- Wednesday 12 June, 2013
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (2,3,3) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- See Map. If the weather is bad with poor visibility, or if there is fires on Seefingan, the race will turn back at Corrig Mountain peak i.e. the section from Corrig out to Seefingan and back will be dropped. I know some people relish the challenge of an open mountain race requiring a degree of navigation in zero visibility, but I'm afraid you'll have to look to Championship and Nav challenge races for that kind of challenge. Decision will be made on the night shortly before the start.
- Getting There:
- Registration will be at the race start (see maps). RUNNERS MUST CARPOOL. There is no designated car park at the race start, and there is limited parking only along a narrow country road. There is plenty of parking at Aherns Pub in Oldbawn, Tallaght. Please ensure all cars have 4 -5 runners approaching race start. Note that Ahern's pub is partly obscured by a big new Paddy Power sign on the building that is attached to the roadfront side of the pub. It is easy to pass by without seeing the pub. The race start is only 7k from the pub - an ideal opportunity to get a little cross-training in on your bicycle! (and reduce parking congestion at the start.)
- Organisers Instructions:
- This is a long, very hard route on open mountain (12 km, approx 550m climbing). the longest race in the Leinster League. It is not a race for beginners; please don't attempt it unless you are confident of your fitness to complete a race with this profile. The winning time is expected to be around 60 mins, with people finishing anything up to 2 hours or more after they start. There will be an early start at 7.00 for people who normally finish at 170% or more of the winner's time. Runners should be suitably attired and well prepared for whatever the weather brings on the day. Trail or mountain running shoes are advised.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Ahearne's pub Tallaght Ahern's pub is partly obscured by a big new Paddy Power sign on the building that is attached to the roadfront side of the pub. It is easy to pass by without seeing the pub.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Scott||Stuart||UCD||Firhouse, returning Deansgrange (30% chance of breaking down)||18:02:00||3||0|
|McHale||Stephen||Dublin City Centre||N81||18:00:00||3||1|
|O'Gorman||Vivian||Rathmines||Terenure,Templeogue,Firhouse or anywhere in between!||17:30:00||4||3|
|McParland||Damien||UCD||Goatstown, Churchtown, Rathfarnham||17:45:00||4||3|
|Mullee||Louis||Ballybrack||Cherrywood - M50||18:15:00||2||1|
|Cahill||James H||Greystones||Greystones Dart Station, Delgany||18:00:00||2||1|
|Fleetwood||Ronan||Milltown Luas stop||Rathfarnham||18:00:00||2||2|