Ironbridge Nav Challenge 1
- First race of the annual nav challenge league
- Sunday 20 August, 2017
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (2,3,3) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Navigational Challenge
- Entry opens:
- 2017-08-06 12:01:01
- Entry closes:
- 2017-08-19 18:01:01
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Short course and Long course routes are available. Controls can be reached in any order. There are 9 controls. 8 controls are needed for the long course. 5 controls are needed for the short course. The control(s) you leave out at at the runners discretion. Punch your card (on your map) at each control.
The area is mainly good trail running. Any off-trail options are entirely at a participants discretion.
- Getting There:
- Ironbridge (T 074 847) will be known to most people as the handover point at end of Leg 6 on the Wicklow way relay. Get there via Aughrim direction Aughavannagh, or from Glenmalure. Parking is limited so carpooling is encouraged. Please park sensibly not to block any local access.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Race voucher or on-line pre-registration only.
All competitors, and particularly those who have not competed this year already, should READ the NEW REGISTRATION GUIDELINES. We are NO longer accepting MONEY at races.
Registration will open at 9:15 and will close at 10:15.
Mandatory Kit: running jacket, whistle and compass. We also recommend a hat, some food and water. If you are unsure if you are able for the course, please also bring a mobile phone. Be aware though that phone signal at the start/finish location is limited.
A map will be supplied to competitors just before Start. The map will have the control locations for the Short and Long Course - see route variation. Early starts for those usually > 160% of finishers time. Early start time 10am. Please ensure Race Director knows of your early start.
- Prizegiving Location:
- At race finish
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|O'Malley||Eoin||Marino||Docklands, Ballsbridge, and out N11. Need to be back in Dublin by 2.30||08:15:00||3||0|
|Boyle||Joseph||Raheny||Donaghmeade, R139, Red Cow Luas, Citywest, N81, Blessington and Hollywood.||08:00:00||3||2|