Irish Mountain
Running Association

Kilmac Running Festival - Sugarloaf - Djouce

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Iwona KelleherNov 1 2021, 8:32pmHi, is this indeed no Gps allowed? Thanks , Iwona
Mick HanneyNov 2 2021, 5:47pmYou shouldn't need a GPS (ie to follow a GPS trail), as routes are generally well marked & marshalled.
Watches that record your track - your standard garmin watches etc. are fine.
Iwona KelleherNov 2 2021, 6:18pmPerfect, thanks
Graham K. BusheNov 7 2021, 11:33amHi everyone, with just under three weeks to this great event, I'm putting a call out for some volunteers please.
Henny BrandsmaNov 10 2021, 7:39pmHi Graham, would be able to help in one of the races as volunteer, as long I don't have to climb up all the way to Djouce or War Hill, every where else is fine and you can put me down as either registration or Marshall.
Henny.
Eamonn CashinNov 14 2021, 1:45pmShowers available at the GAA club afterwards or?
Graham K. BusheNov 14 2021, 4:48pmHi Everyone, There’s just under two weeks to go to this great event. A huge thanks to the committee and especially Angela, for all the work that has been done so far.
Thanks also to those who have signed up to volunteer. We could do with a few more people please, marshals in particular. Come on out to support your fellow runners. And also, there’s Breakfast available for volunteers.
The shop is open for lots of great races, and with free parking, finishers prizes, a BBQ and showers, you’ll get lots of value for your entry fee.
IMRA is great because the people in it make it great, so come along and be part of it.
Graham K. BusheNov 25 2021, 12:27amREMEMBER! Entries closes today. Don't miss out.
On race day you will need your race number, timing chip and jacket.
If this is your first race of 2021, you can collect your number and chip (please bring your membership confirmation email)
The registration desk will open at 7:15 and close at 8:15
Parking is at Kilmacanogue GAA pitch. Arrive in good time to park etc.
The race route uses public roads, with two crossings assisted by An Garda Síochána. Please yield to traffic and Follow directions of marshals. They are spending long hours out and about so you can all enjoy your run. So if they ask you to wait for a few moments, please do so. Be prepared for the weather, it's November in the Wicklow hills. There will be a water station at Djouce woods, bring your own bottle or cup.
Leave no trace.
Enjoy

Geaham
Stephen VersoNov 26 2021, 10:48amHi, sorry just a quick one. On the map route image its looks like the 10km callout box is highlighted for the way up to Djouce base but reading the description this route will actually be after we've been around Djouce. Just wanted to confrim this is the case? Many thanks and looking forward to tomorrow.
Sean ForsythNov 26 2021, 2:28pmHi All,

Apologies for posting this up here, I am not sure what the policy is for notifying for non competing.

Unfortunately due to being a close contact of a confirmed Covid case I will not be able to make this race tomorrow.

I am absolutely gutted as I have being training hard for this one.

If it's possible, I would like to donate my fee to Mountain Rescue, if the fee has been allocated for the event already then that is completely understandable.

Good luck to everyone in all the races tomorrow and well done to all the organisers, its shaping up to be a great event

Best regards

Sean
Graham K. BusheNov 26 2021, 3:28pmHi Stephen, yes. That is the way up. When runners get to paddock lake they turn right and follow the fire road up to the wicklow way. Then follow this to the summit. On the way back, runners turn right and follow the narrow trail down
Stephen VersoNov 26 2021, 6:51pmSpot the noob! Perfect, thank you for the clarification.
James H CahillNov 27 2021, 2:23pmThank you Graham and Angela and all the volunteers for a great day out in the hills. The Djouce race was a great route and very enjoyable (after it was over and my core temperature had risen by 10 degrees - mainly type 2 fun!)..

Special thank you to the Marshall atop Djouce - definitely over and above the call of duty to risk serious frostbite (windchill - 11 degrees) and allow us all to enjoy ourselves.

I am sure the other races were equally enjoyable and I already read great comments about the lady's race.

Great morning. Great race. Great festival. Thank you all
Conor NolanNov 27 2021, 4:28pmMany thanks to Graham, Angela et al. Fantastic route Fantastic festival. Special thanks to the marshals - especially the hero on top of Djouce.
Great venue too. I hope we can be back next year.
Stephen BrennanNov 27 2021, 4:37pmSuch an enjoyable race.

Superb organisation.

Fitting tribute to 40 years of IMRA.

Thanks in particular to Graham, Angela and the marshals.
Brian FureyNov 27 2021, 4:50pmThanks all for organizing fantastic array of races. Very enjoyable.
Peter BellNov 27 2021, 6:48pmThanks Angela, Graham and all your helpers! Great day out. Loved it. The route was brilliant. Had it all. Enjoying d recovery now.
David JonesNov 27 2021, 7:46pmThanks to Graham, Angela and every volunteer and marshal who made today such an enjoyable experience. I had planned to do a lot more events this year, but a groin injury has taken up a lot of the year for me. So between RTL last week and this, I’ve managed to squeeze in two of my favourite routes before the year is out. I somehow skipped over sugarloaf summit in the race detail, so was expecting yellow route to post and down. Red and summit was a “nice” surprise! Plenty of icey stretches on Djouce, fell on a run for only the second time, broke a pole but loved every minute. I am in awe of so many who just take off at such pace from the start. I hope all the marshals have defrosted by now. Great job everyone!
Cormac O'CeallaighNov 27 2021, 9:04pmGraham ,Angela and all the volunteers-wow what a wonderful event.Brillantly organized re markings, traffic management-even the weather I felt I was in the Alps as I hit the summit of Djouce! special thanks to the various Marshalls who deserve medals and flasks of hot Bovril-i hope they didn't end up in A&E with frost bite.
Here's to next year and the next 40yrs for IMRA!
Stéphane ClaudeNov 28 2021, 5:22pmBrilliant route, brilliant atmosphere, brilliant weather (hat, gloves and 3 layers needed though!), brilliant helpful cook. Many thanks to the organisers and volunteers. I'll be back next year be it a volunteer or participant. Bravo!
Conor O'FarrellNov 29 2021, 7:19pmHi All

Results are now up. Please send any queries to results@imra.ie.

I'd like to give a special thanks to Eoin Syron on laptop, who had a challenging day to say the least. It was a complex enough day with the multiple races on the go simultaneously, without the added hassle of the timing battery. I'm hoping that we can get a replacement battery before the next event on December 27th,

I get a lot of kudos for posting the results, but it would not happen without the time put in before, during and after events by the laptop operators - with training, prep, registration and sorting the multiple courses we have for every race.

So thanks to all of the laptop operators this year. The have done a stellar job!