Castlecomer Discovery Park
- Castlecomer Southeast League race
- Sunday 21 January, 2018
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 5 (2,1,2) - Moderate Terrain, <200M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Southeast League
- Entry opens:
- 2018-01-07 09:00:01
- Entry closes:
- 2018-01-20 18:00:01
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Senior Route 9.2km Short Course 7km Junior Route 2.9km
- Getting There:
- On main N78 Kilkenny-Athy Road approx. 20mins drive from Kilkenny. See www.discoverypark.ie
- Organisers Instructions:
- Registration open from 09:30-10:45 in the prefab opposite DiscoveryPark reception. Three Route variations. Mostly woodland trail, single track routes, soft in places, tree roots underfoot, some ducking and diving. Sheltered within trees for most part. A 2km section within the old open-cast mining area. Large car park within Discovery Park. Charge of €2-€4 depending on length of stay. Off site parking main square of Castlecomer 500m away. Sart/finish with 50 metres of Park entrance. Toilets/Restaurant all available and open throughout day. Check out www.discoverypark.ie .
Important information regarding 2018 registration
Annual Registration for 2018 will only be available online - there will be no cash registration available at any IMRA races in 2018. This includes all Munster, Southeast and Trial races
Please note that no cash payments will be accepted on race day.
Payment may be made by either registering online ahead of event and paying the â‚¬7/â‚¬5 entry fee or using a race voucher on the day. Any 2016/2017 race vouchers with races remaining can be carried forward for use in 2018.
Race registration will close the day before the race to facilitate getting list of entrants over to race directors in time. As usual vouchers can be used to purchase multiple entries to facilitate registering for children, friends etc.
Runners will be required to sign in either as a preregistered runner or a voucher runner - further details on the new procedures and new guidelines will be sent to Race Directors in advance of races.
Runners will also be responsible for their own numbers at the end of the race and will be required to keep them and bring them with them for next race.
Mandatory kit for this race requires all runners to carry or wear a jacket. Failure to do so will result is disqualification
IMRA Committee 2018
- Prizegiving Location:
- Main Reception area of Discovery Park @ 12:30 approx
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Bruen||Pat||Wexford Town||Enniscorthy, Bunclody, Carlow||09:00:00||2||0|