Currabinny Woods Halloween Race
- Currabinny Woods
- Thursday 27 October, 2016
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 3 (1,1,1) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry opens:
- 2016-10-11 00:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2016-10-27 00:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- 5km marked trail course adults 2.5km marked trail for family.
- Getting There:
- Currabinny is about 6.5 km east of Carrigaline, south of R613. The area is on northern side of Owenboy River and the tip of the peninsula of old red sandstone sloping to sea on three sides which juts into Cork Harbour. It can be found on discovery map number 87, W-790 620. See currabinny.com for map
- Organisers Instructions:
- REGISTRATION OPEN ONLINE NOW UNTIL SUNDAY 23RD AT 11PM................................................................................................
ANY UPDATES CAN BE FOUND AT MMRA FACEBOOK PAGE
THERE ARE 2 RUNS ON THE NIGHT:
2.5KM KIDS FUN CANDY RUN (ACCOMPANIED BY ADULTS ONLY)WHICH STARTS AT 7.30PM SIGN IN FROM 6:45-7:15
PLEASE NOTE ADULTS MUST HAVE REGISTERED ONLINE FOR THEIR KIDS TO RUN. MAX 3 KIDS PER REGISTERED ADULT. KIDS MUST BRING TORCHES!! AND HALLOWEEN COSTUMES !
ADULT RACE AT 8:15PM SIGN ON OPEN FROM 6:45 UNTIL 8PM 5KM COURSE (2 loops so kids can cheer you on as you pass through). Torches essential..no torch no run.
This race is open to all and the cost is €9 for current IMRA members of 2016, €10 for non 2016 registered runners (€1 membership fee)
PLEASE NOTE. IF YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED WITH IMRA YOU MUST DO IN ORDER TO RUN.
1. CREATE AN MY-IMRA ID
2. JOIN FOR 2016 €1
3. PAY FOR RACE.
ABSOLUTELY NO REG ON DAY !! ONLINE ONLY. yOU CANNOT RUN IF YOU ARE NOT ON LIST.
Under IMRA rules for competitors safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize