- Sunday 28 April, 2013
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (1,2,3) - Easy Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The race will follow a marked anti-clockwise route along forest roads, woodland paths, and open hillside.
- Getting There:
- Banteer, Co. Cork
Registration and parking is at the Glen Theatre in Banteer. For those coming from Mallow, head West on the N72 (towards Killarney) for about 20km. Turn left at the R579 junction (signposted Banteer/Nad). Travel on this road for about 3km (going straight through Banteer Village) and the Glen Theatre is on the right hand side.
OSI grid reference: W389 962Google Streetview link
The race itself starts about 3km from registration, but it will be necessary to carpool to the start location as parking is limited there.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Please be at the race registration location before 12:30 to give time to travel to the race start location.
This race is open to all, and the cost is â‚¬10 per person. If you have already raced an IMRA race this year, please bring your number with you. If not, you can speed things up by downloading the membership form and filling it in beforehand.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Refreshments and prizegiving aftwerwards in the Glen Theatre
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize