Sunday 8 April, 2018
7 (2,3,2) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Only major junctions marked
Munster Winter/Spring League, Southeast League
The race starts in the village going up the road. Take the first left and then next left through a rough passage for 300 meters to the base of the hill. From here you follow the well traveled path all the way to the top which is non stop climb, then you just return the same route and you have done it.
Kilcash, Co. Tipperary
The race starts in Kilcash Village, which is just off the Clonmel/Kilkenny road (N76).
OSI grid reference: S 314 280Google Streetview link
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
NEW IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2018!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2018 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2018 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for Leinster League finisher's prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for Leinster League finisher prize