Ballyhoura Mountain Marathon
- Ballyhoura Mountain Run
- Saturday 30 April, 2016
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Long Distance Championship
- Route Description:
- All routes are fully marked and are on a mixture of hiking trails, forest roads and quiet country roads.
The Marathon and Ultra routes start and end at Scoil Pól in Kilfinane, and the Half starts at Ballyorgan (buses will bring competitors to the start) and ends at Scoil Pól.
The MAPS tab on this page contains a map of the route and elevation profile.
GPX files are available to download here.
- Getting There:
- Scoil Pól, Kilfinane, Co. Limerick
Car parking is available at the GAA club next door.
- Organisers Instructions:
Please follow these steps:
- Register for myIMRA (or if you have already, log in). This is what allows access to the purchase area.
- Register as a member of IMRA, if you aren't already one (€10).
- Go to PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS and buy from the Half (€35), Marathon (€55) or Ultra (€65).
Race Number: You must have a race number or know your race number to collect your race pack on the morning. We will not be able to look for your race number online! If you do not have a physical number with you on the day, please bring the print out of membership confirmation and we will write you one.
Sign in times:
- Ultra sign on is from 05:45 to 06:15.
- Marathon sign on is from 07:00 to 08:00.
- Half sign on is from 08:50 to 09:40, with buses to the start leaving from 09:50.
Safety Kit: There is a mandatory safety kit for all competitors, consisting of a rain jacket, a mobile phone, and a water bottle (with 250ml capacity). Any competitor seen not carrying these items at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
Drop Bags: For the Ultra, 2 drop bags can be given for Ballyorgan at 21km and Kilfinane at 42km. For the Marathon 1 drop bag can be given for Ballyorgan at 21km. Bags should be labelled. No responsibility is taken for the contents of the bags.
Aid stations: There will be a number of aid stations on route with water and snacks. Note that there will be no cups available, and all competitors must carry a bottle for this reason.
Cut off times: Ultra competitors must be through Ballyorgan (21km) by 09:30 and through Kilfinane (42km) by 12:30. Marathon competitors must be through Ballyorgan (21km) by 12:00.
- Prizegiving Location:
- All competitors will receive a commemorative mug. There will be showers available and a hot meal and dessert for all competitors too. The prize giving ceremony will be held in Scoil Pól.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize