Slí Gaeltacht Mhúscraí
- Muskerry Gaeltacht Way
- Saturday 11 February, 2017
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Long Distance Championship
- Entry opens:
- 2017-01-04 00:00:01
- Entry closes:
- 2017-02-26 00:01:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- http://www.irishtrails.ie/Trail/Sli-Gaeltacht-Mhuscrai/640/ http://www.facebook.com/sligaeltachtmhuscraiultra/
- Organisers Instructions:
- Following in the footsteps on O'Sullivan Cam Beara, this route follows the march he took with 1000 followers who were being chased from West Cork after defeat at the Battle of Kinsale.
The route is a waymarked trail. We start at Carriganass Castle in Kealkill and finish at Millstreet. Be advised this route will challenge the toughest of IMRA ultra runners and hardy souls only need apply.
Meeting at Millstreet on Sat 11th Feb at 6am
After KIT CHECK, board bus leaving at 6:30am
Arrive Kealkill 7:30am
Race start 8am sharp.
There will be checkpoints (and drop bags)at:
Gougane Barra 16km Cut off: 11am
Ballingeary 29km Cut off: 1pm
Ballyvourney 48km Cut off: 4:30pm
Unmanned stations for water and food at:
Approx : 38km & 57km
Live tracking will be in place.
Mandatory Kit to include:
Waterproof jacket, Waterproof leggings, Charged phone,food, water 500ml, hat , gloves, foil blanket, map of route, (downloable here: http://www.irishtrails.ie/Trail/Sli-Gaeltacht-Mhuscrai/640/)
ALL KIT MUST BE DISPLAYED BEFORE BOARDING BUS
- A high-quality head-torch will also be part of the mandatory kit
- Full GPS route now available to download from: http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1548259256
- We have received 30 entries for this race so far. Entries will close tomorrow (Friday) at 4pm. Thanks to all who have entered so far.
- Entries closed on Friday. A total of 39 runners have signed up. Race instructions will be e-mailed out to all runners this evening.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Food & Showers available at finish.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize