- Wednesday 23 September, 2009
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 3 (1,1,1) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Junior girls will turn back where the loop begins. Junior boys, Inter/Senior girls will do one loop. Inter and senior boys two loops. All races finish at start. Junior girls: 2.2 km / 43m climb JB/IG/SG: 3.4 km / 108m climb IB/SB: 4.6 km / 173m climb
- Getting There:
- Bus and other parking may be available in St. Columbas, Rathfarnham. Registration will be at the Kilmashogue car park on the Wicklow Way. There is limited parking available there.
- Organisers Instructions:
This race together with the Munster schools mountain race, and 2008/2009 cross-country and mountain running form will be used to select the under 16 (born 1993-1994) and under 18 (born 1991/1992) teams for the British and Irish international on October 4th. Note runners born in 1991 who have finished school may compete as guests.
- Start at Kilmashogue forest car park. Run up the Wicklow Way for 1.1 km. Go straight where the WW turns right and do a 1.2 km loop.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize