- Big loop over Three-Rock and around Fairy Castle
- Sunday 9 February, 2020
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (3,2,2) - Difficult Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Winter / Spring League
- Route Description:
- Trail shoes recommended. The route will be similar in nature to the one on the map link page. Juniors/Short course will probably go up the boneshaker.
- Getting There:
- Please cycle up or carpool from home or Taylor's pub. Vouchers can only be handed out on receipt of proof of payment. Bring your chip timer. Registration and prize giving in Taylor's 3 rock pub.
- Organisers Instructions:
- MANDATORY SHOWERPROOF JACKET MUST BE CARRIED/WORN DURING ALL IMRA EVENTS
No jacket = no result. Bring the mandatory jacket and have it crossing the finish line. The race start is a 5 minute walk away from registrationAs we enter a new year, below is some useful information for the Winter/Spring League, and also for the rest of 2020.
- As this is one of the forst races of the year, registration will be very busy handing out new numbers and assigning timing-chips.
- Please arrive early,registration will close at 10:45
- Please sign-in first, then collect your number, then proceed to the laptop desk to get your chip registered and scanned.
- If you have a chip from previous years, please bring it with you for reprogramming
- If you do not have a chip, one will be provided to you free of charge
- Your chip will and number will be yours for the entire 2020 race year. Please retain both for the year, they are your responsibility. Replacement number or chips will be charged at €5 (one punch from voucher card or can be purchased online.
- It is mandatory to carry or wear a showerproof jacket at all IMRA races. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the race.
- Please make your number clearly visible on the front of your chest. Do not wear it on your shorts, as it cannot be seen easily by the spotters.
- If you must use a race belt for your number, please ensure that it is facing frontwards when crossing the line.
- Fix your timing chip on your shoe laces. Anywhere else and it will not register on the timing mat. Cable ties will be provided at the chip-desk.
- If you cannot finish the race for any reason, please let a volunteer know. Otherwise we could be out on the mountain for a while looking for you.
- The RD can be contacted using the emergency phone number on the rear of your race number.
- Prizegiving Location:
Taylor's 3 rock pub for registration and prize giving
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize