL RESULTS LEG 4

Leg 4 Time Position
Rory O'Connor 00:40:04 1
Ronan Kearns 00:41:16 2
Gareth Little 00:46:01 3
Tim Murray 00:47:06 4
Robbie Costello 00:47:12 5
Rene Borg 00:47:26 6
Catherine Thornton 00:47:51 7
David Butler 00:48:03 8
Rodger Quinn 00:48:25 9
Becky Quinn 00:48:36 10
Karl O'Brien 00:48:54 11
Niamh O'Boyle 00:50:17 12
James Cottle 00:50:33 13
Yvonne Brennan 00:50:41 14
Roland griffin 00:51:44 15
Ross Mac Mathuna 00:51:56 16
Niamh Hartnett 00:52:21 17
Ann Lynch 00:54:50 18
Susan Lawless 00:56:26 19
Ciaran Briody 00:56:36 20
Vanessa Mc shane 00:56:49 21
Gearoid Murphy 00:56:56 22
Renata Rogic 00:57:06 23
Aoife Callan 00:58:09 24
Niamh O'Ceallaigh 00:58:31 25
Alison Underwood 00:59:28 26
Ann Dunford 00:59:39 27
Michelle Rowley 01:01:03 28
Miriam Maher 01:01:18 29
Anne Hodge 01:02:02 30
John Rowe 01:10:37 31
Declan o Connor 01:13:31 32
Lorna Corr 01:17:01 33
Mairead Cashman 01:22:06 34
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 9:29amLEG 5 PROVISIONAL RESULTS (INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS)

Leg 5 time Position
Tom Lupton 00:54:49 1
Jason Reid 00:56:42 2
John Mulvihill 00:58:28 3
Angus Tyner 01:00:58 4
Damien Mc Parland 01:01:08 5
Alasdair Brown 01:01:39 6
Andy Nason 01:01:48 7
Sean Harte 01:03:10 8
Laurence Quinn 01:03:46 9
Cedric Martin 01:04:18 10
Peter Bell 01:05:00 11
Alan byrne 01:05:51 12
Kieran Walsh 01:06:39 13
Yev Chizhikov 01:07:52 14
Keith o shea 01:09:18 15
Aisling Kirwan 01:11:46 16
Mattie O'Donnell 01:12:22 17
Pat Quill 01:12:43 18
Paddy Holohan 01:12:52 19
Andrew Hanney 01:14:52 20
Declan egan 01:16:09 21
Orlaith Nason 01:16:39 22
Tadhg Ryan 01:16:48 23
Lisa Shine 01:20:13 24
Fergal Buckley 01:21:15 25
Ann Tobin 01:22:00 26
Matt Bush 01:23:02 27
Stephen Bailie 01:23:39 28
Brian O' Callaghan 01:24:26 29
Derek Livingstone 01:25:58 30
Frances Lordan 01:26:43 31
Jean Burlington 01:27:09 32
Edel Wynne 01:33:26 33
Ciaran Belton 01:45:37 34
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 9:41amLEG 6 PROVISIONAL RESULTS (INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS)

Leg 6 Ind Pos 6 Split6
Louis McCarthy 1 00:49:00
Tom Moore 2 00:52:33
Ben Mooney 3 00:53:26
John McAuley 4 00:53:54
Stephen perry 5 00:54:15
Thomas O'Reilly 6 00:54:58
Aonghus O'Cleirigh 7 00:55:09
Dermot Murphy 8 00:56:26
Brian Byrne 9 00:57:48
Rob McEvoy 10 00:59:04
Ronan McCarthy 11 00:59:05
Donal linehan 12 01:00:23
Alan Hughes 13 01:00:35
Clive Quinn 14 01:00:42
Liam Vines 15 01:02:01
Eoin Kennedy 16 01:02:08
Andreas Kusch 17 01:04:30
Eamon Mc walter 18 01:06:09
Jim Ryan 19 01:06:37
Sorcha Griffith 20 01:08:24
Patricia Murphy 21 01:08:59
Tom Leahy 22 01:09:24
Colm kenna 23 01:09:28
Emma parkinson 24 01:10:45
Enda Clarke 25 01:11:55
Derek ryan 26 01:14:05
Clare Dillon 27 01:14:50
Claudine Hughes 28 01:15:15
Dovydas Martusevicius 29 01:17:50
Michelle Rowley 30 01:22:30
Berenice Flattery 31 01:24:48
Amalia Naughton 32 01:25:25
Nicola Roche 33 01:27:45
Kevin o Riordan 34 01:39:41
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 10:06amLEG 7 PROVISIONAL INDIVIDUAL RESULTS

Leg 7 Split7 Ind Pos 7
Brendan Murphy 01:23:35 1
Ciaran Diviney 01:27:39 2
David Power 01:30:33 3
Gerard Heery 01:30:45 4
Darren mooney 01:33:49 5
Brian O'Murchu 01:34:17 6
John Bell 01:35:18 7
Ronan King 01:35:24 8
Rob McDonald 01:38:32 9
Ted OLeary 01:38:51 10
Stephen Gregg 01:39:01 11 (note place is correct but not time - we're investigating the precise finish time)
Luke O'Callaghan 01:39:44 12
Paul Mahon 01:40:44 13
Mick Maughan 01:40:58 14
Mark Pearce 01:42:42 15
Peter Gray 01:43:13 16
Mark Byrne 01:44:35 17
Barry O'Neill 01:45:05 18
Andrea Talpo 01:45:58 19
Anthony Breen 01:46:36 20
Cormac O'Ceallaigh 01:48:09 21
Shane O' Malley 01:51:21 22
Darragh phelan 01:52:32 23
Jarlath Hynes 01:53:09 24
Maureen Lowther 01:54:27 25
Dave Noone 01:58:41 26
Killian Brennan 01:58:50 27
Michael O'Sullivan 02:01:12 28
Peter Doyle 02:01:20 29
James Cahill 02:03:46 30
Cuan Mc Carrick 02:08:42 31
Kris Ryan 02:11:24 32
Cedrick mouzat 02:12:41 33
Michelle Furlong 02:38:36 34
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 10:09amLeg 8 Split8 Ind Pos 8
Laura Shaughnessy 00:36:57 1
Linda Byrne 00:39:45 2
Valter Valente 00:40:21 3
Eddie Nugent 00:40:29 4
Marc Augustin 00:41:24 5 (Note time and place likely incorrect here - team 25 leg 7 result is estimated until we can get the precise number)
Ray Hahesy 00:42:03 6
Alan Ayling 00:42:38 7
Jean Wilson 00:43:56 8
James Clancy 00:43:58 9
Laura O'Driscol 00:44:02 10
Niamh Aspel 00:44:34 11
Rachel Wisdom 00:44:40 12
Geraldine Gill 00:44:56 13
Donna Quinn 00:45:34 14
Una O'Brien 00:45:44 15
Sinead Tighe 00:46:02 16
John Scannell 00:46:12 17
Mike Long 00:46:20 18
Andreas Kusch 00:47:07 19
Pamela murphy 00:47:55 20
Kennith O Hara 00:48:27 21
Sam Buck 00:48:31 22
Lindsey Heppenstall 00:48:47 23
Lily Power 00:49:26 24
Christine hannelly 00:49:34 25
Colin Mc shane 00:49:37 26
Kate O' Mahony 00:51:49 27
Maria Messit 00:51:50 28
Brian Cully 00:52:22 29
Anna Heffernan 00:53:38 30
Jeremias Mayor Olivan 00:53:44 31
Brid McCarthy 00:56:57 32
Mairead Cashman 00:59:13 33
Orla cooper 01:41:44 34
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 10:13amLEG 7 AND LEG 8 CORRECTED PROVISIONAL TIMES

Times for team 25 now fixed.

Leg 7 Split7 Ind Pos 7
Brendan Murphy 01:23:35 1
Ciaran Diviney 01:27:39 2
David Power 01:30:33 3
Gerard Heery 01:30:45 4
Darren mooney 01:33:49 5
Brian O'Murchu 01:34:17 6
John Bell 01:35:18 7
Ronan King 01:35:24 8
Rob McDonald 01:38:32 9
Ted OLeary 01:38:51 10
Luke O'Callaghan 01:39:44 11
Stephen Gregg 01:40:09 12
Paul Mahon 01:40:44 13
Mick Maughan 01:40:58 14
Mark Pearce 01:42:42 15
Peter Gray 01:43:13 16
Mark Byrne 01:44:35 17
Barry O'Neill 01:45:05 18
Andrea Talpo 01:45:58 19
Anthony Breen 01:46:36 20
Cormac O'Ceallaigh 01:48:09 21
Shane O' Malley 01:51:21 22
Darragh phelan 01:52:32 23
Jarlath Hynes 01:53:09 24
Maureen Lowther 01:54:27 25
Dave Noone 01:58:41 26
Killian Brennan 01:58:50 27
Michael O'Sullivan 02:01:12 28
Peter Doyle 02:01:20 29
James Cahill 02:03:46 30
Cuan Mc Carrick 02:08:42 31
Kris Ryan 02:11:24 32
Cedrick mouzat 02:12:41 33
Michelle Furlong 02:38:36 34

LEG 8

Leg 8 Split8 Ind Pos 8
Marc Augustin 00:40:16 3
Valter Valente 00:40:21 4
Eddie Nugent 00:40:29 5
Maria Messit 00:51:50 28
Brian Cully 00:52:22 29
Anna Heffernan 00:53:38 30
Jeremias Mayor Olivan 00:53:44 31
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 10:17amTEAM RESULTS - OVERALL (PROVISIONAL)

Team name time Position
TT Racers 7:17:32 1
Crusaders 7:40:06 2
Rathfarnham AC 7:49:02 3
Hurt Squad 7:49:42 4
The Lucky 8 7:54:31 5
Glendalough/Parnell Fusion 8:05:45 6
Mountain Swifts 8:09:43 7
Ticknock Trailers 8:14:21 8
Tinahely tri club 8:26:54 9
Cork Orientierungsläufer 8:31:11 10
Mullaghmeen Warriors 8:32:21 11
The Hateful 8 8:36:52 12
UCDO 8:40:56 13
Le Cheile 8:52:34 14
Studs, Sweat and Stunners 8:53:45 15
Brothers Pearse A.C. 8:59:12 16
The Kilcoolers 9:01:00 17
West Waterford AC 9:04:34 18
The Wicklow Pulsers 9:14:54 19
SIGue SIGue Sputniks 9:15:23 20
Athenry AC 9:27:43 21
The Gap Trail Runners 9:53:23 22
Fast Fingers 10:04:45 23
Not much faster, but certainly furiouser! 10:06:34 24
Liffey Trailrunners 10:08:23 25
Out and About 10:12:54 26
Western Warriors 10:34:21 27
Grassroots Fitness 10:38:47 28
Bravehearts 10:45:46 29
Wicklow Waysters 10:52:40 30
Rush Running 11:12:43 31
Agony of Defeet 11:28:12 32
Tipping Off there 11:47:12 33
All My Running Friends Are Actually Deer 12:12:20 34
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 11:18amLEG 8 PROVISIONAL TIMES -

Correction to team 32 runners time - Maria Messitt

Leg 8 Split8 Ind Pos 8
Marc Augustin 00:40:16 3
Valter Valente 00:40:21 4
Eddie Nugent 00:40:29 5
Brian Cully 00:52:22 28
Anna Heffernan 00:53:38 29
Jeremias Mayor Olivan 00:53:44 30
Maria Messit 00:55:33 31
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 11:19amTEAM RESULTS

Correction to Kilcoole's result.

Team name TOTAL FinPos
TT Racers 7:17:32 1
Crusaders 7:40:06 2
Rathfarnham AC 7:49:02 3
Hurt Squad 7:49:42 4
The Lucky 8 7:54:31 5
Glendalough/Parnell Fusion 8:05:45 6
Mountain Swifts 8:09:43 7
Ticknock Trailers 8:14:21 8
Tinahely tri club 8:26:54 9
Cork Orientierungsläufer 8:31:11 10
Mullaghmeen Warriors 8:32:21 11
The Hateful 8 8:36:52 12
UCDO 8:40:56 13
Le Cheile 8:52:34 14
Studs, Sweat and Stunners 8:53:45 15
Brothers Pearse A.C. 8:59:12 16
West Waterford AC 9:04:34 17
The Kilcoolers 9:04:43 18
The Wicklow Pulsers 9:14:54 19
SIGue SIGue Sputniks 9:15:23 20
Athenry AC 9:27:43 21
The Gap Trail Runners 9:53:23 22
Fast Fingers 10:04:45 23
Not much faster, but certainly furiouser! 10:06:34 24
Liffey Trailrunners 10:08:23 25
Out and About 10:12:54 26
Western Warriors 10:34:21 27
Grassroots Fitness 10:38:47 28
Bravehearts 10:45:46 29
Wicklow Waysters 10:52:40 30
Rush Running 11:12:43 31
Agony of Defeet 11:28:12 32
Tipping Off there 11:47:12 33
All My Running Friends Are Actually Deer 12:12:20 34
Caoimhín MacMaoláinMay 14 2017, 12:34pmThanks very much Rene, Jason and all volunteers for another brilliantly organised WW relay yesterday. The amount and the standard of effort that goes into organizing the logistics of this event is very much appreciated by those who then have the pleasure of running in it.
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 12:48pmFirst link to detailed overall results:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mthj49byzwuldrm/WWR2017_FullResults.xlsx?dl=0

this file will probably see some amendments over the next few days.

Race director's report and the highlights of the year from an overall perspective tomorrow.
Rene BorgMay 14 2017, 12:59pmDetected a bigger reference error in the results - so the corrected leg 8 results are also slightly off. the corrected versions can now be accessed in the file instead.

I'll probably repost the individual legs tomorrow if I have time.
Kate MurrayMay 14 2017, 10:56pmThanks for much from the Agony of Defeet team for the great organisation and to all the fantastic volunteers. It was our Ist time doing the event and it was a really great experience.
Rene BorgMay 15 2017, 3:21pmOk, we've made a good few amendments based on feedback and added the individual results in the familiar IMRA format.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mthj49byzwuldrm/WWR2017_FullResults.xlsx?dl=0

The file can be viewed in Google Sheets but looks better in Excel. If someone wants to turn the individual legs into PDFs that'd be great.

One team running non-competitively was moved down from 28th to 34th as they have to.

There are a few reports of runners doing a slightly easier version of leg 6 but we have nothing substantiated. It may be time to discuss using the GPS trackers from the Wicklow Way Solo and having one per team for future years.
Lillian DeeganMay 15 2017, 3:48pmWell done Rene. That's a fair whack of background work you've put in since Saturday eve. Jeff Fitz will be smiling with the use of the word "solo" :) I'm with you on the tracker suggestion. Along with ensuring everyone is on track right through, it would aid the running and waiting team members not as familiar with the route. I refer in particular to the few who took to the main road for Shillelagh looking for Kenny's Lounge on the last leg opposed to the Dying Cow road for the finish line. An easy mistake in unfamiliar territory unfortunately.
Rene BorgMay 15 2017, 3:57pmAnother small amend, team 18 also listed as non-competitive and thus finish 33rd by default (best of the two NC teams) moving everyone above 24th position one notch up.

Red text against a number does not mean it is in doubt but that it was confirmed the runner took a longer route than the course (i.e. 'detour'!)
Rene BorgMay 15 2017, 4:55pmResults file for whole period 2002-2017 is now updated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2l72yhvdr22uk6k/WWR%202002-2017.xlsx?dl=0

A few interesting notes:

- Average finish time was down for every single leg since 2016 EXCEPT leg 8 possibly due to poorer weather and larger field
- We had the highest participation of female athletes in the history of the relay - 35% of all runners
- Two new course records were set this year:

- Laura O'Shaughnessey lowered the leg 8 female record to 36:57. She also became the first female runner to OUTRIGHT win leg 8
- Rory O'Connor's time of 40:04 for the current version of leg 4 beat took 58 seconds off Eoin McLoughlin's record from 2016 of 41:02. Ronan Kearns narrowly missed the mark by 4 seconds. The 'new' route features the 'zig-zag descent' through the wood rather than the straight descent. Paul Stephenson holds the record on that version in 38:29
(Kenneth Kelleher had been listed as record holder but insepction of this file showed he actually ran the old course - not the new in 2014)
Andrew HanneyMay 20 2017, 6:15pmRace report & photos up from Kilcoole AC
Gordon PlaceJun 7 2017, 12:18pmThere were a few volunteers that came in through the forum rather than the event details page so it hadn't gone on their record. I think Jason was trying to get them added but I just noticed mine wasn't updated, don't know about others. Any chance it could be updated in case I don't get another stint in before the end of the league... ;)