Irish Mountain
Running Association

Forth Mountain Wexford

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Lesleyann WylieFeb 7 2024, 12:22pmJust wondering what age is Junior?? I have ages 9, 12, 14 and 17.
Thanks
Karl RichardsFeb 7 2024, 7:36pmHi Lesleyann

I found this on the forum

The following changes to Juniors Age Categories and Race Distances have been approved by the IMRA committee:

1. Minimum age* for take part in an IMRA race: 6

2. Juniors under the age of 10 must be accompanied on the race
route by a guardian or parent

3. Age classes/race distances: [X to be taken as M/F]

• Under 10 [6-9] – accompanied on the course by
parent/guardian [XAJ] – distances up to 5k

• Under 14 – [10-13] X14 – distances up to 5k

• Under 16 – [14-15] X16 – distances up to 7k

• Under 18 – [16-17] X18 – distances up to 10k

Over 18 – Adult runner – not included in the junior’s category – can run full race distances

*Age – the age the runner is by the 31st December of the relevant year is the applicable age for races during that year

****JUNIORS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 CAN NOT TAKE PART IN RACES ON UNMARKED ROUTES****

https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/5487
Karl RichardsFeb 11 2024, 12:38pmHi Everyone we are looking forward to welcoming you all to Fourth Mountain on Saturday 17 February. The event page has been updated and the entries for the race will open on 12 February. Hopefully everything is crystal clear but dont hesitate to message on the forum if you have any queries.

See you all next saturday

Karl
Gerry MoranFeb 11 2024, 2:41pmHi Karl,
Hoping to run Forth Mountain next Sat.
Entry opening on the 12th I think.

What do I need to race? number, chip, kit?

Thanks in advance. Looking to run South East League races.

Gerry
Karl RichardsFeb 11 2024, 7:39pmHi Gerry we look forward to welcoming you on Saturday.

If this is your first race of the year then you have to pay the 2024 registration fee and enter the race tomorrow. You will be given your IMRA number for 2024 which you keep for the year. This race doesnt use timing chips so you just need to have your 2024 race number visible.

If you have already run a race this year then you bring the number you were given at your first race.

See you on saturday
Santina DohertyFeb 14 2024, 11:41amHi are you planning on having an early start?
Karl RichardsFeb 14 2024, 3:34pmHi Santina no we don’t have an early start. Race starts 11am. Registration desk closes at 10:45. Hope to see you on Saturday
Karl RichardsFeb 16 2024, 12:17pmHi All a reminder that entries close at 6pm today so register now to avoid disappointment.

Parking Reminder: The race starts at Three Rocks trail - trail head. There is limited car parking space in the at the start/finish. If possible use the Forth mountain hike car park 2km to the north of the race start/finish. Nice warm up and cool down opportunity. If using the Forth mountain hike car park cross the road and head south to the start line. You might see some of the race markings to get an idea of the final part of the race as you head to the start line.

LAST YEAR THE CAR FILLED UP SO PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY ENOUGH AS YOU MAY HAVE TO DRIVE TO THE OTHER FORTH MOUNTAIN HIKE CAR PARK

Please use this car park and its a short 2 km warm up to the start line https://maps.app.goo.gl/d7jrK9i7VuTWPSHY6
Niamh O'CeallaighFeb 16 2024, 4:03pmHi Karl,
What time would you like volunteers to arrive? Thanks.
Susie MitchellFeb 16 2024, 4:13pmHi all,
Im doing Forth Mountain tomorrow and my 11 year old daughter wants to do the junior race. I cant see how to register juniors for IMRA. She doesnt have an email address and when i try input her as a new member using my address it doesnt let me..
Anyone got a steer on this?
Thanks!
Susie Mitchell
Niamh O'CeallaighFeb 16 2024, 7:07pmSusie, there is a way to cheat the website into thinking you are entering a new email address. Basically if you use the + symbol in an email address, your email provider ignores everything after the plus, but IMRA thinks it is a unique email address. So you register her with that email address, but all correspondence comes to your email.
Eg. Susie@gmail.com and Susie+kiddo@gmail.com or Susie+tori@gmail.com all get sent to susie@gmail.com.
Hope that makes sense
Anne WynneFeb 16 2024, 8:13pmHi there,
I’ve missed the registration for this run unfortunately. Is it still possible to join? Many thanks
Karl RichardsFeb 16 2024, 10:13pmHi Anne
I am very sorry that you missed the registration. Unfortunately you have to be registered to run the race. I am very sorry about that. Hopefully you get to race at next years race.
Best wishes
Karl
Karl RichardsFeb 16 2024, 10:15pmHi Niamh Sorry for the late reply, i am just in the door from marking the race. If you are there for 10am that would be great.
Thanks Karl
Karl RichardsFeb 16 2024, 10:18pmHi All
Please dont forget that you have to carry your rain jacket with you for the duration of the race tomorrow. The course is very wet after all the rain this week so wear trail runners with good grips.

Parking Reminder: The race starts at Three Rocks trail - trail head. There is limited car parking space in the at the start/finish. If possible use the Forth mountain hike car park 2km to the north of the race start/finish. Nice warm up and cool down opportunity. If using the Forth mountain hike car park cross the road and head south to the start line. You might see some of the race markings to get an idea of the final part of the race as you head to the start line.

LAST YEAR THE CAR FILLED UP SO PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY ENOUGH AS YOU MAY HAVE TO DRIVE TO THE OTHER FORTH MOUNTAIN HIKE CAR PARK

Please use this car park and its a short 2 km warm up to the start line https://maps.app.goo.gl/d7jrK9i7VuTWPSHY6

We look forward to welcoming you to Fourth Mountain in the morning.
Karl RichardsFeb 17 2024, 4:34pmWell done to everyone who took part in the Fourth Mountain race this morning. It was a tough course with lots of slop and hardship. I hope that you all enjoyed yourselves and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

Massive thanks to all the volunteers, without their help there would not have been a race.

The race results have been compiled and will be on the website as soo as possible. Congratulations to the winners

Race winners
Junior female Eabha Wylie
Junior Male Eamon Wylie

Ladies senior
1st Aoibheann OBrien
2nd Miranda Egan Langley
3rd Deirdre Grogan

Mens Senior
1st Tom McCarthy
2nd David O Connor
3rd James Coade
Maurice McCartanFeb 17 2024, 6:48pmGreat race today folks, the weather may have dampened my insoles but it didn't dampen the fun. Thanks to the volunteers.
Deirdre GroganFeb 17 2024, 8:33pmThanks for the muck fest, great fun today. By the end one pool looked like another, but was well marked out. Thanks to all the volunteers for standing around in that rain, I rather keep running.
Laura-Anne MolloyFeb 17 2024, 9:07pmThanks to Karl and all the volunteers for today's bogtrot around Forth Mountain, the waders were missing from the list of mandatory kit! The sun went AWOL from the south east today so we will all just have to come back again next year to see those lovely views. A horrible day for volunteers to be standing out in, so all very much appreciated.
James CoadeFeb 18 2024, 5:45pmThanks a million to Karl and all the volunteers for yesterday's race, it was a great event, a real tough course! The shoes got a proper clean with all the puddles anyway :)
David O ConnorFeb 19 2024, 12:21pmThanks to Karl and all the volunteers for the race Saturday. A great route, challenging but very enjoyable. Will look forward to next year...