Glen of Aherlow Trail Marathon (2 loops)
- Glen of Aherlow Trail Marathon
- Saturday 21 September, 2019
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Long Distance Championship
- Route Description:
- The route is a 21.1km loop on a mixture of hiking trails, forest roads and quiet country roads, starting and finishing near Lisvarrinane.
- Getting There:
- Lisvarrinane, Co. Tipperary
Race registration, and showers and food will be at the Village Hall in Lisvarrinane.
- Organisers Instructions:
This race is SOLD OUT, no entry on the day, waiting lists or transfers
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2019!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2019 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2019 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
- Prizegiving Location:
- How showers and a hot meal will be offered to all competitors. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd man and woman in all 3 races.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize