Wicklow Way Relay
- A relay race from Kilmashogue to Shillelagh along the Wicklow Way
- Saturday 25 May, 2013
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,2,3) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Route Description:
- The Wicklow Way must be followed as signposted, unless specifically listed below. Leg Descriptions are available but they are a little out of date so use as a guide only. When in doubt, look around you! Or post here. Also, no shortcuts are allowed and teams risk being disqualified if reported.
- Leg 8: Leave the WW at Stranakelly Crossroads and run to the finish. This will be marked.
- Organisers Instructions:
Teams consisting of between 2 and 8 runners will run the Wicklow Way in Relay. There are eight stages, between 8km and 22km long. Fee 15 euro per runner but minimum of 60 euro for teams of 2 or 3.
New for 2013: A Solo Ultra event will be run in conjunction with the WWR, running the entire length of the Wicklow Way. See separate event page for further information.
Entry Form now available. Please fill it out and return by post with entry fee as soon as possible as places are very limited.
Register team changes at: http://goo.gl/p9mVh.
04/04/2013 - ENTRIES CLOSED: See forum note below.
09/04/2013 - ENTRY LIST: List of Confirmed Entries published.
18/04/2013 - VOLUNTEERS, RECCES AND CAMPING: See forum note below.
10/05/2013 - VOLUNTEERS, TEAM CHANGES AND INSURANCE: See forum note below.
22/05/2013 - IMPORTANT WARNING FOR LEG 5 RUNNERS AND SUPPORT CREWS: See warning below.
24/05/2013 - FINAL TEAM LIST: Team Numbers and Runner Names.
24/05/2013 - FINAL BRIEFING: See forum note below.
View the 2013 Results (updated).
- Prizegiving Location:
- Kennys, Shillelagh
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Little||Gareth||Dalkey (one way lift only)||N11 / Marley Park||06:00:00||3||0|