- Sunday 12 May, 2013
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,2,3) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Championship, Munster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route heads up a country road for about 100metres, and then a turn left into farmland. Then you go through steep, rough fields, and along ditches, leading up to the forestry at the top of the hill. After this, the course is on forest roads with a small descent to begin with. The return leg is the same.
- Getting There:
- Doon, Co. Limerick
If you come through Doon from Limerick (heading east) on the R505, turn left at the petrol station (just before the graveyard), pass the secondary school on your left, and take the next right. The start and registration is in the carpark up about 300m on this road.
OSI grid reference: R 837 511Google Streetview link
- Organisers Instructions:
- The cost is â‚¬10 per person. If you have already raced an IMRA race this year, please bring your number with you. If not, you can speed things up by downloading the membership form and filling it in beforehand.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Prizes and refreshments in same location as registration
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize