Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glendalough Tucker Trail

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Niamh O'CeallaighJan 21 2019, 9:23pmHi All,
I was just wondering if there will be a relay race to coincide with the Tucker Trail this year.
Thanks
Greg ByrneJan 22 2019, 5:49pmDue to the change in the date and the increased numbers in the ultra event last year there will be no relay in 2019.

This decision has been based on a number of factors, including, but not limited to:
* The time of year
* Race transition location
* Parking
* Feedback from volunteers

Running two races on the one day, in a very congested location, over a 14 hour period is not as simple as it might at first appear. In particular we have found that the relay more than doubles the complexity of the race management.

We did consider alternative arrangements and locations, however, most involve a significant increase in the race logistics and/or the number of volunteer marshals required during the day.
Niamh O'CeallaighJan 23 2019, 11:54amNo problem Greg. Totally understand. I better get training so!!!! :-)
JUDITH ROBINSONFeb 4 2019, 10:01pmHi.....just wondering what is the maximum time allowed for this and would Salomon Speedcross shoes be suitable.
Gordon PlaceFeb 5 2019, 7:31amHi Judith, the previous years race booklet is still available to download, if you go to the race page, click history, click the year and then race details. Obviously old info but gives a good idea of cut offs and course info. Speedcross be fine for leg 1 but I think other legs have more trail and fire road, in case you want something more comfortable
Greg ByrneFeb 5 2019, 8:33pmDear Judith, The course will be open for 12 hours, and there are cut-off times on each of the legs. They are quite generous, but strictly enforced. Details will be supplied in race booklet, which available via a link on the race details page before registration opens. Previous race details are very indicative of what to expect.

The choice of footwear will depend on your preference and the conditions on the day. I would strongly advise taking a run on legs 1 and 2 in order to make your own decision. Plenty of time between now a July and they're well worth the trip.
Greg ByrneMar 20 2019, 8:04pmEVENT UPDATE
The updated race booklet is now available to download from the event page.

RACE ENTRY:
30 euro paid online via myIMRA. This will be available from 1st May until the end of May, or 100 entries. See the event page for details.

SOLO & TEAM COMPETITION
This year for those completing the ultra there is the chance to enter a team competition. See the race booklet for details.
John MurrayMar 21 2019, 1:38pmGreat informative Race Booklet Greg, I feel like I've just run the race already reading that! :)

Just one thing I spotted. It says in the booklet that Entries open on Monday 6th May, as opposed to the 1st May posted below?

Great race and looking forward to doing it again this year.
Greg ByrneMar 21 2019, 7:24pmSorry John, my mistake above, the race booklet and event page are correct, it will be 6th May that entries open.
Greg ByrneMay 14 2019, 8:38pm---------------------------------

RACE ENTRY
Race entires are now open via myIMRA and the 'Purchase IMRA Products' tab. Entries will close the end of the month.

---------------------------------

UTMB/i-TRA Registration
Thanks to the committee for register the event, which is now recognised by both organisations for result recognition and race qualification.

---------------------------------
Greg ByrneMay 29 2019, 8:17pm-------------- RACE ENTRY --------------

Heads up that entries for the 2019 Glendalough Tucker Trail (aka Clover) will close this weekend.

--------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxx--------------
Paul O BrienMay 29 2019, 11:20pmSays entry closes at 11 on Tuesday. Is that right.
Gordon PlaceMay 30 2019, 7:51amEvent details page says in red closes Friday 31st July May which seems confirmed above
Paul O BrienMay 30 2019, 11:01amCheers Gordon. I hadnt visited the event page, I was just going by the purchase items page. Maybe someone should adjust the date thats shown.
Greg ByrneJun 4 2019, 6:48pm---------------- ENTRIES CLOSED ----------------

56 brave souls registered for the 80km next month. Best of luck with the upcoming training & races. We'll see you in Glendalough on 6th July

------------------ ENTRY LIST ------------------

Patrik Albertsson M50
Fabio Baltieri M
Laszlo Barkoczi M40
Phil Behan M
Pavel Bodi M40
Matthew Branch M40
Gavin Byrne M
Anthony Cahill M40
Steve Corry M40
Paul Croke M
Raymond Cummins M40
Torben Dahl M40
Karen Duggan F40
Paul Duggan M50
Christopher Dunne M40
Karl Fitzgerald M40
George Flynn M50
Peter Gorman M
Stephen Gregg M40
Con Halpin M
Siobhan Hayes F50
Martin Hennessy M
Sean Higgins M40
Mark Horvath M
Donatas Jocius M
Karina Jonina F
Eoin Keith M50
Toni Llovera M40
Mariusz Luczak M40
Kevin Marshall M50
Dale Mathers M50
Justin Maxwell M
Lorraine Mc Mahon F40
Finbar McGurren M40
Nicki McPeak M40
Tom Melligan M
Paul Morrissey M40
Aoife Mundow F
Paul O Brien M40
Adrian O Donovan M
Mairead O' Keeffe F40
Chris O'Mahony M40
Neal O'Riordan M40
Michael O'Rourke M40
Kazimierz Pawelczak M40
Thomas Phelan M
Gordon Place M40
Mark Quigley M40
Karl Richards M40
Owen Smith M40
Ondrej Stieranka M
Tiernan Swan M
Liam Sweeney M50
Peter Thompson M
Jackie Toal F40
Paul Twomey M

-------------------------------------------------
Thomas DomicanJun 20 2019, 3:10pmIs it still possible to get a late entry for this race
Greg ByrneJun 21 2019, 9:45pmSorry Thomas, race entry has closed. We are still looking for volunteers if you want to come along, witness the race and support the IMRA community.
Pavel BodiJun 29 2019, 12:42pmHi all,
Unfortunately I have to working next Saturday.
To all runners I wish good luck,have a blast and enjoy every minute of it.
Thomas RocheJun 29 2019, 9:09pmI see Pavel can’t run next Sat. Is there a chance I can take his place??????? :)
Karl FitzgeraldJun 30 2019, 11:52amHi, I purchased a replacement race number, will this be available to pick up on race day?
Eilis ConneryJul 1 2019, 12:57pmHi Karl Yes your replacement number will be at registration for you on Sat morn
Eilis ConneryJul 1 2019, 1:06pmSorry Thomas but we won't be able to sort transfers at this stage
Karl FitzgeraldJul 1 2019, 1:10pmThanks Eilis

Panic over
Greg ByrneJul 1 2019, 9:24pm=========== CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS ===========

We're still on the look out for a few more non-running volunteers willing to help out for a few hours on Saturday.

Much as we try it is still proving impossible to organise races without volunteers. Anyone with a few spare hours and a talent for cheering on ultra runners is welcome to the race crew. Sign up is located on the event page.

==========================================
Mick HanneyJul 1 2019, 9:46pmEmail sent to you Greg.
Stephen GreggJul 1 2019, 9:54pmHi all ,just wondering could anyone clear up a little confusion regarding race route for saturday . After studying the race booklet and detailed route descriptions i am just wondering is this years leg 3 slightly different to last years or did everyone just get it wrong last year haha!
While searching through strava for gpx routes i notice there seems to be a difference between last years runners and the map in this years booklet ? the early stages of leg 3 just after leaving the base camp and after waterfall the route seems to switchback on itself (between marker 55 and 77 on trac de trail map) but last years runners on strava seem to have skipped this and took a smaller triangle path to opposite side ??? if any of this makes sense and has been noticed can anybody advise which route we use this year .. any help greatly appreciated. Stephen Gregg
Stephen GreggJul 1 2019, 9:54pmHi all ,just wondering could anyone clear up a little confusion regarding race route for saturday . After studying the race booklet and detailed route descriptions i am just wondering is this years leg 3 slightly different to last years or did everyone just get it wrong last year haha!
While searching through strava for gpx routes i notice there seems to be a difference between last years runners and the map in this years booklet ? the early stages of leg 3 just after leaving the base camp and after waterfall the route seems to switchback on itself (between marker 55 and 77 on trac de trail map) but last years runners on strava seem to have skipped this and took a smaller triangle path to opposite side ??? if any of this makes sense and has been noticed can anybody advise which route we use this year .. any help greatly appreciated. Stephen Gregg
Stephen GreggJul 1 2019, 9:55pmHi all ,just wondering could anyone clear up a little confusion regarding race route for saturday . After studying the race booklet and detailed route descriptions i am just wondering is this years leg 3 slightly different to last years or did everyone just get it wrong last year haha!
Greg ByrneJul 1 2019, 10:02pmHi Stephen, for the last two years there was a diversion on the Wicklow Way due to tree felling and forestry activity. For Leg 3 the race followed route of the Wicklow Way as it was officially marked on the day.

The 2019 booklet sets out the actual race route, the established Wicklow Way.

That said we are always at the mercy of the National Park and Coillte. Should there be a marked diversion in place on race day we will expect runners to follow the officially marked route.
Stephen GreggJul 1 2019, 10:02pm*apologies for the multiple message doh!!!
Greg ByrneJul 1 2019, 10:04pm=========== CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS ===========

We're still on the look out for a few more non-running volunteers willing to help out for a few hours on Saturday.

Much as we try it is still proving impossible to organise races without volunteers. Anyone with a few spare hours and a talent for cheering on ultra runners is welcome to the race crew. Sign up is located on the event page.

==========================================
Stephen GreggJul 1 2019, 10:05pmBrilliant Greg thanks for that ,so stick to the race booklet route unless otherwise informed... thank you.
lorraine Mc mahonJul 4 2019, 9:29pmJust to let you know I wont be running. Thanks
Lorraine
Greg ByrneJul 5 2019, 8:34pm============== PRE-RACE UPDATE ================

WEATHER
Looks reasonable for tomorrow. Temperatures will be good, but passing showers are forecast. Pack your jackets, and maybe have a spare one in the bag. Those getting wet early will probably pay a price later.

SUN-CREAM & MIDGE SPRAY
Don't forget the essentials for any Irish summer.

PARKING
€4 per car (CASH ONLY) on the gate for entry into the Upper Lake Car Park.

REGISTRATION
Registration will be open from around 6:15am tomorrow in the Uper Lake Car Park in Glendalough. Don't forget to bring your race number and kit with you to the registration desk.

RACE ROUTE
At this time we are not aware of any diversions in operation on the way marked routes to be used.

TEAM COMPETITIONS
The team competitions are free to enter for all 80k entrants. Please stick you race number down on the registration sheets. The volunteers will encourage other to join teams looking for members. Plenty of fun to be had cheering on your team-mates progress as you pass each other on the various out-n-back legs.

ENJOY THE DAY
This is our idea of fun after all...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Weather Sites:
https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/County_Wicklow~2960935/hour_by_hour.html
https://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/wicklow/211515/hourly-weather-forecast/211515?hour=33
https://www.met.ie

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Phil behanJul 6 2019, 8:55pmMassive thank you to all involved today. The organisation and all the volunteers did an outstanding job. Congrats also to the winners and all who ran. Tremendous running!
Siobhán HayesJul 7 2019, 1:39pmMany thanks to everyone yesterday for such a great race.
Tiernan SwanJul 7 2019, 8:05pmTo Greg, Eilish and each and every volunteer there from early morning til evening, Thank you so much for putting on and delivering a memorable event. Everyone was just in great spirits the whole day, even with the attack of the midgets not to mention #Fingergate, Yous all had a smile and a helping hand at every point. Even though i was running a lot on me todd, it was a lift to the spirit hitting the check points. I will definitely be recommending this event to one and all. Hope to see you all again soon!
Aoife MundowJul 8 2019, 7:53amThanks to Greg, Eilis and all the volunteers for their hard work which made this a super event. A great day out on the hills - thanks all!
Steve CorryJul 21 2019, 9:10amHi,

Will our result appear in our ITRA runner file?

thanks,

Steve C.
Richard NunanJul 21 2019, 10:19amHi Steve,

Results will be uploaded by the end if the week.

Thanks

Richard
Steve CorryJul 22 2019, 4:03amGreat, thanks.