Irish Mountain
Running Association

Slí Gaeltacht Mhúscraí

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Pól Ó MurchúFeb 7 2017, 10:58pmTest.
Robert McEvoyFeb 7 2017, 11:17pmBy now all competitors should have received an e-mail with race day instructions and a route description. Please let us know urgently if you didn't receive the e-mail, as you will need to know about mandatory kit etc.
Mark KingFeb 8 2017, 7:49pmI dont know the course and wonder would Salomon Speecross suffice?
Robert McEvoyFeb 9 2017, 8:19pmHi Mark, I don't know the Salomon Speedcross but I had a quick look online and they seem to have decent grip. You will really need it for Stage 1 in particular. What I would say though is that about 35% of the remainder of the race is on country roads. You have the option of changing shoes at CP1 if you like. You will still need good grip for the remaining off-road trails - but they are not as slippery as the trails on Stage 1.
Robbie WilliamsFeb 10 2017, 4:38pmFollow the race live here from 8am Sat morning

http://live.primaltracking.com/sgmultra/
Mark KingFeb 12 2017, 4:37pmRob/Robbie & team,
Many thanks for a great event yesterday. It was well worth the journey. Your organisation & attention to detail was excellent. Also, thanks for the call when we got lost!!
Ray LonerganFeb 13 2017, 9:38pmThis is a superb ultra. Beautiful running across mountains, fields and boreens on a culturally rich and historic route. The entire race was organised to perfection. If I was to do only one trail ultra in 2018 this would be the one. Many thanks to Rob, Robbie and crew
John J BarryFeb 14 2017, 12:40pmRace report / rambling now up in the "View Event Details"