- European Championships Trial 2011
- Saturday 18 June, 2011
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,3,2) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Getting There:
- Starts at Crone Wood Car Park. Grid ref is O193142. Leave the motorway at Kilmacanogue on the Wexford road to take the road to Roundwood; turn right after 800m towards Enniskerry; follow the signs towards the Waterfall. The start is around 1200m beyond the entrance to Powerscourt waterfall.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Race Information Sheet
Predominantly uphill race. Senior men will finish on Djouce summit. Junior men and senior women at foot of Djouce at Wicklow Way junction. Junior women at junction where WW leaves the forest wall in direction of Djouce.
Junior men and senior women: 5.2 km with 545m climb and 142m descent. Junior women: 3.9 km with 400m climb and 142m descent.
Inter-Clubs Championships The first 3 club teams in both the men and women categories will be awarded championship medals. Any number of athletes may run on a team with the highest placed 3 finishers counting for the team result. The first female finisher will score 1 point. Runners must register their club in the laptop.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Glencormac Inn
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize