Ballyhoura Mountain Marathon
Saturday 2 May, 2015
8 (2,3,3) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Route fully marked
Munster Long Distance Championship
42km on Rolling Hills and waymarked trails. 1176m elevation.
Getting There: Kilfinane, Co. Limerick. The race starts and finishes at the Scoil Pol , Kilfinnane. This is beside the GAA pitch.
ENTRIES NOW CLOSED. NO ENTRY ON THE DAY
1. Registration & Sign in This year`s registration will be done at Scoil Pol which is behind the Outdoor Education Centre in Kilfinnane. Not in the OEC as in previous years. This will be marked from the Main Street. Reg will open at 7:30am and CLOSE at 9am SHARP! Please note there are strictly NO ENTRIES on the day. Race start is 9:30am. On entering the school you will need to : >Collect bib/chip timing >Sign RACE SIGN IN SHEET..This covers you being insured. >Make sure you know have your IMRA 2015 number with you. If you do not have a physical number (ie: lost or you registered on line), You will be supplied with a blank IMRA bib to write your 2015 number on. Important: we will NOT, under any circumstances be checking on line for your number on the morning. This is your responsibility! You make sure you know your number or you cannot collect your chip. No chip, no result. >Collect your Control Card. All runners will be issued with a control card with numbered boxes. These must be punched with the Stamp at certain points/summits along the route. Please note that failure to return a fully stamped card will deem you DNF. Details of these points will be shown on Sat morn Pre Race Briefing at 9am.
2. Mandatory Kit. Every runner is required to carry a Kit. This includes: rain jacket, Buff or hat, Mobile phone with Race Directors number, ability to carry a minimum 250ml water, energy source (gel, bar etc.) Please note the Kit check will be at 9:20am at start line. All runners must finish with Kit or risk DQ.
3. Race Signage. The BMM will be marked with the following: white plastic cards with red arrows, directional arrows paint on ground & red/white danger tape. Please stay on the course at all times. If you wish to drop please contact RD or we will be out looking for you post event. There will be approx markings of distance:5km intervals or more. Please take note as you pass these. If you get into trouble you can let us know where you are located (ie: between 25-30km etc.) Roads are not closed. Please be careful on open road sections.
4. Leave NO Trace We have Coillte and local permission for this great event so please respect the course. No gel wrappers, bottles etc to be discarded. Please report any littering to RD. Black bin bags will be available at the UNMANNED stations, please use these. This is NOT a road marathon.
5. Stations There will be 3 unmanned stations supplying the following: water, jellies, something with salt, biscuits. These are a top up, be aware that this race is SELF SUFFICIENT. We will endeavour to keep stocked but please do not rely on these stations as your ONLY food/drink. Please use bin bags in stations.
6. Finish: Hand in your control to show points visited ! At finish you will receive your BMM 2015 mug. You will also receive your BMM T-shirt. Congratulations,now a well earned rest...
A two course meal and prize giving will be held in Scoil Pol, Kilfinane also
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for Leinster League finisher's prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for Leinster League finisher prize