- Keeper Hill
- Wednesday 25 July, 2012
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (1,3,3) - Easy Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Summer League
- Route Description:
- This route goes to the top of Keeper Hill, which at 694m high is the highest peak in the Shannon area. From the start, head up the forest road. Take the third left, and then the next left to reach the top. Then turn and back the same route.
- Getting There:
- Killoscully, Co. Tipperary
Directions from Newport: if you are coming through Newport from Limerick (heading east on the R503), go over the bridge in Newport and take a left. Go straight out this road and take a right at the graveyard. Take your next left and then next left again (there's about 2.7km between these lefts). This takes you over a small bridge. Follow this road for about 4.5km to Killoscully Village.
Registration will take place in the village, and it will be necessary to carpool to the race start due to limited parking there. Please arrive early to allow for this!
OSI grid reference: R 779 686
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all and the cost is â‚¬5.
Please arrive at 19:00 to give time for race registration.
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, bring your number with you, if not you can speed things up by downloading the membership form and filling it in beforehand, but they will be available on the day as well.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Refreshments afterwars in Ryan's Bar in Killoscully
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize