- Wednesday 27 February, 2008
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 3 (1,1,1) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Route Description:
- Junior girls (2.36 km, 131m climb, 1 loop).
Jun. boys + Inter. girls + Inter. boys + Sen. girls (3.24 km, 166m climb, 2 loops).
Senior boys (4.12 km, 201m climb, 3 loops).
- Getting There:
- Via M50 travelling south (R822 and R11) Exit the M50 at the Ballinteer/Dundrum Exit 13 staying in the left lane (these directions are for vehicles travelling SOUTH along the M50). At roundabout take immediate left onto R822 and follow the directions for Rathfarnham. Continue straight ahead until the next major junction. Turn left onto Grange road R113. Drive about 200m to traffic lights at the junction of Grange road and College road. Turn right and proceed to T junction where you turn left to a roundabout. Take 1st exit off roundabout onto Kilmashogue lane (cul de sac) and the large-gated entrance to St. Columba?s College is within 100 metres on your left.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Entry fees are ?10.00 per team and ?5.00 per individual. Cheques should be crossed and made payable to the ?Irish Mountain Running Association?.
Junior (Under 15 on 1st July 2008). Start girls (13:00). Boys (13:05).
Intermediate (Under 17 on 1st July 2008). Start girls (13:40). Boys (13:45).
Senior (Under 19 on 1st July 2008). Start girls (13:50). Boys (13:55).
1:00 pm Junior girls 2.36 km 131m climb (1 loop) 1:05 pm Junior boys 3.24 km 166m climb (2 loops) 1:40 pm Inter girls 3.24 km 166m climb (2 loops) 1:45 pm Inter boys 3.24 km 166m climb (2 loops) 1:50 pm Senior girls 3.24 km 166m climb (2 loops) 1:55 pm Senior boys 4.12 km 201m climb (3 loops) The first race will start at 1 pm sharp. Teams must be pre-registered but individual entries will be accepted on the day. Registration will close at 12:40. Please allow time for registration queues and for finding the school. Full schedule here
- Prizegiving Location:
- Prizes will be awarded immediately after each race. First three girls and boys in each category will receive championship medals. The scorers on the first three girls and boys schools teams will receive championship medals (teams of 6, first 4 to score). Mixed teams not allowed.
- All courses start near car park for St. Columba's school. At the southern end of the course there is a loop of 880m. Junior girls do one loop of this before returning to start, senior boys do three loops, all other races do two loops.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize