- A long distance traverse over the Dublin Peaks (not the original shorter race)
- Saturday 1 August, 2009
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Long Distance Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Dublin Peaks Race
Due to the current unsettled weather and the likely time to complete the course I am making it mandatory to carry a rain jacket. Runners will also be required to have a map, there will be a small number available at registration. There will be a car at the start of the Old Bog Road with water and snacks available. Personal items may be left in it before the race start. Anyone wishing to retire may get a lift back from here once the last runner has gone through. Anyone turning back here will be credited with doing the short version of the race. There will be four manned checkpoint which must be visited out and back
For safety reasons and to limit the time marshalls have to spend out in the elements I am imposing two conditions.
1. I am reserving the right to refuse an entry to anyone unknown to me who fails to convince me that he/she know where they have to go or can manage the distance.
2. Anyone who fails to reach the Old Bog Road checkpoint by 2.15 will have to turn back. I hope runners see the need for this rule and respect it.
- Getting There:
- Ticknock car park. Gr. O 168242
- Organisers Instructions:
- Race three of inaugural long distance championship. Race stats at entrance to Ticknock Wood. Runners must visit each of the following summits, out and back. These points will be manned check points. The route between these points is of the runners choosing.
Fairy Castle 172224
This race can be completed entirely on tracks of some sort however the distance at 36km is considerable and route finding could be tricky. The recommended map is the new Dublin & North Wicklow Mountains by East West mapping.
- Note the map shows only the route out not out and back due to considerations for scale and detail.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize