Mountain Rescue Benefit Race
- A short route over Ticknock and Fairy Castle mountains first used by Mountain Rescue
- Wednesday 22 August, 2012
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 5 (2,2,1) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Dublin Wicklow Mountain Rescue Team and the Glen of Imall Mountain Rescue Team in association with IMRA are organising an end of Season Mountain Rescue Benefit Hill Run.
As it is end of season, there will be no IMRA registration fee and new runners are most welcome. There will be several Mountain Rescue personnel from both teams in attendance so this is the race to have your tumble! There will be race prizes, sponsored by IMRA and others, several spot prizes and it promises to be a great fun night at the end of what has been a great season.
Mountain Rescue in Ireland is a voluntary service, and depends on fundraising for most of its operating income. Between the two teams we respond to about 50 callouts per annum and cover an operational area from the Cooley Mountains down to South Wicklow. Please contact Brendan Lawlor 087 2432798 or Gareth Little 087 9573216 if you would like more information.
Please support what we hope will be a great event in aid of a very worthwhile cause.
If you wish to collect sponsorship, here is a flyer/sponsorship card that you can print: Sponsorship Form
- Prizegiving Location:
- Lamb Doyle's pub
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Jones||Val||Airside, Swords, outside DID||M50||17:30:00||6||0|
|Scott||Stuart||UCD||Brewery Rd, returning Deansgrange||18:00:00||3||0|
|Fleetwood||Ronan||Milltown Luas stop||Dundrum||18:20:00||2||0|