CANCELLED! - Mount Leinster
- Sunday 3 May, 2020
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 9 (3,3,3) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster Championship, Southeast League
- Entry opens:
- 2020-04-20 00:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2020-05-02 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- Yes. Race vouchers may be used to enter this event on the day.
- Route Description:
- Forest roads, mountain trail and open mountain
- Getting There:
- Read the map OS No.68 or follow the instructions below. Please note that the route will be signposted in the target area. Via N11 from Dublin to Ferns. In Ferns take the 2nd exit off the roundabout on the R745. Go uphill. At Doyles Bar road swings left then immediately right.After a half mile turn left(still on R745) to Ballycarney. At the Ballycarney Inn go straight across the N80 on R745. After the village of Ballindaggan at the next crossroads(BSC signs from now on)swing right (R702)for Kiltealy. At next crossroads turn right for Bunclody(R746). Take 2nd left, then left again and you are nearly there! 2. Via N81 from Dublin through Blessington, Tullow to N80. Turn left for Bunclody. At crossroads in Bunclody(just after Eurospar) turn right on to R746 to Kiltealy. After about 5 miles watch out for a sign to the right. Follow signs to parking( about 1km) 3. From Enniscorthy take R702 road towards Kiltealy(up past Lidl and Aldi). Before you get to Kiltealy turn right for Bunclody(R746)BSC signs from now on. Take 2nd left, then left again and you are nearly there!
- Organisers Instructions:
- Leinster Champs and Southeast League race to the summit of Mount Leinster. Shorter/ junior route also offered. Early start offered for long course runners at 11.30am Race routes will be fully marked Purchase your race entries on line in advance as no cash will be taken for entries on the day. IMRA race vouchers can also be used of course. PARKING is in a farmer's field adjacent to the start of the race(grid reference S 866 504) Charge of 2 euro per car.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Will be at the finish line. Feel free to bring a flask of tea/coffee and some scones, cake, flapjacks to share with other runners.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize