Laptop Operator Training
- Saturday 23 January, 2010
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Organisers Instructions:
What is this?For members of the Laptop Operator Volunteer Panel, this is a classroom-based training day which will provide you with the skills and knowledge to enable you to manage registration and results at an IMRA race.
It is being held in parallel with training for Race Directors and First Aid Officers.
CostAll training courses are free of charge.
RegisteringTo register for a training course, you have 2 options.
1. Log into MyIMRA and volunteer as a "Helper" for the training course in the same way you would volunteer to help at a race.
2. Email the Laptop Operator panel owner Sinead Roche [sinead_ro (at) yahoo.com] and she will register you.
Course FormatAll 3 training courses are designed by mountain-runners specifically for this purpose. There are no independent certifications of any type provided.
The course will be 4 hours in duration, plus a break for lunch.
LocationThe courses are being held in the Version 1 offices, which are located 25 metres towards the Liffey from where the Luas line crosses Jervis Street. See the Maps tab above also.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize