- Glanageenty Marathon
- Saturday 11 December, 2021
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,2,3) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry opens:
- 2021-11-01 06:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2021-11-30 23:59:00
- Entry limit:
- Entry cost:
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
See loop segment here.
- Getting There:
Registration will take place at the Glanageenty walkways trailhead/barrier To get there: take the N21 road from Castleisland towards Tralee and turn right after approx 7 km onto the L2021 road, the half way bar will be on your left after 100 meters. The glanageenty car park is at Q 945-143 and the start is 200 meters south of here at Q 946-1416. From the Half-Way Bar, take the road directly opposite, going past the Post Office. Follow that road a bit, and you take the second left (opposite the church). Then you take the second right, (You will see a sign for Glanageenty trailhead). Follow this road for about 1.5 miles and the car park will be on your left.
- Organisers Instructions:
This race is open to all IMRA members and cost Eur45. There will online pre-registration available closer to the event
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2021!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2021 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2021 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize