Wicklow Way Relay
Saturday 19 May, 2018
7 (2,2,3) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Only major junctions marked
The Wicklow Way must be followed as signposted, unless specifically listed below. Leg Descriptions are available but they are a little out of date so use as a guide only. When in doubt, look around you! Or post here.
Also, no shortcuts are allowed and teams risk being disqualified if reported. Taking the shortcuts on the road on leg 3 and leg 6 will result in 2 minute time penalties.
- Leg 8: Stay on the Wicklow Way running past until the Dying Cow. From here detour off the Wicklow Way to Kenny's Pub in Shillelagh (this will be marked)
- Leg 1 OSI Map
- Leg 2 OSI Map
- Leg 3 OSI Map(out of date - use as guideline only)
- Leg 4 OSI Map(out of date - use as guideline only)
- Leg 5 OSI Map
- Leg 6 OSI Map
- Leg 7 OSI Map (out of date - use as guideline only)
- Leg 8 OSI Map (missing) :
- Leg 1 Route and profile
- Leg 2 Route and profile
- Leg 3 Route and profile
- Leg 4 Route and profile
- Leg 5 Route and profile
- Leg 6 Route and profile
- Leg 6 Rerouted version (we need to confirm if it is still rerouted)
- Leg 7 Route and profile
- Leg 8 Route and profile
Teams are responsible for their own logistics. Its worthwhile getting the official Wicklow Way maps and leaflets for details.
See forum for latest updates on this event
Teams consisting of between 2 and 8 runners will run the Wicklow Way in Relay. There are eight stages, between 8km and 21km long.
Four steps registration process:
1. Download a copy of the entry form and fill out your team details: Registration Form 2018
2. Send the form as an attachment to my email: info@JKtherapy.ie from 4:00pm on Thursday 5th of April. NB: Save a copy of your outbound email and CC yourself so you can confirm it went through. Early entries will be told to resubmit.
(The first 30 forms IN ORDER to reach me after 4:00 pm take the spaces available. Any following entries will be put on a waiting list)
3. Await confirmation that your team is in (before midnight Thurs 5th April via email and on IMRA forum)
4. Once captain has received confirmation, go to the IMRA products page and purchase the Wicklow Way Relay product: https://www.imra.ie/shop/products
(you must be logged into MyIMRA for this to work)
THIS COMPLETES REGISTRATION. Then you have TWO MORE steps to do before your team will be allowed to start on the day, these steps be communicated by email to captains of confirmed teams.
Parkview House, Shillelagh
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize