- Carrauntohill (East from Cronins yard)
- Sunday 22 July, 2018
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Championship
- Route Description:
This is our first "Classic" race! 1st place male & female will receive €500 each. 2nd place male & female Pair of runners / inov8 (or other). 3rd place male & female Pair of runners / inov8 (or other.Starting from Cronin's Yard the race will climb gradually through Hag's Glen until almost the bottom of the Devil's Ladder, here the route bears left (the only part of the course marked), and find the Zigzag path to take up on steep uphill singletrack and emerge close to the summit of Cnoc Na Toinne. Bear right and run the ridge, dropping into the col between it and Carrauntohill. From here head straight to the summit of Carrauntohill and return via same route.
Ps: a cut off time of 1 hour 15min will be imposed at the top of the Zigzag Path. If you have not reached it by then, turn back as race will take you much over 4 hours.
- Getting There:
- Cronin's Yard, Co. Kerry
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all IMRA members and costs €10. There is no online pre-registration available.
To do this race you should have run at least 1 championship race in last 2 years or similar high level unmarked event.
Register 11:30-12:30 on morning. Reg close 12:30.
Briefing 12:45, Kit check enter start pen 12:50. Race start 1pm
****Mandatory Kit Extras: Jacket, Foil blanket, Mobile Phone (usable)
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
NEW IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2018!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2018 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2018 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
- Prizegiving Location:
- Cronin's Yard Tea Rooms
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize