- Ballina Tountinna
- Wednesday 30 May, 2018
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 5 (1,2,2) - Easy Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Summer League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route is a double out-and-back configuration, starting at the Graves of the Leinstermen. First it's out and back to the Millennium Cross, then on to the Graves of the Leinstermen and up Tountinna from the northern side which follows a section of the Lough Derg Way, turning back at the mast on the summit, returning by the same route and finishing back at the Graves again.
- Getting There:
- Registration is at the race start at the Grave's of the Leinstermen but parking is limited so PLEASE CARPOOL from the car park of McKeogh's Foodstore/Hardware, in Ballina village.
Coming from the direction of Limerick into Ballina, McKeoghs is just opposite the mini-roundabout in the centre of the village. Go straight on at the mini-roundabout and the car park is just ahead on your right (behind red railings).
To get to the race start from McKeoghs, turn right out of the car park and continue straight out the Portroe Road (R494). Turn right at the junction about 3 miles from Ballina, which is signposted for Graves of the Leinstermen and Millennium Cross (the signposts are right at the junction though, so it's easy to miss it). Follow this road, keeping left at both forks in the road and continue following signs for Graves of the Leinstermen and Millennium Cross. Once you reach the mast, you are at the Graves of the Leinstermen where there will be limited parking.
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all IMRA members and costs €5. There is no online pre-registration available. Please arrive at least 30 mins before race start time to give time for race registration.
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
NEW IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2018!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2018 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2018 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
- Prizegiving Location:
- Tea, sambos & a chat in Mills's Bar in Ballina afterwards.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize