- A circuit and climb of the Sugarloaf
- Wednesday 7 August, 2019
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (3,2,2) - Difficult Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster League
- Entry opens:
- 2019-07-25 09:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2019-08-06 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Starting on the Sugarloaf Way at the Kilmacanogue end and following the trail for about 1km (through 2 gates and a barrier). Turn left onto a grassy path for about 100m before a sharp right going up and over the "Biker's Humps" to rejoin the way marked trail. Follow the Sugarloaf Way around the western side of the mountain. At about 2.5km leave the trail via a small path on the right to traverse some open mountain (sheep paths through low heather) This meanders down and around to just up from the car park and the main walkers trail, (but do not turn for the summit yet, there's more) cross the trail and follow the narrow path up and around the field on the right. Join the grassy descent to the stream. About 50m past the stream turn left, which will bring you to the climb of the original route. All the way back to the main trail. When you get to the base of the cone turn right and start climbing. Yes! from the south! it's steep! Up and over! Soon after that you will be ready for the descent. Off the west side (to avoid having runners meet up & down) and turning left to follow the old route descent. However there is still one more change so - NO AUTO-PILOT RUNNING. The finish will be near the start (NOT the GAA Pitch) You've been warned! look out for the left turn. at 7.5km, I'm calling it "Short but Tough" (no comments please!) There will be a 3.2km looped course for our J14 category. Older Juniors can run the full course. Runners under 10 must be accompanied by an adult. There will be marshals on the route and it will be well marked.
- Getting There:
- Please carpool where possible. There will be some limited parking around Kilmacanogue and at Pluck's, but please be aware of local residents when deciding where to park.
- Organisers Instructions:
- All competitors, and particularly those who have not competed this year already, should READ the NEW REGISTRATION GUIDELINES.
We are NO longer accepting MONEY at races.
SIGN AND SCAN!
Notice regarding mandatory kit requirements Jacket to be worn or carried at all times during the race and official IMRA race number to be displayed clearly on the front of your running top.
Notice regarding early start Although this race is under 8k, due to the climb at the summit, there will be the option of an early start. However, this is for runners 160% etc. And PLEASE REMEMBER if you are on the descent when the regular start race leaders will be coming through the the path is very narrow in places.
Trail shoes are recommended
- Prizegiving Location:
- Plucks of Kilmacanogue (Used to be the Glencormac Inn).
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Mahon||Conor||Inchicore/Kilmainham||M50 - will be heading back straight after race, won't be sticking around for the BBQ.||17:30:00||3||0|
|Lyons||Siobhán||Balbriggan||Swords, Plucks Kilmacanogue||17:15:00||2||0|
|O'Malley||Eoin||Marino||Docklands, Ballsbridge, then out Stilloran dual carriageway||17:30:00||3||3|