Wicklow Way Relay
- A relay race from Kilmashogue to Shillelagh along the Wicklow Way
- Saturday 21 May, 2016
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,2,3) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry opens:
- 2016-04-09 00:00:00
- Entry limit:
- Entry cost:
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
The Wicklow Way must be followed as signposted, unless specifically listed below. Leg Descriptions are available but they are a little out of date so use as a guide only. When in doubt, look around you! Or post here. Also, no shortcuts are allowed and teams risk being disqualified if reported. Taking the shortcuts on the road on leg 3 and leg 6 will result in 2 minute time penalties.
- Leg 8: Stay on the Wicklow Way running past until the Dying Cow. From here detour off the Wicklow Way to Kenny's Pub in Shillelagh (this will be marked)
- Leg 1
- Leg 2
- Leg 3 (out of date - use as guideline only)
- Leg 4 (out of date - use as guideline only)
- Leg 5
- Leg 6
- Leg 7 (out of date - use as guideline only)
- Leg 8 route (this year's route in purple): Elevation profile leg 8
- Getting There:
- Teams are responsible for their own logistics. Its worthwhile getting the official Wicklow Way maps to details.
- Organisers Instructions:
Teams consisting of between 2 and 8 runners will run the Wicklow Way in Relay. There are eight stages, between 8km and 21km long.
Currently 28 teams are ready to go for the relay. href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR%20Full%20Team%20Details%202016.xlsx">HERE
Please note all runners must know their team number (as per file) and provide this to the finish marshal at each legMass start at Drumgoff in Glenmalure will start as usual at 13:15. If your team is not in Glenmalure at that time you must ensure your leg 6 runner is ready to start with the mass start.
- Prizegiving Location:
Kennys Pub, Shillelagh
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize