- Wednesday 14 June, 2017
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster League
- Route Description:
- The route starts by going up the country road near the carpark. Keep left on the way up, and then go straight through the first crossroads to follow a path going up by a stream. Turn left at the top of this, and run back down the forest road with views of the lake on your left. Eventually there is a right turn to head into the forest, and you are now on mountain bike trails, which may be a bit mucky! These exit back onto the fireroad, from where it is a short trip back to the carpark and finish.
- Getting There:
- Two-Mile Gate, Killaloe, Co Clare
From the M7, take the Birdhill/Killaloe exit onto the R494 heading towards Killaloe. When you get to Ballina, turn left at the roundabout and go across the bridge to Killaloe. Turn right after the bridge, and there is a large carpark in front of the lake on the right hand side after about 4km.
OSI grid reference: R 687 763Google Streetview link
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all and the cost is €5. There is no online pre-registration available. Please arrive at least 30 mins before race start time to give time for race registration.
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, bring the race number given to you at that race as it is valid for the full year.
However, if this is your first IMRA race this year, you must purchase yearly IMRA membership for €10 per person. Please download the membership form, and fill it out beforehand to speed up registration (they will be available on the day too). You will then be given a race number that is used for other IMRA races this year.
Under IMRA rules for competitors safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Dwane||Keith||ennis||leaving ennis around 5.40pm and passing tulla via killaloe||17:40:00||3||0|