- Wednesday 21 June, 2017
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster League
- Route Description:
- The route will be marked, and consists of forest roads and narrow paths. It may be mucky and slippy and will be steep in sections so appropriate footwear is recommended. The photos give an idea of what can be expected, and on a clear day the views are great!
- Getting There:
- Glen Theatre, Banteer, Co. Cork
Registration and parking is at the Glen Theatre in Banteer. For those coming from Mallow, head West on the N72 (towards Killarney) for about 20km. Turn left at the R579 junction (signposted Banteer/Nad). Travel on this road for about 3km (going straight through Banteer Village) and the Glen Theatre is on the right hand side.
Parking is limited, so please carpool!
The race starts approx. 1km from the Glen Theatre. There is no parking available at the race start location, so treat this as the warm-up and cool-down. The route to the start is on public roads, so caution is needed.
Please do not attempt to park at the race start location. Registration will not be possible there, the road is narrow, and lorries and farm machinery need access.
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all and the cost is €5. There is no online pre-registration available. Registration will be open at 18:45 and close at 19:45, sharp, to give everyone time to get to the race start.
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, bring the race number given to you at that race as it is valid for the full year.
However, if this is your first IMRA race this year, you must purchase yearly IMRA membership for €10 per person. Please download the membership form, and fill it out beforehand to speed up registration (they will be available on the day too). You will then be given a race number that is used for other IMRA races this year.
Under IMRA rules for competitors safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
- Prizegiving Location:
- Light refreshments will be available at the finish line.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize