Glenanaar - Canon Sheehan Loop
- Canon Sheehan Loop
- Wednesday 23 May, 2018
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 4 (1,1,2) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Summer League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route will is a variation on the marked Canon Sheehan Loop. For exact route details and a route profile for this run, see the 'maps' tab on this page.
- Getting There:
- Glenanaar Woods, Ballyhoura
Parking is limited, please make every effort to carpool!
From Cork direction, on the N73 between Mallow and Mitchelstown, take the left turn immediately after the junction with the R522 to Doneraile. The correct turn is signposted for Ardpatrick. After 4.3km on this road, take a left turn and the race start is 800m on your right
From Limerick direction, head to Ardpatrick on the R512 from Kilmallock. From Ardpatrick, follow signs for the mountain bike trail centre. Continue past this (following signs for Canon Sheehan Loop) and the Glenanaar/Canon Sheehan Loop forest entrance is on the right after 6km. However, the start point is a little further on so continue past the forest entrance for 500m before turning right. The race start is 800m along this road on the right hand side.
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all IMRA members and costs €5. There is no online pre-registration available. Please arrive at least 30 mins before race start time to give time for race registration.
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
NEW IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2018!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2018 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2018 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize