Irish Mountain
Running Association

Sliabh Bearnagh

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Mike QuinJun 10 2009, 3:06pmThis year's race will be a modified version of the short course (8k, Feenleagh only) and we are requesting you report by 12:30 at latest, as we would like to start the race as promptly as possible. Water will be available on the course.
Volunteers/marshalls, please get there early. Hopefully we can get away early to facilitate anyone wanting to see other sporting events later in the afternoon.
Hope to see you all there,
Mike
Kevin DuffyJun 18 2009, 7:18pmCan anyone tell me where this race is, please? I'm not familiar with it and hope to run it.

Thanks,

Kevin
Joe MooneyJun 19 2009, 11:39amThe race is on in East Clare, just outside Killaloe. If you are coming from the Dublin/Nenagh side, come across the bridge in Ballina and go right and you are heading out the Ogonnelloe/Tuamgraney/Scarrif Road. Go approx 2 miles out this road and there is a forest road up to your left. The left run is just at the beginning of a big park (on your right), so if you pass the park (called the Two Mile Gate)...then you have passed the turnoff. Go up this forest road 500m and Parking, race registration, race start are all up here.
Kevin DuffyJun 19 2009, 4:45pmThanks Joe, much appreciated.
Finbar McGurrenJun 19 2009, 5:31pmCan anyone tell me if the race is fully marked?

Thanks,
Finbar