Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Relay

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Rene BorgApr 2 2016, 4:58pmWICKLOW WAY RELAY ENTRY PROCESS **OFFICIAL**

Entry for the Wicklow Way Relay 2016 will open next Friday (8th of April at 9 pm/21:00) and will remain open until the maximum submission of 30 entries has been received. Last year we received 25 entries while previous years sold out.

Refer for details to FAQ at the end of this mail. Ensure you read all FAQ questions before posting any other questions to this thread so no official answer drowns out in conversation.

Note this whole email is also added to the 'Note' tab on the event page.

REGISTRATION PROCEDURE - STEP BY STEP

Links reference in this guide:

- WWR Entry Form (Doc): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rmgKRM4MutdCS7EU5ycQ5rdzeM_QiKffmvhpRD9Nahc/edit?usp=sharing
- WWR Team Entry and Amendment Form: http://goo.gl/forms/w5YgeZm1U0

Teams wishing to register for the Wicklow Way Relay must follow these steps:

1. Team captain must email a fully completed version of the WWR entry form no earlier than 21:00 on April 8th to:
- rene@championseverywhere.com, CC: rene.borg@outlook.ie AND jason.kehoe@gmail.com (to ensure your entry get's picked up)
- CC: or BCC: your own email so you have proof of submission and confirmation for your own records

2. Await confirmation that your entry has been received and accepted or declined (see FAQ)

3a. If your entry was accepted, you will be asked to fill out the WWR Entry Form. You can use this form later to make changes to your team

3b. If your entry was declined then you will be asked whether you want to be added to the cancellation list

4. If accepted you must further go to 'Purchase IMRA product' page and pay for the entry to the event (this will be available shortly). You must be logged into myIMRA:

https://www.imra.ie/shop/products

If payment does not follow within 48 hours of confirmation, then your team spot will be given to the next time on the waiting list.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

'I'm not used to using Google Docs etc.'

I recommend accessing the links above now, fill out the document today or well ahead of time and play around with the form so you can send any questions you have to the Race Director after your entry is accepted.

'What if more than 30 teams register at the same time'?

In that case, the Race Director and the IMRA committee will decide whether to allow in all the teams that registered on time.

Priority will be given to fully competitive teams (i.e. 8-man squads with 8 senior men are not competitive etc.)

'How will we know whether my team was accepted'?

Confirmation emails will be submitted to all team captains within 24 hours of receipt NOT ON THE EVENING OF REGISTRATION (no time!).

You should also receive a canned response from the ChampionsEverywhere CRM system within minutes of submitting your response.

After closure a list of all accepted teams will be posted on this thread.

'How will we know that the event is full?'

A notification of closure will be posted in the IMRA forum. Once this is received you can still submit an entry but this will go straight on the waiting list. If you do not want to go on the waiting list do not submit a form after closure of registration.

For emergency contact ring Jason Kehoe on 0851414141

'Can I submit more than one team'?

No. One team = One team captain = one submission. This is in order to have only one point of contact per team.

'We are only 2 people who want to share the event between us. Will we be accepted?'

Full teams will be given precedent if both entries are received before closure. However, small teams such as two-man teams are likely (if not certain) to be given dispensation to compete along with the full squads.

But, keep in mind: the bottleneck is not the amount of people on the course but the amount of CARS, so the more full teams take up the available spots the more people can enjoy the event.

'Are there any changes to the event as mooted last year?'

Not this year, however, changes may be revisited for 2017 based on experiences this year.

'I cannot access the tools?'

Please contact rene.borg@outlook.ie for help. If it is a question that you don't have access to the internet, online payment etc. then please delegate captain's responsibilities to a person who has 1) sufficient internet access and 2) can pay by credit card so we do not have to set up an exception process for one or two teams.

'I'm forgetful, what if I miss the deadline?'

Setup a reminder in your calendar straight away. A reminder will be posted in this forum tomorrow 1 or 2 hours before registration but no other reminders will be sent.

'I cannot access the internet for registration at 21:00 on the date the race opens'

Please delegate the responsibility to one of your other members - between eight people there should be a person able to do it.

'What if my internet crashes during sending?'

Send your form to a team mate as your backup and ring them straight away to send the form. Failing that send a text with your team details to 0831982802 and then the form can follow once your internet is back up.

'What if there is a mistake on registration side'

As last year, failure to receive emails because of system issues will lead to either 1) restart of process or 2) dispensation to teams who didn't get through.

'What about updates on recces etc.'?

A second post will follow once all teams are confirmed about these matters. In the meantime look at past years event and begin to get your team started looking at their legs, working on your timings etc

'Can my club or association enter more than one team?'

You can only enter one team to officially represent a club - whether athletics, orienteering, triathlon, walking society or otherwise. Nothing stops individual members of such teams forming separate teams that do not represent the clubs, however.
Shane O'MalleyApr 2 2016, 5:31pmProbably a silly question but what age do you qualify as a vet for the purposes of this race.

Shane
Dermot MurphyApr 2 2016, 5:55pmVet for this race is over 40.
Rene BorgApr 6 2016, 1:19pmJust a reminder to ensure you are ready to register your team on Friday. First come first serve - first 30 teams past the post from 9 pm on Friday get the places.

One team captain = 1 team (same captain cannot submit two teams).

Payment for the event will open Saturday, so once your spot is confirmed you will be asked to register and pay to book your place within 48 hours.

Set a reminder if you think you might miss it.
Rene BorgApr 8 2016, 11:08am10 hours to go :)
Lorcan FarrellApr 8 2016, 11:12amI love the suspense and countdown Rene!! Like a space launch.....
Rene BorgApr 8 2016, 7:56pmWell then Lorcan ....one hours to go :)
Rene BorgApr 8 2016, 8:59pmAnd we're open - registrations can now be submitted. You'll get a confirmation whether you are in or not (if more than 30 submissions are received) after Noon tomorrow.

if we receive less than 30 today then all submissions will be accepted of course.
Rene BorgApr 8 2016, 9:03pm15 entries in 2 minutes :)
Rene BorgApr 8 2016, 10:20pmOk, signing off for the night. 26 team entries were received this evening so far. 4 places remaining.
Rene BorgApr 9 2016, 8:21am29 out of 30 spaces gone as of this morning.

Next team in get's the final place and then subsequent teams go on the waiting list.
Rene BorgApr 9 2016, 2:32pmREGISTRATION CLOSED.

I had two entries 'dead-heat' so will provisionally allow in 31 teams - one over quota but otherwise the race is now closed for registrations and the next registrations will be added to the waiting list.

All teams now need to go to 'Purchase IMRA product' and pay the official fee within 72 hours and that will lock down the place.

Should you realise that your team is a 'no-go' please notify us as early as possible so other teams have a chance to 'jump in' and take the place.

List of registered teams coming next...
Rene BorgApr 9 2016, 2:46pmPlease find the provisional list of the 31 registered teams:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/Wicklow%20Way%20Relay%20-%20provisional%20team%20list%202016%20.pdf

If you are not on the list - and believe you should have been - please contact me asap.

Team captains will receive an email later today with details on how to finalise and change details on your teams.
Rene BorgApr 9 2016, 2:46pmPlease find the provisional list of the 31 registered teams:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/Wicklow%20Way%20Relay%20-%20provisional%20team%20list%202016%20.pdf

If you are not on the list - and believe you should have been - please contact me asap.

Team captains will receive an email later today with details on how to finalise and change details on your teams.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j9l6hsw9cfh0rw3/AAD-54k3FdXfcb4Kk95NvLkaa?dl=0

Brendan LawlorApr 9 2016, 3:07pmHi Rene

Just be aware that you Dropbox link contains a lot more than just the 2016 Provisional Team list - if I was a spy from a neighbouring club (Roundwood say) I'd have a field day going through it all...just sayin as they say...
Rene BorgApr 9 2016, 3:21pmThe data in the file is:

- Team number (entry)
- Team name
- Team Captain
- Club

Not sure what you are saying Brendan...
Rene BorgApr 9 2016, 3:24pmAh, I see what you are saying now Brendan - that was the wrong link!

Admin: can the previous link be deleted. I'll encrypt the rest in the meantime.

Tim ChapmanApr 9 2016, 3:30pmHa ha.

Suddenly everyone dives to the link to see what it was
Brendan LawlorApr 9 2016, 3:38pmWikileaks are all over it - Panama papers will have nothing on this scandal !!
Pól Ó MurchúApr 9 2016, 6:53pmEdited links in your original message Rene to keep spying eyes (say Brendan Lawlor) off all your club secrets... ;-)
Rene BorgApr 10 2016, 11:00amTwo questions that come up:

CAN MY MEMBERS REGISTRATION FORMS BE SEND IN SCANNED DIGITAL COPIES INSTEAD OF HANDED IN AT THE START OF LEG 1?

Yes, send to rene@championseverywhere.com

WHERE IS THE MEMBERSHIP FORM FOR ?

This form is actually no longer available due to the shift to online membership only: https://www.imra.ie/ad-hoc/IMRAMembershipForm2015.pdf

I am checking with the committee whether they want to release form for this purpose solely.
Rene BorgApr 10 2016, 12:27pmLEG DESCRIPTIONS

There has been changes to legs 3 and 6 in particular over the last few years and this year also sees big changes to leg 4. The routes are not massively different in climb and length but for leg 3, 4 and 6 in particular it is a 'true re-route' of the older courses.

Below are some of the GPX files we have compiled over the years showing the routes - some are no longer current and/or missing, so if you have newer links please send them along.

LEG 1 (13.6 km, 470m climb):
https://www.strava.com/activities/92085482
LEG 2 (15 km, 680m climb)
https://www.strava.com/activities/103626946
LEG 3 (8.3 km, 125m climb)
https://www.strava.com/activities/305232985
LEG 4 (9.5 km, 350m climb): https://www.strava.com/activities/103627338
(no longer current version)
LEG 5 (13.7 km, 560m climb):
https://www.strava.com/activities/103558582
LEG 6 (12.7 km, 533m climb):
https://www.strava.com/activities/310369687
LEG 7 (21.1 km, 610m climb):
https://www.strava.com/activities/103626641
LEG 8 (10 km, 147m climb):
https://www.strava.com/activities/56460833
Rene BorgApr 10 2016, 6:38pmFirst team on the waiting list:

32. Piranha Tri Club
Rene BorgApr 11 2016, 5:02pmMEMBERSHIP FORM FOR NON-IMRA MEMBERS RUNNING

Everyone: for those members of your team who will only sign up for a 1-day membership of IMRA below is the link to the form to have them fill out:

http://media.imra.ie/ad-hoc/MembershipForm2016.pdf

You can return it in two ways:

1. Physically just before the start at leg 1
2. By email in scanned copy with signature
Jeff SwordsApr 12 2016, 10:44amHi Rene,

Can you check the links to the jpg's on the event page for each leg? I know you posted links to Strava activities for each leg anyway but just to clarify leg 8 for example.

I used to have them downloaded from previous years but they must be on an old laptop as I can't find them now.
Rene BorgApr 12 2016, 12:44pmUpdated waiting list:

32. Piranha Tri Club
33. Where's Patrick
Rene BorgApr 12 2016, 12:46pmHi Jeff, at the moment we don't have an updated image file for leg 8.
Rene BorgApr 12 2016, 3:16pmVolunteers are needed for this event. Currently we have marshals for the start of Leg 1/2 hand-over and the leg 4/5 handover.

I need marshals/time-recorders for:

Leg 1 (starting only - Kilmashogue)
Leg 2/3 hand-over (Lough Tay)
Leg 3/4 handover (Oldbridge)
Leg 5/6 hand-over (Drumgoff)
Leg 6/7 hand-over (Iron-bridge)
Leg 7/8 hand-over (Cross-bridge)
Finish (Kenny's in Shillelagh)
Rene BorgApr 12 2016, 3:18pm21 of 31 teams have paid up and confirmed their registration.

Remaining 10 - please complete payment by tomorrow or contact us with issues.

You must be logged into MyIMRA to pay.
Jim FitzharrisApr 12 2016, 3:22pmRene,

I can do handover marshal at Lough Tay - tied up later in the day so need an early one!

I have entered my name as a volunteer.

Cheers,

Jim.
Jim FitzharrisApr 12 2016, 3:27pmRene,

IMHO, you really need TWO volunteers at Oldbridge: one to record times and the other as car park marshal as some of the locals are very touchy about cars parked on verges / outside their houses, etc.

I did the dual role once and it was just as well I had no more hair to lose .....

I nearly ran as far as some of the contestants going back and forth between the bridge and errant car-parkers!!

Cheers,

Jim.
Rene BorgApr 13 2016, 7:28pmMakes sense Jim - two volunteers it is for leg 6/7 hand-over.
Karen DevenneyApr 13 2016, 10:04pmRene, Oldbridge is the Leg3/4 handover
Niamh GarveyApr 13 2016, 11:20pmHi Rene,
Does Leg 8 finish at the Dying Cow this year or at Kenny's Pub, Shillelagh? (It says the Dying Cow in the 'details' section and Kenny's in the post above).
I can marshal at Leg 1 if you still need someone. Will enter my name as a volunteer.
Thanks, Niamh
Jim FitzharrisApr 14 2016, 10:11amThanks Karen - you beat me to it!

No doubt Rene was thinking of Ironbridge which is the leg 6/7 handover.
Rene BorgApr 14 2016, 11:12am@ Karen: Jim is correct

@ Niamh: Last year's finish was a once-off work-around. finish is back to usual
Caoimhín MacMaoláinApr 18 2016, 12:46pmHi, Does anyone have a link to the written ww relay leg descriptions please? These were available somewhere in previous years (and were very useful) but I can't find them now. Thanks.
Brendan Murphy72Apr 18 2016, 6:26pmChecked out the newly routed Leg 4 today. The new bit is nice. A strava track for the whole leg is here. https://www.strava.com/activities/549122050
James HigginsApr 25 2016, 1:18pmCaoimhín, I have a word doc dating back to 2005 with the descriptions. I don't know how to post here but even if I could it is not up to date for legs 3, 4, 6, & 7.

Back in the day this was very useful with updates posted by people who had done a recee which kept it up to date.
Rory CampbellApr 26 2016, 11:17amThere are diversions still in place from Glenmalure. See this link for detail.
http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/newsevents/news/read-article/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=590&cHash=9c9aae5400f6f49420bdf75667a11683
Rene BorgApr 26 2016, 4:46pmWICKLOW WAY RELAY BRIEFINGS

Below please find the 'original' briefings from pioneer race director Joe Lalor amended to reflect latest 'realities'. You must circulate these to all your team members:

BRIEFING PART 1

It is that time of year again when the annual wind up for the Wicklow Way Relay starts. For the sake of the many new runners let me start with what most of you know well by now.

The event is limited to 30 teams to minimise traffic disruption in some very rural areas (if more than one arrives in same post as 30th they scrape through).

For the moment entry form and rules can be found on the 2015 page where it is not working for 2016.

BRIEFING 2

At this stage you should have your team picked, each member matched to the distance and terrain of their leg, your entry and remittance in and training sessions organised (forms at www.imra.ie). If not you are behind schedule, so you better get cracking for the limited number of teams places available.

As team leader you will be aware of one of the rules which states that each runner must be familiar with their leg of the relay, the best way to do this is to do a training run on the appropriate route.

The last few years saw the event won and lost on the changeovers. The logistics of getting your runners in place in time should not be underestimated. Don't leave it to the day to find out how to get to these places, give some thought to travel arrangement for incoming and outgoing runners. The more runners you have does not necessarily make things easier. Check last years results (again on site), this will give you very good guide lines of times for each leg.

Start training: Over the coming weeks build up your distance, meet others doing the WWR and discuss tactics, and maybe get on a team or pick up new team members.

Consider maps and guides:
Maps: 1. To cover the full route Discovery Series OS 56 and 62 are needed, scale 1:50000

2. The Harvey map of Wicklow (1:30000) has excellent colour definition and is most recent. It covers Prince Williams Seat to Lugnaquilla, stages 2 to 5

3. The largest scale map available at 1:25000 is Pat Healy’s map of Glendalough and Glenmalure (healyp@eircom.net)covers stages 4 to 6

Guides:1. Wicklow Way Map Guide EastWest Mapping

2. The complete Wicklow Way O'Brien Press

3. OS Wayfarer Series Wicklow Way OS

BRIEFING PART 3

Logistics: Each team will be expected to have their own support crew or supply their own logistics.

Changeover: Know where the change over places are, well in advance. If you are using WW guide books (covered in week 1 note, it is on the site) the maps may not extend wide enough to cover the access roads needed. You will need to research this.

Transport: Transport to and from changeover will be an important item to solve early on.

If you are a team of two (only to be considered by elite runners who have already done the distance training required) one car, with each runner ?leapfrogging? each other, is all that is required. There will be plenty of time for one runner to drive to next stage while other runner is completing stage.

For teams with larger number of runners there are various strategies, for example a car between every two or three runners or a non- running member doing the driving. The stage ends have been picked for suitability for parking a few cars but all are in very rural areas and we would like to keep our intrusion to a minimum so could car pooling be practiced where possible.

Water, Food & Clothing: Race day is usually a fine day so plenty of water on most stages will be vital. It is safest that each runner will carry all the water they require for their stage and their support will have replacement food and water at stage end. It will not be possible for the organisers to supply either of these at stage end. Stages 1 to 6 are across open mountains and suitable clothing will need to be worn or carried. Remember that the weather forecast cannot be relied upon and that the weather can change dramatically during the course of a 9-hour event. Therefore all runners should carry a long-sleeved top and rainproof jacket.

BRIEFING PART 5

as of the previous few years there will be a mass start in Drumgoff (start of leg 6) at 1.15pm for all runners whose leg 5 team member has not arrived by then. Finish times will be adjusted accordingly for any team involved. This is necessary to speed up arrival time of last leg runners of slower teams at finish and reduced the considerable time race officials will be needed at the later stages of the race.

BRIEFING PART 6 (FINAL)

6:29pm Final Briefing. Parking

At this stage of the run-in to WWR I have over the years said a few words about parking
Before I deal with this issue in detail could I make the following point? The success and future of this popular event without exaggerate depends on our parking behaviour, every year we have some complaints. So could team leaders make sure all, particularly new comers, to the event see and take heed of the following

Most of the WW is in remote rural areas. We try to restrict our impact on the local population. We can do this by keeping the number of cars to as few as possible and parking correctly.

There is not a major parking issue in Kilmasogue (although I would not advise leaving a car overnight).

At Curtlestown there is limited parking. Please do not block in an already parked car or park just outside the parking area as there are two bad blind bends, rather find safe parking and walk back.

At Old Bridge there is a new house at the cross, however beyond the cross (left) towards Lough Dan there are two areas for walkers parking with about 5 minutes walk back to the cross.

Glendalough. A reminder that the change over here is now on the Green Road. Please keep the entrance to the interpretative centre clear.

This year the owners of the Glenmalure Lodge Hotel do not want us to park in their customers car park but very generously have offered us a field free of charge to park in. So please ALL traffic connected to WWR please go through cross and park in first field on left.

The parking at Iron Bridge is very tight. No VANS please, I have mentioned this before!!! We must expect the worst (as happened four years ago) a timber truck and trailer needed to get through and could not.

At the Derry River due to persistent bad parking we lost access (and local good will) to the bridge area and leg 7 had to be extended. As of the last two years parking is in Crossbridge only. Absolutely no parking at Derry River bridge (even for spectating) and no cars up narrow laneway that runners take to handover. If you don't understand these instructions please find out. Leg 7 is across private land and permission to use this can be withdrawn at any time and is dependent on these agreed parking arrangements being followed.

The weather can be very unpredictable so be prepared for heat or storms. Follow instructions of marshal at bridge on leg 4, this could change on the day from what has been communicated to team leaders. Best of luck have a great time.
Rene BorgApr 26 2016, 4:54pmStart and finish

There are only two exceptions to the rule of 'follow the official Wicklow Way whereever it goes on the day':

Start: The Wicklow Way starts at Kilmashogue Car Park NOT in Marlay Park at the official WW start.

Overview of it here: http://www.dublinmountains.ie/recreation_sites/kilmashogue/

Finish: Kenny's Pub in Shillelagh

Hand-over clarifications

Leg 1 to leg 2 hand-over is the Curtlestown car park which you can see details on here (not Cloon further West!) http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/?id=171&rec_site=17

the exact hand-over is as you cross the gate just before the trail emerges onto the road section here.

The hand-over spot between leg 2 and leg 3 is the same as in previous years despite the leg 3 having been routed off the road at that point.

The hand-over remains at the black and yellow Coillte gate at the end of the car park close to the Lough Tay viewing point.

the hand-over between leg 4 and 5 may also not be obvious to new teams. It is essentially simple: you follow the Wicklow Way into Glendalough and past the Glendalough Hotel and the Glendalough Visitor's Centre. You will cross the small bridge and enter the part of the WW that is also called the Green Road (towards glenmalure). A marshal will be seen within a few hundred metres at one of the benches. This is the hand-over spot.

For leg 5 to 6 the hand-over spot is just after you run through the main junction at the Glenmalure Lodge.

For leg 6 to 7 the exact hand-over is right on the middle of Ironbridge.

The leg 7 to 8 hand-over is on the final stretch of road near cross-bridge just as the Wicklow Way points you uphill onto the final trail section of the race.
Rene BorgApr 27 2016, 10:47amUPDATE ON TEAM DETAILS

If your team is 'locked down', please enter into our race database as soon as you are able:

http://goo.gl/forms/w5YgeZm1U0

You can still amend this entry until Friday the night before the race at 5 pm.
Rene BorgApr 27 2016, 11:40amLEG 6 DIVERSIONS

Please note there are extensive diversions in place on leg 6. the leg will be significantly shorter, have much less climb and have extensive road sections instead of trail. Any records this year will not be counted in the history books:

http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/newsevents/news/read-article/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=590&cHash=9c9aae5400f6f49420bdf75667a11683

It's even more essential to recce this carefully to ensure you are clear about the diversions and don't handicap your team by doing the 'old route'.

hopefully leg 6 will be 'back to normal' by 2017.
Rene BorgApr 27 2016, 11:41amA map by Jason Dowling of the changes to leg 6:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153760965463318&set=gm.1712255259021816&type=3&theater

new route in blue.
Rene BorgApr 29 2016, 10:57amLEG 3 - IMPORTANT NOTES

Last year there were changes to leg 3 - the handover spot between leg 2 and 3 remains the same as before (the black and yellow Coillte gate) but the leg 3 runner no longer runs directly down onto the road from here.

Instead they run 'back on themselves' about 100m and follow the new official Wiclkow Way Trail over the little hill and down through the forest boardwalks. They will emerge on the road close to the Pier Gates and from there the route is unchanged ... EXCEPT

A number of large trees fell midway on the trail in the Ballinafunshoge Woodland. I had expected these would have long been removed as this is month's ago. Reports tell me that the trees are still down but that a small path to the left will lead you around them and back on trail within a few hundred metres.

I will confirm this for myself but in the meantime when you recce leg 3 please make note of this 'hindrance' and the best and safest way to get around it on the day as we cannot count on it being removed and the trees are of a size that make a manual job on it impossible.
Jason KehoeApr 29 2016, 3:41pm-------------------------
VOLUNTEER UPDATE

Roll up! Roll up! We require 10 more volunteers for a smooth event volunteer wise.

Volunteer list as it stands. Many thanks for all the regular stalwarts, be sure to add your name to the volunteer list for Brucie bonus points!

Current assignments:
1) Kilmashogue/ 07:00 - Jason Kehoe (Starter) & Graham Bushe (Registrations) & Jeff Fitzsimons (Traffic)
2) Curtlestown/ 07:55 - Orla McEvoy (Handover marshall) & Peter O'Farrell (Chief bottle washer)
3) Lough Tay/ 08:55 - Jim Fitzharris (Handover marshall) & [TRAFFIC MARSHALL NEEDED]
4) Oldbridge/ 09:20 - Aoife Joyce (Handover marshall) & Niamh Garvey (Traffic) & [2ND TRAFFIC MARSHALL NEEDED]
5) Glendalough/ 10:00 - Lindie Naughton (Handover marshall) & [2ND MARSHALL NEEDED]
6) Drumgoff/ 10:55 - MASS START - 13:15 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL NEEDED] & [2 X TRAFFIC MARSHALL NEEDED]
7) Ironbridge/ 11:45 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL NEEDED] & [2 X TRAFFIC MARSHALL NEEDED]
8) Crossbridge/ 13:00 - Jean O'Neill (Handover marshall) & [TRAFFIC MARSHALL NEEDED]
9) Finish Line: Shillelagh/ 13:35 - Joe Lawlor (Finish marshall)

Thanks,
Jason
Mick HanneyApr 29 2016, 7:26pmLeg 6 update. Recced this this evening with Dermot Murphy.
Garmin Track here. https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1146809348

A few notes:-
- It is consistent with the coillte notice referenced but signage could be improved. A recce is essential.
- A lot more road running as a result. Leg is shortened too so times will be quicker.
- Heading out from Glenmalure you avoid the traditional immediate right turn onto the WW fire-road. You are sign-posted to stay on road.
- Up the road a ways you are signposted back into the forest fireroad and you follow the 'soft-underfoot' WW offroad section steeply uphill, before you rejoin the road again.
- You basically follow the road now until the cross-over point over to the left.
- At the top, initial signs (for old WW) are taped over, so you stay on road. But, confusingly, as you travel on road and look right parallel to you, you will see WW signs that Coillte haven't taped over.
- I think we just need to be clear to follow the road here, as this road section is what was used in prior years.
- Lastly, and I think most importantly. The amount of road running here is going to bring runners more into potential meetings with cyclists who will be travelling fast downhill, so people need to be wary on the day and keep your wits about you. The cyclists won't be expecting to meet runners on the road.
Jeff SwordsApr 29 2016, 7:47pmIt looks like you come out on the road where the diversion was 3 years ago, is that right Mick?
Mick HanneyApr 29 2016, 7:53pmThats it.
Mick HanneyApr 30 2016, 8:21amLeg 6 stats
2015: 12.7k, 533m climb.
2016: 10.4k, 466m climb.
Mick HanneyMay 3 2016, 3:20pmTo avoid confusion can we remove reference to the finish being an out-and-back at the Dying cow from the details, as this is updated in the discussion - to a normal finish at Shillelagh. At the moment if you read everything its a contradiction. Thanks.
Rene BorgMay 3 2016, 3:27pmthat's updated Mick.
Mick HanneyMay 3 2016, 9:50pmThanks. How are you fixed for volunteers?
Rene BorgMay 4 2016, 9:06amHI Mick, status is still as of Jason's latest VOLUNTEER UPDATE further up the thread.
Laurence QuinnMay 6 2016, 2:51pmWe're looking for historical results to predict leg times. All the links I found for these seem to be broken. Does anybody have a working link for these?

Thank you!
Rene BorgMay 6 2016, 3:54pmTry the link below Laurence:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR%202002-2015.xlsx

I few notes on predicted based on historical results:

leg 3: changed course last year - 2015 times are the only ones worth looking at
leg 4: has seen a small change - won't affect times much
leg 6: will be much faster than normal this year due to the detour
leg 8: last year was re-routed so results are off

Because of the large temporary change to leg 6, any record on the total length would not count as a new record for the overall WWR.
Sinead TigheMay 8 2016, 4:57pmHi Renne just quick question about leg 3 I have been up last 2 days checking out this leg before I emerge onto the road do I come over 3 stiles and field or go alongside a farm both ways bring me out onto road so Im not sure which is correct
Rene BorgMay 8 2016, 7:10pmhi Sinead,

You come off the fire-road following the sign between the trees and cross the first stile into the grassy field (downhill), then you cross the second stile which goes through another grassy field (flat, muddy) and you cross the third stile/kissing gate and enter the narrow rocky trail at which end there is another stile. This is where you emerge on a wider fire-road and turn left onto the road and the final kilometres to Oldbridge junction.

A good tip for recceing in general: never look backwards at any markers. Markers viewed from the back are often intended to guide the opposite direction and can confuse. If you look at them only the direction you run I find they are always pointing exactly where you must go.
Sinead TigheMay 9 2016, 9:18amWhen I turn left and go onto the larger fire road at the end of this do I turn right and continue on normal road to Old Bridge for few km
thanks Sinead
Rene BorgMay 9 2016, 6:54pmHi Sinead, yes, that's it. As you come up to the end of that fire-road you'll see a large brown sign saying 'Wicklow Way' pointing towards Glendalough. There is another sign-post similar at the OldBridge junction hand-over. The next yellow man is when your leg 4 runner leaves the road and get's back on trail.
Aileen BrightMay 9 2016, 9:21pmHi Jason, myself and Tim Charnecki can marshall at Glendalough if still required? Thanks, Aileen
Sinead TigheMay 9 2016, 10:24pmThanks Rene for all your help

Sinead
Jean O'Neill2May 11 2016, 12:50amI have been listed for changeover 7/8 at Crossbridge. I replied to Jason's email offering to do Drumgoff instead-I'm not happy to do 7/8.
Rene BorgMay 11 2016, 8:02amhi Aileen, Lindie Naughton is on the duty at Glendalough at the moment - she does not a second and no harm bringing Tim as there will be some changes around the car park and could be good to have a person warning runners.
Rene BorgMay 11 2016, 8:03amPARKING CHANGES IN GLENDALOUGH

On the date of the Wicklow Way Relay pay parking will be in operation both in the Glendalough Hotel and Visitor Centre car parks. This is a new permanent measure in the area so:

1. bring the necessary cash (€4) or you risk having to go search for parking further away
2. Bring minimum cars to Glendalough unless you're happy to pay multiple fees
Aileen BrightMay 12 2016, 9:48amHi Rene, great, count us in for Glendalough. Aileen
Torben DahlMay 12 2016, 12:50pmHi Rene, quick question on Leg 8: When reaching Dying Cow, you leave the WW, i.e. you do not take the right turn before the pub, but instead you continue straight on and follow the road to Shillelagh?

Thanks.

Torben
Paul MahonMay 13 2016, 9:35amFor leg 5 to 6 changeover at Glenmalure Lodge / Drumgoff please use field on left between cross and bridge for parking as requested by pub owners who own this field too :-).

There is a pedestrian gate from this field up to rear of regular car park.

Pub car park is to be left for "normal" pub customers thanks.
Rene BorgMay 13 2016, 9:46am@ Torben: yes that's right.

@ Paul: When did you speak to the owners? When Jason and I spoke to them we were told they could not make a decision on the use of field until the day and hte marshal on the day would need to check in whether to use that or the car park, so just want to confirm what they actually want us to do.
Laura FlynnMay 13 2016, 4:29pmI am available to Marshall at one of the 1st three legs Rene if you still need someone. Can't do later legs I'm afraid
Jean O'Neill2May 13 2016, 5:25pmRene, am I doing Drumgoff? See my previous message of 11th. Thanks.
Rene BorgMay 13 2016, 5:27pmJean, Jason is in charge of the marshals. I don't get involved. I forwarded your comment to him and I am sure he has seen it and will be in touch shortly.
Rene BorgMay 13 2016, 5:27pmJean, Jason is in charge of the marshals. I don't get involved. I forwarded your comment to him and I am sure he has seen it and will be in touch shortly.
Rene BorgMay 13 2016, 5:28pmJean, Jason is in charge of the marshals. I don't get involved. I forwarded your comment to him and I am sure he has seen it and will be in touch shortly.
Angus TynerMay 13 2016, 5:38pmMandatory Jacket? Or can you use your race director's discretion card to waiver this rule?
Karen DevenneyMay 13 2016, 6:25pmThere is NO RD discretion when it comes to jacket rule, they're mandatory, end of!
Diarmuid MeldonMay 15 2016, 1:36pmIf I don't have time to reccee leg 8 - is it relatively straight forward if I just follow the wicklow way signs?

Thanks
Mick HanneyMay 15 2016, 1:42pmDiarmuid - always advisable to recce. Famous last words for people to say route finding is straight-forward. Theres some junctions that are hard to explain without seeing them.

If you need support on a recce pop me an email on hanneymick at gmail dot com as I'm living in south Wicklow and might be able to oblige, earlier in the week the better.
Laurence QuinnMay 15 2016, 2:33pmDiarmuid, if you don't manage a recce you at least have the last 7km of leg 8 on Google street view and you could check out most of the start on a warm up on the day
Damien McParlandMay 16 2016, 12:34pmHi Rene/Jason, I have added myself as a volunteer for Saturday. I can do traffic marshal at Lough Tay or Oldbridge but can't do later than that I'm afraid. I remove myself if those slots have been filled. Thanks, Damien
Paul MahonMay 17 2016, 6:18pmHi Rene,
Michael told me that about parkign at Glenmalure last Thursday night.
I am guessing that when you spoke to him previously he might have been afraid to commit his field in case it was wet but unless deluge before the w/e I woudl think it should be ok but for sure get marshal there to check in pub on arrival
Jason KehoeMay 18 2016, 12:04am****************
VOLUNTEER UPDATE - WE NEED MORE!
Thanks to new volunteers which are added now. HOWEVER...We are still at risk of not having an event on Saturday due to a shortage of 2 handover marshals (leg 7/8) and 5 traffic marshals (leg 6/7/8). We surely have many people running who can also do a stint at car park marshalling and get an easy volunteer role done.

Current assignments:
1) Kilmashogue/ 07:00 - Jason Kehoe (Starter) & Graham Bushe (Registrations) & Jeff Fitzsimons (Traffic)
2) Curtlestown/ 07:55 - Orla McEvoy (Handover marshall) & Peter O'Farrell (Chief bottle washer)
3) Lough Tay/ 08:55 - Jim Fitzharris (Handover marshall) & James Higgins (Traffic)
4) Oldbridge/ 09:20 - Aoife Joyce (Handover marshall) & Niamh Garvey (Traffic) & Damien McParland (Traffic)
5) Glendalough/ 10:00 - Lindie Naughton (Handover marshall) & Glendalough A/C member (Time / Path Clearance)
-----
6) Drumgoff/ 10:55 - MASS START - 13:15 - Jean O'Neill (Handover marshall) & [2 X TRAFFIC MARSHALL NEEDED]
7) Ironbridge/ 11:45 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL NEEDED] & [2 X TRAFFIC MARSHALS NEEDED]
8) Crossbridge/ 13:00 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL NEEDED] & [TRAFFIC MARSHALS NEEDED]
------
9) Finish Line: Shillelagh/ 13:35 - Joe Lawlor (Finish marshall)

Drop me an email at jason@ChampionsEverywhere.com or reply on the forum.

/
Jason KehoeMay 18 2016, 12:17am@Laura - we could probably use someone to ensure parking is decent on leg 2 handover and that we aren't blocking public cars in carpark. Orla will be there on her own until Peter finishes the 1st leg and she can't be worrying about parking. Let me know if that suits.

Thanks!

J.
Jenny Uí ShéMay 18 2016, 7:32amHi Jason I replied to you already but I could hopefully help in crossbridge
Jenny
Lindie NaughtonMay 18 2016, 9:49amTesting - think I've recovered my MyImra.
Lindie NaughtonMay 18 2016, 9:49amTesting - think I've recovered my MyImra.
Lindie NaughtonMay 18 2016, 9:50amHas anyone space in a car going back to Kilmashogue after the first leg?
Laura FlynnMay 18 2016, 10:33amThat's no problem Jason. Can you just confirm the time I need to be there?
Lindie I could drop you back to kilmashogue but I may be under a bit of time pressure as I need to be at Wheelworx for 11 to drop a bike for shipping to Lisbon. Do you think that would tie in with your plans?
Jason KehoeMay 18 2016, 11:15am****************
VOLUNTEER UPDATE - 1 Marshall + 5 Traffic needed!

@Jennie - Thanks!
@Laura - Thanks, 7:25am should do it before everyone gets settled
@ Aileen Bright & Tim Charnecki - Thanks, have you down to help Lindie with times and keeping path clear for runners and the public, around 9:30 should be lots of time to be there.

Please keep offers coming for below legs only!
-----
6) Drumgoff/ 10:55 - MASS START - 13:15 - Jean O'Neill (Handover marshall) & [2 X TRAFFIC MARSHALLS NEEDED]
7) Ironbridge/ 11:45 - [HANDOVER MARSHALL NEEDED] & [2 X TRAFFIC MARSHALLS NEEDED]
8) Crossbridge/ 13:00 - Jennie Ui-She & [TRAFFIC MARSHALL NEEDED]
------

/
Rene BorgMay 18 2016, 11:54amBen Mooney, veteran, is looking for a team in need of a super-sub or late replacement.
Michael CunninghamMay 18 2016, 2:25pmCan anyone give details on the changes to leg 4. Are they minor and obvious route changes
Jeff SwordsMay 18 2016, 2:32pmHi Michael,

As long as you have your eyes open the change is obvious. They occur as you come off Paddock Hill, you get to the style at the fence and you swing a right now, not straight, and you have a nice zig zag run through the woods.
James CurranMay 18 2016, 5:23pmHave just volunteered mobile 0876543312.
Rene BorgMay 18 2016, 5:48pmLeg 6 clarification document. Please send to all your leg 6 runners:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/…/Leg%206%20clarification…
Jason KehoeMay 18 2016, 8:53pm****************
VOLUNTEER UPDATE - Parking & Traffic marshals needed
@James - Thanks, I have you confirmed for Handover marshal at Leg 6 Ironbridge.

We still need traffic & parking marshals, especially for handover areas 6/7.

If your team are planning on being included in the mass start at Drumgoff there is potentially a lot of hanging around for you and lots of time to help out with marshalling.

It is essential we have multiple marshals at the Drumgoff crossroads for safety reasons. We won't be going ahead without them unfortunately. Runners, team cars, public cars, cyclists and hikers potentially coming from four directions.

/
Lindie NaughtonMay 18 2016, 9:43pmLaura - thanks for the offer. It's for our leg 1 runner, who now has to drop out...Not sure what we'll be doing now.
Niall LynchMay 19 2016, 10:34amJason, I can help out with traffic & parking at leg 6/7 if you're still short of volunteers, let me know what time to be there and who to report to.
all the best,
Niall.
Jason KehoeMay 19 2016, 1:22pm@Niall - Thanks! Get there for 10:30am. You essentially report to yourself! Myself and Rene will be floating around all day but you can liaise with Jean and if able you can help Jean get numbers from the incoming runners and ensure time of day is accurately recorded to the second. Keep teams and waiting runners out of the way of traffic at the crossroads. Direct teams to normal car park or the field if we have use of it. Ask in the bar when you get there. Let cars at crossroads know if there are incoming runners imminent.

Any offers to help Niall out there or leg 7?

J/
James CurranMay 19 2016, 2:14pmJason,

Just to confirm.

I do handover Marshall at leg 6 Ironbridge. You said 11:15AM for 11:45 first runner.

Take number, team name and time of day to the second.

Correct?
Jason KehoeMay 19 2016, 2:55pm@James - That's exactly right, thanks again!

j/
Jason KehoeMay 19 2016, 2:55pm@James - That's exactly right, thanks again!

j/
Mick HanneyMay 19 2016, 3:03pmJason - I can assist at Ironbridge. Please confirm when you need me.
Jason KehoeMay 19 2016, 3:19pm@Mick - thanks for that! 11:15am to marshall parking and traffic. Ensuring free parking spaces for passing cars and maybe directing people to park at the other side of the bridge if carpark full would also help. Also no cars parked within 50m of the corner runners turn onto the bridge will help the runners a bit.

Cheers,
j/
Jean O'Neill2May 19 2016, 4:16pmHow do I get a list of teams with names, team number, legs that each one is running, etc, so that I can tick them off as they go through the changeover (I am the changeover marshall at Glenmalure)? Can't find this info anywhere. Thanks.
Rene BorgMay 19 2016, 4:38pmHi Jean

the list was earlier in this thread:

A few teams have 'folded':

Team 18
Team 26
Team 31

And one late addition has been added:

Team 32 - Mountain Swifts

I will post a final list tomorrow
Rene BorgMay 19 2016, 5:12pmLet the obsessing about competitors begin:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR%20Full%20Team%20Details%202016.xlsx

Full team list except for team 3 and 31 whose details should come up shortly.

All teams competitive so far - i.e. have the right mix of vets and female runners.
Jim FitzharrisMay 19 2016, 5:35pmThanks Rene. Very useful for the handover marshals!

Via Rene and Jason, can everyone taking part please note their team NUMBER and name for handover purposes?

I seem to recall runners coming in at handovers not knowing either!

There is no team 19 in the Excel file?

Will you be issuing instructions to the handover marshals, i.e. about recording times, etc.?

Cheers,

Jim.
Rene BorgMay 19 2016, 5:44pmHi Jim

we don't have their details yet.

I have added an empty line for them.
Tadhg RyanMay 20 2016, 9:10amHi,I can help with traffic on leg 7 if needed. Tadhg
Rene BorgMay 20 2016, 10:40amTeam captains please check your details are correct ahead of tomorrow:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR%20Full%20Team%20Details%202016.xlsx

Team 3 details now updated - we are only missing details for team 19 and 31.
Jason KehoeMay 20 2016, 11:03am@Tadhg - thanks! If you get there at 11:30am that should be fine. All cars except yours and Jennie's and WWR Officials are to be directed to park at other side of the hill. Cheers, Jason.
Brendan O'BrienMay 20 2016, 12:26pmHi Rene,

I thought Piranha was Team 32?

Just about to upload amendments doc.

Thanks
Brendan
Rene BorgMay 20 2016, 12:36pmYou were just forgotten Brendan. Please upload your details - so we are missing you (team 32), team 19 and 31.
Peter O'FarrellMay 20 2016, 1:15pm@Jim Fitz,
My marshalling leader Orla tells me we will record the time of day for the runners arrival time and assume the race starts on time - 07:00:00 on the button.

Assuming everyone has a Garmin watch or similar the timing will then be consistent across the day.

@de runners, as Jim said, you call out your team number, not your name/team name/IMRA number/et cetera..

Looking forward to it now.
Paul MahonMay 20 2016, 2:34pmIf still in need of traffic Marshals at Drumgoff, Hilary and I can help there from about 11.15am providing no one our our teams including us get lost or are slower than estimates. Let us know if needed thanks :-)
Jason KehoeMay 20 2016, 2:38pm@Paul - yes please you know how busy it can get there. Keep teams off the junction and out of traffic etc. Thanks!
Jason KehoeMay 20 2016, 2:50pm************************************
FINAL VOLUNTEER LIST & INSTRUCTIONS:
All roles now filled - Thank you!!

Place / Approx Arrival Times / Marshals / Other Info
Leg 1) Kilmashogue/ 07:00 - Jason Kehoe (Starter) & Graham Bushe (Registrations) & Jeff Fitzsimons (Traffic)

Leg 2) Curtlestown/ 07:55 - Orla McEvoy (Handover marshall) & Peter O'Farrell (Chief bottle washer) & Laura Flynn (traffic)
*** Keep wide path free for outgoing runners from coillte gate, keep an eye on traffic as runners hit the road.

Leg 3) Lough Tay/ 08:55 - Jim Fitzharris (Handover marshall) & James Higgins (Traffic)
***Keep cars from blocking car park entrance and traffic in general

Leg 4) Oldbridge/ 09:20 - Aoife Joyce (Handover marshall) & Niamh Garvey (Traffic) & Damien McParland (Traffic)
*** The locals here are easily upset! No cars are to park at the ENTIRE JUNCTION WHICH IS VISIBLE (besides WWR volunteers) or on verges or blocking gates/fields; tell them to turn right towards Lough Dan. There are several parking spots up the road so they should park and walk / run back. Team Drivers are particularly reluctant here for fear of a walk (about 5 mins).

Leg 5) Glendalough/ 10:00 - Lindie Naughton (Handover marshall) & Aileen Bright & Tim Charnecki (Times/Path Clearance)
***Keeping the path clear of waiting teams is paramount which gives Marshal and runners a clear line of sight. Please help Lindie with time recording as we need exact times for leg records and she usually takes some photos. New pay parking introduced so we don't want to see teams parking / setting down on yellow lines or paths around the entrance.

Leg 6) Drumgoff/ 10:55 - MASS START - 13:15 - Jean O'Neill (Handover marshall) & Niall Lynch & Paul Mahon & Hilary Jenkinson (traffic/parking)
*** Whoever is first here, please speak to Anne (owner of Glenmalure Lodge) or the manager to confirm where cars should park. The changeover should be JUST AFTER the crossroads. If carpark and field are both full, redirect cars up the Glenmalure valley but we should be ok.

Leg 7) Ironbridge/ 11:45 - James Curran & Mick Hanney (traffic) & Tadhg Ryan (traffic)
*** Very tight for parking and potential blocking of large vehicles. Ensure parking is sensible and junctions very clear for incoming and outgoing runners. Best send people over the bridge for parking when carpark full.

Leg 8) Crossbridge/ 13:00 - Jennie Ui-She & Catherine Devitt
*** Parking is at the far side of the hill and there are no cars allowed up to the changeover point (besides WWR volunteers).

Leg 9) Finish Line: Shillelagh/ 13:35 - Joe Lawlor (Finish marshall)

HANDOVER MARSHALL DUTIES
Keep a finish list of runners with following:
1.Team Number
2.Exact time of day HH:MM:SS (to the second - use your smart phone or GPS watch)
3.Team Name (nice to have)
4.Runner Name (nice to have)

If a runner goes missing, it's the responsibility of the team to look for them. Keep me informed if you can and any decision to call out mountain rescue rests with me.

When you close off your checkpoint take a photo of results and whatsapp it or email it to me: Jason.Kehoe@gmail.com Ph:0851414141

TRAFFIC/PARKING MARSHALL DUTIES
1. Help keep our incoming runners safe - This does not mean they have right of way on public roads.
2. Direct team cars to parking. In tight areas ensure space between cars so other cars can pass on the road. Keep handover points clear of cars so incoming and outgoing runners don't have to run around/through them if possible.
3. If needed make traffic aware that there are runners/people on the roads e.g. fast tavelling cars.
4. Direct waiting teams to stay off roads and well out of public traffic
5. Remember you are not 'da law' but an essential and friendly facilitator to the race and public! However, any teams / runners / registration of cars found to not be complying with your reasonable instructions or acting in a way which brings disrepute to the race should be reported to us for sanctions i.e. time penalties / disqualification.

Enjoy your day and the good vibes of helping stage a memorable event to help our junior teams!

/Jason/
Niall LynchMay 20 2016, 3:26pmJason,

really sorry, but I won't be able to do traffic at leg 6 tomorrow, I have to come back to Dublin after my leg and take over child minding duties as my wife is not well.

Sorry for the last minute notice, I wanted to help out because it's such an enjoyable event and I'd like to see it continue.

best of luck,

Niall.
Rene BorgMay 20 2016, 5:41pmFinal update to the team file has been made and no more updates are now possible if your team is to remain competitive:

Team 31 fell by the wayside, so we will have 29 teams towing the start line tomorrow - 5 more than last year.

Good luck to everyone - get some sleep, enjoy a nice meal and get psyched up for tomorrow. Jason will kick you all off at 7 am at Kilmashogue and I will see you a bit further on up the way and if not before - in Shillelagh for the prize-giving.

Looking over the teams this could be a very hotly contested year both for the medal positions and the always prestigious 'top-10' finish.

Every team is also competitive this year - enjoy the day!
Richard NunanMay 20 2016, 7:22pmThanks to Rene and Jason for getting 29 teams to the line - good luck with the organisation tomorrow and good luck to all taking part, in what is always a great day out !!!
Rene BorgMay 20 2016, 8:33pmEveryone, I got a very late question (so first advice: don't leave questions on the route 'till Friday evening) about what route to follow for leg 8.

You follow the markers from the Dying Cow to Kenny's Pub in Shillelagh as has been the case all years except last year. Hope no one had that wrong - but just in case, that's the score.
Jean O'Neill2May 20 2016, 9:47pmI don't have a Smart phone or GPS to set the time. Actually its very difficult to change the time on my watch. And my phone doesn't show seconds. Sorry about this, I didn't think about it till now. Hopefully one of the parking marshalls can lend a watch. Also I can't email the list to you either.
Adrian Tucker RIPMay 21 2016, 9:40pmSome photo's uploaded but something went amiss and you'll have to lean sideways while viewing, until I get it sorted!!
James H CahillMay 22 2016, 10:50amThank you Rene, Jason and all the handover marshals, parking marshals, supporters, teammates for a great day in the hills yesterday. It was my first Wicklow Way Relay and what a great event it is. Brilliant fun
Rene BorgMay 22 2016, 1:26pmLeg 1 Time1 Split1
Paul Fleming 08:00:07 1:00:03
Peter O'Farrell 08:00:56 1:00:52
James Haynes 08:01:18 1:01:14
Amidou Dembele 08:03:40 1:03:36
John Bell 08:04:22 1:04:18
Mick Hanney 08:04:35 1:04:31
James murphy 08:04:44 1:04:40
Jimmy Lawlor. 08:06:08 1:03:36
Ed McEntee 08:06:53 1:03:36
Derek Hunter 08:07:22 1:07:18
Brian Leonard 08:07:28 1:07:24
Ed Hayes 08:07:41 1:07:37
Anthony O'Reilly 08:08:01 1:07:57
Brian O Murchu 08:09:19 1:09:15
Patrick Stratford 08:09:37 1:09:33
Pat Fitzgerald 08:12:32 1:12:28
Michael Heatley 08:13:45 1:13:41
Padraig somers 08:13:52 1:13:48
Sue Widdowson 08:17:11 1:05:59
Mark Melia 08:17:36 1:17:32
Philip Brennan 08:18:58 1:18:54
Shay Foody 08:18:58 1:18:54
Tadgh Ryan 08:19:38 1:19:34
Patricia McLoughlin 08:19:48 1:19:44
Keith mulvey 08:23:24 1:23:20
Mark Horvath 08:24:19 1:24:15
John connolly 08:24:19 1:07:57
Derek Livingstone 08:29:54 1:29:50
Eva Fairmaner 08:31:42 1:31:38
Rene BorgMay 22 2016, 2:03pmLEG 1 RESULTS (CORRECTED)

Leg 1 Time1 Team Pos 1 Split1
Paul Fleming 08:00:07 1 1:00:03
Peter O'Farrell 08:00:56 2 1:00:52
James Haynes 08:01:18 3 1:01:14
Amidou Dembele 08:03:40 4 1:03:36
John Bell 08:04:22 5 1:04:18
Mick Hanney 08:04:35 6 1:04:31
James murphy 08:04:44 7 1:04:40
Jimmy Lawlor. 08:06:08 8 1:06:04
Ed McEntee 08:06:53 9 1:06:49
Derek Hunter 08:07:22 10 1:07:18
Brian Leonard 08:07:28 11 1:07:24
Ed Hayes 08:07:41 12 1:07:37
Anthony O'Reilly 08:08:01 13 1:07:57
Brian O Murchu 08:09:19 14 1:09:15
Patrick Stratford 08:09:37 15 1:09:33
Pat Fitzgerald 08:12:32 16 1:12:28
Michael Heatley 08:13:45 17 1:13:41
Padraig somers 08:13:52 18 1:13:48
Sue Widdowson 08:17:11 19 1:17:07
Mark Melia 08:17:36 20 1:17:32
Philip Brennan 08:18:58 21 1:18:54
Shay Foody 08:18:58 21 1:18:54
Tadgh Ryan 08:19:38 23 1:19:34
Patricia McLoughlin 08:19:48 24 1:19:44
Keith mulvey 08:23:24 25 1:23:20
Mark Horvath 08:24:19 26 1:24:15
John connolly 08:24:19 26 1:24:15
Derek Livingstone 08:29:54 28 1:29:50
Eva Fairmaner 08:31:42 29 1:31:38
Rene BorgMay 22 2016, 2:27pmLEG 2 RESULTS
Leg 2 Time2 Team Pos 2 Split2
Niall Lynch 09:09:37 1 01:09:30
Turlough Conway 09:12:13 2 01:11:17
Ben Mangan 09:14:52 3 01:13:34
Michael Kiely 09:19:00 4 01:14:16
Mikey Fry 09:19:19 5 01:14:57
Paul Gilart 09:23:23 8 01:15:42
Barry Drennan 09:23:05 7 01:15:43
Paul Mahon 09:24:40 9 01:16:39
Anthony Flynn 09:29:36 13 01:17:04
Fechin Heery 09:27:21 11 01:17:44
Brian mc guckin 09:26:20 10 01:18:52
John buckley 09:47:17 20 01:23:53
Alan Byrne 09:28:48 12 01:24:13
Dermot macken 09:48:29 22 1:15:43
Kevin Curran 09:21:26 6 1:15:43
Andy Trafford. 09:32:28 16 1:15:43
Derek Leahy 09:29:50 14 1:15:43
Paul Keville 09:43:17 18 01:24:19
Barry O'Neill 09:31:12 15 01:27:32
Richard Nunan 09:38:42 17 01:29:23
Declan Moyles 09:49:58 23 01:30:10
Tommy Galvin 10:00:18 26 01:30:24
Martin Caddow 09:50:16 24 01:30:38
Gary Cullen 09:45:11 19 01:31:26
Damien Molloy 09:51:07 25 01:32:09
Stephanie Barnewall 10:05:01 29 01:33:19
Syl ivers 09:47:58 21 01:34:06
Mark Horvath 10:01:12 28 01:36:53
Brian Cully 10:00:40 27 01:43:04

LEG 3 RESULTS
Leg 3 Time3 Team Pos 3 Split3
Brendan O'Brien 10:05:23 9 00:35:33
Niamh Devlin 09:59:00 5 00:35:37
Donna Mahon 09:47:58 2 00:35:45
Ilona McElroy 09:55:44 4 00:36:44
Terry Kavanagh 10:22:56 16 00:37:45
Mike Long 09:52:39 3 00:37:47
Linda Byrne 09:47:43 1 00:38:06
Linda Fahy 10:01:24 7 00:38:19
Stephanie Bergen 09:59:51 6 00:38:25
Tanya Sheridan 10:39:48 25 00:39:30
Claire O'Callaghan 10:10:54 13 00:39:42
Aoife Quigley 10:06:24 11 00:40:04
Sinead Tighe 10:30:27 20 00:40:11
Vanessa McShane. 10:12:45 15 00:40:17
Linda O'Connor 10:42:15 26 00:41:03
Eilis Connery 10:05:49 10 00:41:09
Sinead Leavy 10:31:07 21 00:41:09
ann lynch 10:08:44 12 00:41:23
Tara Byrne 10:11:17 14 00:42:29
Daniela Boehm 10:03:26 8 00:44:07
Hazel Thompson 10:27:35 18 00:44:18
Louise Sloan 10:50:48 29 00:45:47
Jean bader 10:34:34 22 00:46:36
John Rowe 10:49:36 27 00:48:56
Mags fitzgerald 10:36:20 23 00:49:03
Eithne bowe 10:39:19 24 00:50:50
Karen Devenney 10:29:42 19 00:51:00
Kate Veale 10:25:44 17 00:56:08
Patricia Paffen 10:50:35 28 00:59:28

LEG 4 RESULTS
Leg 4 Time4 Split4 Ind Post 4
Eoin McLoughlin 10:29:00 00:41:02 1
Laura Shaughnessy 10:29:20 00:41:37 2
Roisin byrne 11:16:16 00:41:42 3
Michael Cunningham 10:42:10 00:42:19 4
Sonya McConnon 10:43:00 00:44:00 5
Eamon Mc Walter 10:51:50 00:45:26 6
Alison Underwood 11:16:16 00:46:34 7
Gemma reddin 10:43:05 00:47:21 8
Rene Borg 10:58:19 00:47:25 9
Eoin Kennedy 11:18:12 00:47:45 10
Dermot Leonard 11:38:03 00:48:27 11
Becky Quinn 10:52:07 00:48:41 12
Roisin Long 10:42:00 00:49:21 13
Jeff Swords 11:30:55 00:51:07 14
Roland Griffin 11:02:38 00:51:21 15
Deirdre o'riordan 11:28:48 00:52:28 16
Donna Quinn 11:16:24 00:53:28 17
Dee Fortune. 11:06:52 00:54:07 18
Sandra Prendergast 11:19:58 00:54:14 19
Johnny Marcelin 11:44:57 00:54:22 20
Martin murphy 11:04:31 00:55:47 21
Hilary Jenkinson 11:02:52 00:57:03 22
Aileen Flynn 11:02:38 00:57:15 23
Linda O'Connor 11:39:44 00:57:29 24
Colleen Robinson 11:26:02 00:58:27 25
Noel scully 11:38:33 00:59:14 26
John Quinn 11:53:24 01:02:36 27
Lorraine Gleeson 11:34:30 01:03:23 28
Ursula Byrne 11:27:37 01:26:13 29

LEG 5 RESULTS
Leg 5 Time5 Start6 Split5
Alban coghlan 11:37:47 00:54:42
David Power 11:26:10 11:27:10 00:57:10
Colm O'Connell 11:26:47 00:57:27
Shane Boyle 12:25:10 00:57:33
Stephen Perry 12:03:50 01:01:12
Ronan King 11:53:57 01:01:50
Angus Tyner 12:00:40 01:02:21
Robbie Heffernan 12:05:40 01:02:48
Jonathan Quinn 11:45:15 01:03:15
Caoimhin MacMaolain 11:46:42 01:03:42
Diarmuid Meldon 12:08:40 01:06:02
Pat Quill 11:58:11 01:06:21
Duncan barrett 12:35:10 01:06:22
Keith O'Shea. 12:16:15 01:09:23
Olivier Privat 11:51:34 01:09:24
Aisling Kirwan 12:28:29 01:12:05
Niamh Garvey 12:44:25 01:13:30
Kevin cunningham 12:18:47 01:14:16
Fergal Buckley 12:53:29 01:14:56
Roisin McDonnell 12:43:26 01:17:24
Orlaith Nason 12:55:01 01:20:31
Shay Foody 13:08:32 01:23:35
John Hallahan 13:04:10 01:24:26
declan Swords 13:04:27 01:26:24
Emma Sokell 13:24:40 13:15:00 01:31:16
Yev Chizhikov 12:51:32 01:31:34
Stephen Bailie 12:48:15 01:31:59
John byrne 12:48:55 01:32:39
Mark Pearce 13:07:07 01:48:55
Rene BorgMay 22 2016, 2:32pmLEG 6 RESULTS

Leg 6 Time6 Team Pos 4 Split6
Louis McCarthy 12:10:58 1 00:43:48
Warren Swords 13:31:42 17 00:47:17
Rory Campbell 13:13:28 14 00:48:18
Aonghus O'Cleirigh 12:34:05 4 00:48:50
Andy Nason 12:35:45 5 00:49:03
Jason O'Neill 12:52:55 8 00:49:05
James Brady 12:42:25 6 00:50:51
Gary park 12:29:05 3 00:51:18
Dermot Murphy 12:45:23 7 00:51:26
Niall Corrigan 12:53:20 9 00:52:40
Alan Butler 12:21:06 2 00:54:19
Terry Lawless 13:38:00 19 00:54:34
Donal Linehan 13:11:40 13 00:55:25
James Cottle 12:54:18 10 00:56:07
Linda Clarke 13:05:09 11 00:56:29
Ivan mahon 13:31:43 18 00:56:33
Laurence Briody 13:16:17 15 00:57:30
Colm Kenna 13:27:00 16 00:58:31
Robert Farrell 14:03:00 23 00:58:33
Anto kelly 13:47:35 20 00:58:40
Alan Hogan 13:51:03 21 00:59:31
Niamh O'Ceallaigh 13:05:21 12 00:59:41
Karen Clarke 14:09:30 25 01:02:23
Damien Molloy 14:11:25 27 01:02:53
Lorcan Farrell 13:51:27 22 01:03:12
Martin Price 14:27:00 29 01:12:00
Karen johns 14:07:20 24 01:13:51
Patricia Murphy 14:11:15 26 01:16:14
John Hallahan 14:22:50 28 01:18:40
Rene BorgMay 22 2016, 2:39pmLEG 7 RESULTS

Leg 7 Time7 Start8 Split7
Brendan Murphy 13:43:57 01:22:51
Ciaran Diviney 14:00:20 01:31:15
Torben Dahl 14:36:59 01:31:38
gerard heery 14:48:15 01:31:58
Darren Mooney 14:25:27 01:32:32
Laurence Quinn 14:07:21 01:33:16
Michael Freeley 13:45:53 01:34:55
Damian Kelly 14:18:00 01:35:35
Andre Van Barnveld. 14:47:17 01:35:37
Barry Murray 14:29:27 01:36:07
Martin Francis 14:25:15 01:39:52
Stephen Connon 15:50:20 01:40:50
Alasdair Brown 14:17:18 01:41:33
Brian Rodgers 14:55:22 01:41:54
Ted OLeary 15:34:23 15:51:23 01:43:20
Michael Maughan 14:38:38 01:44:20
Rob McEvoy 16:09:40 01:46:50
John McCann 15:41:34 01:50:07
Cormac O Ceallaigh 16:17:25 01:50:25
Maureen Lowther 15:55:16 01:52:16
Cathal martin 15:59:38 01:52:18
Derek Cullen 15:21:27 01:54:27
Juju jay 15:28:08 01:56:25
Kevin O'Riordan 15:34:48 01:56:48
Patrick Bamming 16:09:45 01:58:20
James Cahill 15:33:57 02:02:15
Brendan Murphy 16:13:54 02:02:39
John Kearney 15:15:35 02:10:26
Cedric mouzet 15:59:55 02:12:20
Rene BorgMay 22 2016, 2:53pmLEG 8 RESULTS

Leg 8 Finish Split8
Ronan Kearns 14:20:24 00:36:27
Brian Maher. 15:28:03 00:40:46
Anthony cahill 16:09:08 00:41:00
Robert Costello 14:58:19 00:41:01
Noreen Brouder 15:00:52 00:42:52
James Clancy 16:16:50 00:42:53
Rachel Wisdom 15:12:33 00:43:06
Jarlath Hynes 16:24:50 00:43:16
Desie Shorten 15:20:22 00:43:23
Valerie Cole 14:29:40 00:43:47
Colin mcshane 16:43:50 00:43:55
Geraldine gill 15:32:30 00:44:15
Peter Bell 15:10:09 00:44:54
Mick Carolan 16:35:55 00:45:35
Bruce Philips 16:07:48 00:46:21
Sean Hassett 16:21:33 00:46:45
Paul O'Rourke 15:42:30 00:47:08
Jane Wallace 15:26:39 00:48:01
Aoife Mc Cavana 14:55:27 00:48:06
Fiona Goor 15:14:30 00:49:03
Pat Hayes 17:03:54 00:50:00
Vinnie McGuinness 14:55:50 00:55:30
Patrick Loughnane 16:11:16 00:55:41
Emma parkinson 16:51:23 00:56:07
Rob McEvoy 17:06:21 00:56:41
Regina Byrne 17:10:32 01:00:47
Cora Marshall 17:18:42 01:01:17
Ray Hahesy 16:41:20 01:06:57
Jess kitt o'loughlin 17:54:57 01:55:19
Rene BorgMay 22 2016, 2:55pmFINAL TEAM RESULTS

Team name TOTAL
TT Racers 7:20:02
Rathfarnham WSAF 7:28:18
UCDO 7:55:05
Crusaders AC 7:55:28
Hurt Squad 7:57:57
Sportsworld 8:00:30
Mountain Swifts 8:09:47
Glendalough AC 8:12:11
Tinahely Tri 8:14:08
The Squirrels 8:20:00
the mountain crew 8:26:17
Croghan Warriors 8:27:41
mullaghmeen warriors 8:32:08
Dunshaughlin Demons 8:42:08
Laragh Legends - Studs, Sweat and Stunners 9:07:26
MSR 9:08:46
Piranha - Hungry For More 9:10:54
Not fast, just furious 9:16:28
The Setanta Pace-SET-ters 9:21:11
Liffey Trailrunners 9:24:28
Brothers Pearse AC 9:35:33
West Waterford AC 9:40:58
Gap trail runners 9:43:28
Bravehearts 9:51:01
Le Cheile 10:03:32
Munster Mountain Monsters 10:05:59
Dublin Frontrunners 10:10:10
Wicklow Waysters 10:28:00
Out and about 10:54:35
Rene BorgMay 22 2016, 3:06pmLEG 5-8 (CORRECTED)

Leg 5 Time5 Start6 Team Pos 5 Split5
Alban coghlan 11:37:47 3 00:54:42
David Power 11:26:10 11:27:10 1 00:57:10
Colm O'Connell 11:26:47 2 00:57:27
Shane Boyle 12:25:10 15 00:57:33
Diarmuid Meldon 12:00:42 10 00:58:04
Stephen Perry 12:03:50 11 01:01:12
Ronan King 11:53:57 7 01:01:50
Angus Tyner 12:00:40 9 01:02:21
Robbie Heffernan 12:05:40 12 01:02:48
Jonathan Quinn 11:45:15 4 01:03:15
Caoimhin MacMaolain 11:46:42 5 01:03:42
Pat Quill 11:58:11 8 01:06:21
Duncan barrett 12:35:10 17 01:06:22
Keith O'Shea. 12:16:15 13 01:09:23
Olivier Privat 11:51:34 6 01:09:24
Aisling Kirwan 12:28:29 16 01:12:05
Niamh Garvey 12:44:25 19 01:13:30
Kevin cunningham 12:18:47 14 01:14:16
Fergal Buckley 12:53:29 23 01:14:56
Roisin McDonnell 12:43:26 18 01:17:24
Orlaith Nason 12:55:01 24 01:20:31
Shay Foody 13:08:32 28 01:23:35
John Hallahan 13:04:10 25 01:24:26
declan Swords 13:04:27 26 01:26:24
Emma Sokell 13:24:40 13:15:00 29 01:31:16
Yev Chizhikov 12:51:32 22 01:31:34
Stephen Bailie 12:48:15 20 01:31:59
John byrne 12:48:55 21 01:32:39
Mark Pearce 13:07:07 27 01:48:55

Leg 6 Time6 Team Pos 6 Split6
Louis McCarthy 12:10:58 1 00:43:48
Alan Butler 12:21:06 2 00:54:19
Gary park 12:29:05 3 00:51:18
Aonghus O'Cleirigh 12:34:05 4 00:48:50
Andy Nason 12:35:45 5 00:49:03
James Brady 12:42:25 6 00:50:51
Dermot Murphy 12:45:23 7 00:51:26
Jason O'Neill 12:52:55 8 00:49:05
Niall Corrigan 12:53:20 9 00:52:40
James Cottle 12:54:18 10 00:56:07
Linda Clarke 13:05:09 11 01:04:27
Niamh O'Ceallaigh 13:05:21 12 00:59:41
Donal Linehan 13:11:40 13 00:55:25
Rory Campbell 13:13:28 14 00:48:18
Laurence Briody 13:16:17 15 00:57:30
Colm Kenna 13:27:00 16 00:58:31
Warren Swords 13:31:42 17 00:47:17
Ivan mahon 13:31:43 18 00:56:33
Terry Lawless 13:38:00 19 00:54:34
Anto kelly 13:47:35 20 00:58:40
Alan Hogan 13:51:03 21 00:59:31
Lorcan Farrell 13:51:27 22 01:03:12
Robert Farrell 14:03:00 23 00:58:33
Karen johns 14:07:20 24 01:13:51
Karen Clarke 14:09:30 25 01:02:23
Patricia Murphy 14:11:15 26 01:16:14
Damien Molloy 14:11:25 27 01:02:53
John Hallahan 14:22:50 28 01:18:40
Martin Price 14:27:00 29 01:12:00

Leg 7 Time7 Start8 Team Pos 7 Split7
Brendan Murphy 13:43:57 1 01:22:51
Ciaran Diviney 14:00:20 3 01:31:15
Torben Dahl 14:36:59 10 01:31:38
gerard heery 14:48:15 13 01:31:58
Darren Mooney 14:25:27 8 01:32:32
Laurence Quinn 14:07:21 4 01:33:16
Michael Freeley 13:45:53 2 01:34:55
Damian Kelly 14:18:00 6 01:35:35
Andre Van Barnveld. 14:47:17 12 01:35:37
Barry Murray 14:29:27 9 01:36:07
Martin Francis 14:25:15 7 01:39:52
Stephen Connon 15:50:20 22 01:40:50
Alasdair Brown 14:17:18 5 01:41:33
Brian Rodgers 14:55:22 14 01:41:54
Ted OLeary 15:34:23 15:51:23 19 01:43:20
Michael Maughan 14:38:38 11 01:44:20
Rob McEvoy 16:09:40 26 01:46:50
John McCann 15:41:34 21 01:50:07
Cormac O Ceallaigh 16:17:25 29 01:50:25
Maureen Lowther 15:55:16 23 01:52:16
Cathal martin 15:59:38 24 01:52:18
Derek Cullen 15:21:27 16 01:54:27
Juju jay 15:28:08 17 01:56:25
Kevin O'Riordan 15:34:48 20 01:56:48
Patrick Bamming 16:09:45 27 01:58:20
James Cahill 15:33:57 18 02:02:15
Brendan Murphy 16:13:54 28 02:02:39
John Kearney 15:15:35 15 02:10:26
Cedric mouzet 15:59:55 25 02:12:20

Leg 8 Finish Split8 Ind Pos 8
Ronan Kearns 14:20:24 00:36:27 1
Brian Maher. 15:28:03 00:40:46 2
Anthony cahill 16:09:08 00:41:00 3
Robert Costello 14:58:19 00:41:01 4
Noreen Brouder 15:00:52 00:42:52 5
James Clancy 16:16:50 00:42:53 6
Rachel Wisdom 15:12:33 00:43:06 7
Jarlath Hynes 16:24:50 00:43:16 8
Desie Shorten 15:20:22 00:43:23 9
Valerie Cole 14:29:40 00:43:47 10
Colin mcshane 16:43:50 00:43:55 11
Geraldine gill 15:32:30 00:44:15 12
Peter Bell 15:10:09 00:44:54 13
Mick Carolan 16:35:55 00:45:35 14
Bruce Philips 16:07:48 00:46:21 15
Sean Hassett 16:21:33 00:46:45 16
Paul O'Rourke 15:42:30 00:47:08 17
Jane Wallace 15:26:39 00:48:01 18
Aoife Mc Cavana 14:55:27 00:48:06 19
Fiona Goor 15:14:30 00:49:03 20
Pat Hayes 17:03:54 00:50:00 21
Vinnie McGuinness 14:55:50 00:55:30 22
Patrick Loughnane 16:11:16 00:55:41 23
Emma parkinson 16:51:23 00:56:07 24
Rob McEvoy 17:06:21 00:56:41 25
Regina Byrne 17:10:32 01:00:47 26
Cora Marshall 17:18:42 01:01:17 27
Ray Hahesy 16:41:20 01:06:57 28
Jess kitt o'loughlin 17:54:57 01:55:19 29
Rene BorgMay 22 2016, 3:21pmLEG 2 (CORRECTED)

Derek Leahy 09:29:50 14 01:12:39
Kevin Curran 09:21:26 6 01:14:33
Dermot macken 09:48:29 22 01:24:10
Andy Trafford. 09:32:28 16 01:26:20
Rene BorgMay 22 2016, 3:21pmLEG 2 (CORRECTED)

Derek Leahy 09:29:50 14 01:12:39
Kevin Curran 09:21:26 6 01:14:33
Dermot macken 09:48:29 22 01:24:10
Andy Trafford. 09:32:28 16 01:26:20
Jeff SwordsMay 22 2016, 3:42pmThanks Rene.

For selfish purposes are the corrected results with team position after leg 4 on the way?
Rene BorgMay 22 2016, 3:56pmI don't think there are any errors in leg 4 Jeff. but this is the latest. No more updates will be posted after this - final file will be loaded and can be referenced henceforth:

Leg 4 Time4 Team Pos 4 Split4
Eoin McLoughlin 10:29:00 1 00:41:02
Laura Shaughnessy 10:29:20 2 00:41:37
Roisin byrne 11:16:16 15 00:41:42
Michael Cunningham 10:42:10 4 00:42:19
Sonya McConnon 10:43:00 5 00:44:00
Eamon Mc Walter 10:51:50 7 00:45:26
Alison Underwood 11:16:16 15 00:46:34
Gemma reddin 10:43:05 6 00:47:21
Rene Borg 10:58:19 9 00:47:25
Eoin Kennedy 11:18:12 18 00:47:45
Dermot Leonard 11:38:03 25 00:48:27
Becky Quinn 10:52:07 8 00:48:41
Roisin Long 10:42:00 3 00:49:21
Jeff Swords 11:30:55 23 00:51:07
Roland Griffin 11:02:38 10 00:51:21
Deirdre o'riordan 11:28:48 22 00:52:28
Donna Quinn 11:16:24 17 00:53:28
Dee Fortune. 11:06:52 14 00:54:07
Sandra Prendergast 11:19:58 19 00:54:14
Johnny Marcelin 11:44:57 28 00:54:22
Martin murphy 11:04:31 13 00:55:47
Hilary Jenkinson 11:02:52 12 00:57:03
Aileen Flynn 11:02:38 10 00:57:15
Linda O'Connor 11:39:44 27 00:57:29
Colleen Robinson 11:26:02 20 00:58:27
Noel scully 11:38:33 26 00:59:14
John Quinn 11:53:24 29 01:02:36
Lorraine Gleeson 11:34:30 24 01:03:23
Ursula Byrne 11:27:37 21 01:26:13
Jeff SwordsMay 22 2016, 4:03pmSorry Rene, I didn't mean there were errors in the leg 4 results you posted. Wrong phrase to use I suppose but I meant leg 4 results with the team standings included which you just posted there now.

Thanks.
Caoimhín MacMaoláinMay 22 2016, 4:04pmRene and volunteers - thanks very much for such a great event yesterday. Brilliantly organised and great fun as usual.
Rene BorgMay 22 2016, 4:54pmFull results file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR2016_FullResults.xlsx

Updated historical result file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR%202002-2016.xlsx

the last file allows you to compare times year on year both between individuals on legs and teams. So if you want to see how your performances rates in the 'overall scheme of things', just use the filters.
Mick HanneyMay 23 2016, 10:31amWhat a great event this is. Thanks to Rene and Jason and everyone else that helped. As a participant (leg 1) and a helper this year (leg 7 start) you can feel that this race has a special vibe about it. Everyone gets into the spirit of it and long may it continue.
Rene BorgMay 23 2016, 11:35amMajor error on leg 3 and leg 4 - only affected two runner's times but quite significantly, so reposted below:

LEG 3 CORRECTED

Entry time was wrong for Niamh Devlin. Her time was 36:27 and not 35:37.

Leg 3 Time3 Team Pos 3 Split3
Brendan O'Brien 10:05:23 9 00:35:33
Donna Mahon 09:47:58 2 00:35:45
Niamh Devlin 09:59:50 5 00:36:27
Ilona McElroy 09:55:44 4 00:36:44
Terry Kavanagh 10:22:56 16 00:37:45
Mike Long 09:52:39 3 00:37:47
Linda Byrne 09:47:43 1 00:38:06
Linda Fahy 10:01:24 7 00:38:19
Stephanie Bergen 09:59:51 6 00:38:25
Tanya Sheridan 10:39:48 25 00:39:30
Claire O'Callaghan 10:10:54 13 00:39:42
Aoife Quigley 10:06:24 11 00:40:04
Sinead Tighe 10:30:27 20 00:40:11
Vanessa McShane. 10:12:45 15 00:40:17
Linda O'Connor 10:42:15 26 00:41:03
Eilis Connery 10:05:49 10 00:41:09
Sinead Leavy 10:31:07 21 00:41:09
ann lynch 10:08:44 12 00:41:23
Tara Byrne 10:11:17 14 00:42:29
Daniela Boehm 10:03:26 8 00:44:07
Hazel Thompson 10:27:35 18 00:44:18
Louise Sloan 10:50:48 29 00:45:47
Jean bader 10:34:34 22 00:46:36
John Rowe 10:49:36 27 00:48:56
Mags fitzgerald 10:36:20 23 00:49:03
Eithne bowe 10:39:19 24 00:50:50
Karen Devenney 10:29:42 19 00:51:00
Kate Veale 10:25:44 17 00:56:08
Patricia Paffen 10:50:35 28 00:59:28

LEG 4 CORRECTED

Roisin Byrne had been listed with 41:42 - real time was 62:38. Sonya McConnon's time was wrong - she ran 43:10 instead of 44:00.

Sonya McConnon 10:43:00 5 00:43:10
Alison Underwood 11:16:16 15 00:46:34
Eoin Kennedy 11:18:12 17 00:47:45
Jeff Swords 11:30:55 22 00:51:07
Deirdre o'riordan 11:28:48 21 00:52:28
Donna Quinn 11:16:24 16 00:53:28
Sandra Prendergast 11:19:58 18 00:54:14
Colleen Robinson 11:26:02 19 00:58:27
Roisin byrne 11:37:12 24 01:02:38
Lorraine Gleeson 11:34:30 23 01:03:23
Ursula Byrne 11:27:37 20 01:26:13
Rene BorgMay 23 2016, 11:39amAnyone find any other glaring errors (not a few seconds - that's just time-keeping vs. watch) please email me.
John Byrne May 23 2016, 12:20pmCan you change my time on Leg 5
Because Roision Byrne on Leg 4 was on my team 15
Thanks
Rene BorgMay 23 2016, 12:26pmIt's automatically changed in the overall results file. you can reference it there John.
Rene BorgMay 23 2016, 1:47pmLEG 4 AND LEG 5 (CORRECTED)

Two teams times had been mixed up. this affects the times of Alison Underwood, Stephen Baillie, Ursula Byrne and shane Boyle.

LEG 4

Sonya McConnon 10:43:00 5 00:43:10
Eoin Kennedy 11:18:12 17 00:47:45
Jeff Swords 11:30:55 22 00:51:07
Deirdre o'riordan 11:28:48 21 00:52:28
Donna Quinn 11:16:24 16 00:53:28
Sandra Prendergast 11:19:58 18 00:54:14
Alison Underwood 11:27:37 20 00:57:55
Colleen Robinson 11:26:02 19 00:58:27
Roisin byrne 11:37:12 24 01:02:38
Lorraine Gleeson 11:34:30 23 01:03:23
Ursula Byrne 11:16:16 15 01:14:52

LEG 5

Leg 5 Time5 Start6 Team Pos 5 Split5
Alban coghlan 11:37:47 3 00:54:42
David Power 11:26:10 11:27:10 1 00:57:10
Colm O'Connell 11:26:47 2 00:57:27
Diarmuid Meldon 12:00:42 10 00:58:04
Stephen Perry 12:03:50 11 01:01:12
Ronan King 11:53:57 7 01:01:50
Angus Tyner 12:00:40 9 01:02:21
Robbie Heffernan 12:05:40 12 01:02:48
Jonathan Quinn 11:45:15 4 01:03:15
Caoimhin MacMaolain 11:46:42 5 01:03:42
Pat Quill 11:58:11 8 01:06:21
Duncan barrett 12:35:10 17 01:06:22
Shane Boyle 12:25:10 15 01:08:54
Keith O'Shea. 12:16:15 13 01:09:23
Olivier Privat 11:51:34 6 01:09:24
John byrne 12:48:55 21 01:11:43
Aisling Kirwan 12:28:29 16 01:12:05
Niamh Garvey 12:44:25 19 01:13:30
Kevin cunningham 12:18:47 14 01:14:16
Fergal Buckley 12:53:29 23 01:14:56
Roisin McDonnell 12:43:26 18 01:17:24
Orlaith Nason 12:55:01 24 01:20:31
Stephen Bailie 12:48:15 20 01:20:38
Shay Foody 13:08:32 28 01:23:35
John Hallahan 13:04:10 25 01:24:26
declan Swords 13:04:27 26 01:26:24
Emma Sokell 13:24:40 13:15:00 29 01:31:16
Yev Chizhikov 12:51:32 22 01:31:34
Mark Pearce 13:07:07 27 01:48:55
Jason KehoeMay 23 2016, 1:56pmTaken from FB page where pictures available.

For the last number of years IMRA have commissioned mountain runner and talented stonemason Richie Healy to create unique trophies for the Wicklow Way Relay, Wicklow Way Race and Carrauntoohil races. Richie has run the WWR race with Crusaders A/C quite a few times before his 'temporary retirement' and was usually entrusted with delivering a good performance on leg 1 which he always did. He knows how special the event is and what it means to competing teams.

His work features throughout some of the country's historic landmarks including Áras an Uachtaráins gardens. This year he revamped the iconic WW yellow man.

"When I was asked to do the Medals for the Wicklow way relay, it was mentioned about a design change and to consider bringing in some new design elements. With this in mind I decided to take the iconic Wicklow way man and drop his bag and walking stick. Get him running and put a relay baton in his hand. The stone I have used is Dublin granite from Walsh's quarry near the Blue Light Pub. It's only on the other side of the hill from where the race starts and I think this adds a nice connection."

They are highly sought after prizes and the trophies the three teams won will have pride of place in the competitors trophy cabinets I would think.

You can see more of his beautiful work here: http://www.richardhealysculptures.com/

Thank you Richie!

/J.
Torben DahlMay 23 2016, 6:01pmA big thanks to Rene, Jason and all the volunteers for organising this unique event. Very well organised! Thanks to fellow runners and supporters for great company. You can't beat the special IMRA atmosphere. Another great day for Ireland! :)