Irish Mountain
Running Association

Clonmel Trail HM

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Barry O SullivanJan 23 2024, 12:04pmLooking forward to this one as it was fun last year. Any idea when entries will open? Thanks, Barry.
Deirdre O GormanJan 24 2024, 8:10amHi Barry, glad to see you're coming back to Clonmel- entries should open in the next week or so, just keep an eye on the event page but there will be plenty of spaces!
Eoin PhelanJan 28 2024, 1:45pmis there finisher t-shirts for this one?
Deirdre O GormanJan 29 2024, 8:29amNo, each entry will get a lovely race buff but no t-shirts!
Sarah WhelanJan 29 2024, 8:53pmRecce of Clonmel Trail Half Marathon. Monday 5th Feb St. Bridget’s Day. Meet 9am, Gashouse Bridge Carpark/Waterford Road Carpark.
Ian SynnottFeb 6 2024, 2:23pmLooking forward to this. Going to be my first race of the season by the looks of things. Taking it in along the way to the Maurice Mullins. Is there much boggy terrain up there this time of year? Might try get a recce in.
Deirdre O GormanFeb 6 2024, 7:05pmHi Ian; the very start of the open mountain section can be pretty wet and slippy but that’s only for a few hundred metres on a descent, after that it’s grand. There’s no proper bog or holes that’ll swallow you up :) but I’d still recommend a bit of grip to enjoy the (few) descents!
Michael McSweeneyFeb 6 2024, 8:34pmYou'll need to come further West for proper bog holes. :-)
Steve YoungFeb 6 2024, 8:54pmAfter running mullach meise on Sunday we’ll need wellies next weekend not runners. Bogs will swallow people alive
Deirdre O GormanFeb 6 2024, 9:37pmDunno Michael, the Comeraghs proper might put manners on you…:)
Ian SynnottFeb 6 2024, 11:32pmThank you Deirdre.

And yes, if you venture out into the boglands after descending Stookanmeen up the Comeraghs, you will quickly find out how Ortex felt when he sank in the swamp of eternal sorrow in The Never-ending Story.
Michael McSweeneyFeb 7 2024, 6:29pmBattle of the Bogs.
Patrick KissaneFeb 7 2024, 10:03pmToo soon, Ian. Too soon.
Stephen O KeeffeFeb 11 2024, 10:21amWill there be an early start option for this Deirdre?
Deirdre O GormanFeb 11 2024, 5:31pmYep Stephen, I’ll send the early starters off around 10:15am. We might not have the marshals in place for the early part of the course but will have it marked.
Stephen O KeeffeFeb 12 2024, 6:10pmThanks Deirdre, that's great.

I'm familiar enough with the route up to and around Carey's Castle so that's no problem with the Marshall's.
Aine HuttonFeb 15 2024, 10:01pmHi any chance of two more entries please
Deirdre O GormanFeb 16 2024, 8:42amHi Aine, sorry, no more entries as we have reached capacity. Nagles Half Marathon is open for registration and is a brilliant course!
Aine HuttonFeb 16 2024, 9:06pmOk thanks a mill
Helen CorbettFeb 18 2024, 1:54pmHi Guys,
Ive developed a hamstring strain and wont be able to participate in the Clonmel half :( Can I give my place to someone on the waiting list? Thank you so much in Advance, Helen
Deirdre O GormanFeb 19 2024, 1:34pmSorry to hear you won't make it Helen; sorry, no transfer of entries allowed. Hopefully you're back in action soon!
Patricia RyanFeb 20 2024, 8:37amHi Deirdre, do you think Hillview will put the rugby match on in the bar? It starts at 2.15pm I think.
Deirdre O GormanFeb 20 2024, 9:11amI can ask Seamus but if not, Eldons pub just down the road is a good spot!
Deirdre O GormanFeb 21 2024, 8:18amYou're in luck Tricia; there is no function booked so Seamus has agreed to put the match on in the lounge :) I would just ask that runners change out of muddy gear before heading into the lounge area!
Helen O CeallaighFeb 21 2024, 10:11amHi Deirdre.
Will the open mountains up around the bog area have any markings?

Thanks
Deirdre O GormanFeb 21 2024, 10:42amYep Helen, the entire route will be marked. The open mountain section will be marked with the red & yellow IMRA flags
Helen O CeallaighFeb 21 2024, 5:39pmThanks Deirdre
Connie ConroyFeb 22 2024, 9:54pmHi Deirdre, despite my best efforts to shake a persistent winter bug in advance of the race on Saturday I am having to wave a white flag and won’t make the start line. The last thing I want to do but I need to take ( literally) my medicine.

Connie
Robert CunninghamFeb 24 2024, 4:37pmThanks Dee and All the excellent volunteers today for a great event. Special thanks to Damien McDonnell for the fantastic spread of food afterwards. Kudos to all.
Super day and nice to see the Rugby in the lounge after, Thanks Hillview Sports Centre.
Conor CashmanFeb 24 2024, 7:02pmThanks to Dee and all for running a great event today!
Gaelan ElliffeFeb 24 2024, 7:48pmThank you to Dee and her band of merry volunteers for a really well organised race today. Everything was great, the post race spread was superb too.

A lovely course today. I look forward to returning and running in the area again.
Robbie WilliamsFeb 25 2024, 11:53amFantastic Race thank you Dee, Lianne and crew. Amazing course and lovely sambos and cakes at finish line.
The course was changing very 2km to reveal constantly changing terrain and challenges.
Anyone that didn’t make it it’s a classic to keep for years to come.
Patricia RyanFeb 25 2024, 8:32pmThanks Dee and all the brilliant volunteers including your parents for putting together an excellent event. Such a great day out and I was delighted with my front row seat for the match.
Brian FlannellyFeb 25 2024, 8:46pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Mags HassettFeb 25 2024, 9:01pmPhotos from the day have been uploaded to the event page.
Also available on https://photos.app.goo.gl/M89sKyRMxAe67Qxh8.
Patricia RyanFeb 25 2024, 9:22pmReport submitted for a read.
Deirdre O GormanFeb 26 2024, 12:19pmThanks Tricia for the lovely write up and thanks everyone for your kind words!
The biggest thank you to my super team of volunteers who made my job so much easier; they had all bases covered and made sure all runners got around safely.
Thank you to Damien and Natasha who worked tirelessly all day in the kitchen to keep everyone very well fed!
Thanks also to Pat, who made sure everyone came home and de-marked the entire course.
Finally, a big thank you to Seamus and all at Hillview Sports Club for allowing us to use all the facilities, including the bar for the match!
I've added a report from the RD perspective (sorry, it's a long one!) to give people an idea of what goes into a race like Clonmel.
Alice ClancyFeb 26 2024, 2:57pmThank you Deirdre and your excellent team for such a lovely (and tough!!) event!! The varied and challenging route, clear marking, friendly marshalls, beautiful views and delicious food made for a very memorable day! Will definitely be back next year!!