End of League Handicap
- New route starting in Cruagh wood with Glendoo as turning point
- Wednesday 14 July, 2010
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 5 (1,2,2) - Easy Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Route Description:
- Getting There:
- The race will start in the area of the Tibradden forest car park. Map published.
- Organisers Instructions:
- This year\'s race will be a little different. The winner of the race will be the runner who crosses the finish line closest to 8:30pm. Runners will choose their own start time. Watches (and any other time keeping devices) will be prohibited.
So the runner who is best, or luckiest, at estimating their own speed over the course of the race should be the winner, giving everyone an equal chance of winning.
To keep things interesting and fair the route map will not be published until the day before the race, or maybe even closer to the race time. The climb and distance details will also be updated then. It won\'t be the usual Kippure race route. So hopefully nobody will be able to gain an advantage by doing a trial run on the route. Registration will be at the Tibradden car park.Route is a mixture of trail, single track and boggy/rocky trail and wooden sleepers. A bit of everything in fact. Trail shoes highly recommended.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Tibradden car park
- Reasonably technical terrain, trail shoes recommended. Last 1.6km is on trail to allow for bunching of runners towards the finish.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Carroll||Nigel||Portmarnock||Baldoyle then onto M50||17:10:00||3||1|