- Sunday 2 April, 2017
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The race begins on Claragh Rd (just opposite the carpark) heading south. After about 800m, take a sharp left onto a narrow road, and after another 600m, take a right turn onto a path going through the forest. This path zig-zags up through the forest, until you go over a stile on your left that exits the forest. You now follow the path keeping the forest to your right, until you go through a gate on to the open mountain. You are now on a narrow path that swings to the right and then takes you to the summit. Turn left at the summit, and head straight back down to intersect the uphill route and then follow your route back to the finish.
- Getting There:
- Millstreet, Co. Cork
Carpark and registration is opposite St. Patrick's Church on the main road going through the town (R582).
OSI grid reference: W 268 902Google Streetview link
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all and the cost is €5. There is no online pre-registration available. Please arrive at least 30 mins before race start time to give time for race registration.
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, bring the race number given to you at that race as it is valid for the full year.
However, if this is your first IMRA race this year, you must purchase yearly IMRA membership for €10 per person. Please download the membership form, and fill it out beforehand to speed up registration (they will be available on the day too). You will then be given a race number that is used for other IMRA races this year.
Under IMRA rules for competitors safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize