- Wednesday 10 July, 2013
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Summer League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route starts by going up the country road near the carpark. Keep left on the way up, and then go straight through the first crossroads to follow a path going up by a stream. Turn left at the top of this, and run back down the forest road with views of the lake on your left. Eventually there is a right turn to head into the forest, and you are now on mountain bike trails, which may be a bit mucky! These exit back onto the fireroad, from where it is a short trip back to the carpark and finish.
- Getting There:
- Ballycuggaran, Two-Mile Gate, Killaloe, Co Clare
From the M7, take the Birdhill/Killaloe exit onto the R494 heading towards Killaloe. When you get to Ballina, turn left at the roundabout and go across the bridge to Killaloe. Turn right after the bridge, and there is a large carpark in front of the lake on the right hand side after about 4km.
OSI grid reference: R 687 763Google Streetview link
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all and the cost is â‚¬5.
Please arrive at 19:00 to give time for race registration.
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, bring your number with you, if not you can speed things up by downloading the membership form and filling it in beforehand, but they will be available on the day as well.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Refreshments in Ã“ Riain's Pub in Ballina
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize