- Saturday 1 June, 2019
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Irish Championship, Munster Championship
- Entry opens:
- 2019-05-18 09:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2019-05-31 14:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route this year is the same as last year. It will start and finish on the Kerry Way in the Brida Valley. A map of the route is on the events page. The start point is at the gate on the Kerry Way just up from the road.
- Organisers Instructions:
Note: Online registration will close at 14:00 on 31st May. As usual, you may use your IMRA voucher on the day of the race as payment.
The race will start and finish on the Kerry Way in the Brida Valley. This is about 10k past the Climbers Inn in Glencar. It will be signposted after the Climbers Inn.
There will be restricted car parking near the start of the race. We will have the use of the local farmers yard for this at a cost of 3.00 euro per car. There will absolutely be NO car parking on the road.
All runners must bring with them the following:
- A longsleeved rainproof running top
- Hat and Gloves, Whistle
- Extra clothing:
- Warm longsleeved top and leggings
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
NEW IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2018!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2018 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2018 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
- Prizegiving Location:
- Climbers Inn
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize