- Wednesday 8 July, 2009
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (2,3,3) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Getting There:
- The grid reference for starting point of this race is O 194 078. 1. From Kilmacanogue:- Take the slip road just south of the garage and cross over the dual carriageway going through two roundabouts following signs for Roundwood. Take the first exit off the tiny roundabout near the Glencormac Inn and follow the road up Rocky Valley for about 2 kms. The main road for Roundwood veers left here but you take the minor forked turn to the RIGHT signposted Enniskerry, follow this road for about 1.5 kms and then take a sharp LEFT turn. Now skip to point 3 below. 2. From Enniskerry:- Go through the village and take the steep road up the hill to the entrance to Powerscourt, bypass this and head down over the Tinnehinch bridge across the Dargle. Go right at the T junction after this (i.e. stay on the main road) and follow this road for about 1.5 kms. The main road veers left here, stay on it and after about 200 metres, there is a turn to the RIGHT. 3. From this junction:- This road is quite straight and takes you past the Djouce woods. Follow it for about 7 kms and you will see Ballinastoe Wood on the right. There is limited parking in the car park in the wood, otherwise there is off-road parking immediately south of the entrance to the wood.
- Organisers Instructions:
- As is often the case at IMRA races, car parking is VERY limited for this event. Please car pool if possible: either from town or from the pub (Coach House in Roundwood). Please park sensibly and follow the marshals' instructions. This is the longest race in the Leinster league so please start early if you feel you will be out on the course for some time. This will help you and the race organisers. Early starters need to time themselves and we can adjust the results later. At this time of year, midges can be a big problem at venues like this so bring insect repellent!
- Prizegiving Location:
- Coach House, Roundwood
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|