- Sunday 10 March, 2013
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 4 (1,1,2) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Spring League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Click on Maps link above for course map.
This is a beginner friendly event of 6km starting on the fireroad just beyond the second barrier (about 100m up from the Kilmashogue carpark) and run up the fireroad for 3km, turn around and run back down again. The turnaround will be marked clearly. As this is an out (up) and back (down) route Please keep to the left at all times and try to keep your head up as the lead runners will coming down the way chop chop! Garmin link to the route : http://connect.garmin.com/activity/277475459 Strava Segment (3 km climb) : http://app.strava.com/segments/3500201 Strava Segment (1 mile descent) : http://app.strava.com/segments/3500213
- Getting There:
- Directions to Registration
Registration is at Taylor's 3 Rock pub. Parking is at Taylor's or Marlay Park. The race starts partway up KIlmashogue Lane which is 2.4km from Taylors Parpark and 1.6km from Marlay Park Carpark. You will need to allow time to walk up to the start.
- Organisers Instructions:
- THERE WILL NOT BE CARPARKING AT THE RACE START. Parking at this race is not available, please consider public transport, bicycle and full carpooling from the surrounding carparks in Marlay Park. REGISTRATION IS AT TAYLORS 3 ROCK from 10am until 11.30am. Junior course is 4km so juniors turn at the 2km marker. There is no adult short course.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Garmin link to the route : http://connect.garmin.com/activity/277475459 Strava Segment of the climb : http://app.strava.com/segments/3500201 steady climb for 2.2km, undulating for 800m. Turn around and run back!
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|